Page 742 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792842 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,840 of 23338
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I've dabbled a bit in Don't Starve and Anno 2070 now that I guess I'm done with Neverwinter (it was decent, but the gear collecting in dungeons didn't appeal to me after all).

Don't Starve I still don't really get. I play a couple of days every once in a while, but there's no real spark for me. I keep hoping the game gives me an Amulet of Yendor to chase, but that was probably never the point. It should... well, it should be clearer about that. As a survival game it's okay, but I never feel pressured to go out and explore. It's just something to do once basic need are taken care of, instead of actually being a requirement to fulfill those needs. Then again I haven't seen winter yet, so things might still change.
    Well in Winter it's quite hard to survive (at least for me) the longest i lasted before dying was 32 days, but that's mostly because i go on trips and i'm either without fire or i'm not paying attention and get attacked. Usually it's something stupid.

BUT i think that the game is pretty good regarding the survival mechanics. Usually when you are in a survival situation you first look for food, water (this game would have been quite better with a water counter) and shelter and after that you look for ways to escape.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Going back to the Binding of Isaac, and rediscovering how disturbing it is. It became a good deal more so after having a child, I must say. It's still excellent, though. I killed Mom's Heart for the first time and unlocked three other characters. It was a good run.

Brutal Legend is welcome to not be the greatest game in the world, if it keeps looking as strikingly excellent as it has so far. What's making me smile most is not the jokes, although they are pretty good. It's the bizarre and fantastic vistas. I play games to see stuff like this and I so rarely do. I'll put up with a lot for that.

Played Neverwinter this Week End. It's surprisingly fun and dynamic. It lacks a bit of races and customisation. (Everyone looks the same ) But playing a dwarf rogue sets me a bit appart. I made it to level 10 quite easily. Will probably paly some more in the near future.

Still playing persona 4 golden on the Vita. Pro tip: Max Marie SL before 02/12... I had to go back 5 hours of play because of that. Luckily I had several saves.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Bastion, trying to ace all the proving grounds. The Shield one is testing my patience.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Bastion, trying to ace all the proving grounds. The Shield one is testing my patience.
    Some of the proving grounds are highly effected by which drinks you have equipped, consider them carefully. Bothering to try and ace them was my only regret about Bastion, I enjoyed the whole rest body the game.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Some of the proving grounds are highly effected by which drinks you have equipped, consider them carefully. Bothering to try and ace them was my only regret about Bastion, I enjoyed the whole rest body the game.
    Yeah, the 100% shield damage is equipped but it's more the timing with some enemies that are hard to read, like those Squirts and the green pickaxe dudes and blue ball dudes.

I like they added challenges but the completionist in me needs to finish them all, I already completed all the Sigils.

Edit: Aced the Shield Challenge, the windbag at the end was tricky because of his mucus tracks he leaves behind.

The Bazooka and Pike challenge remain.

The fact you can't restart from a menu and that the animation at the start of a challenge is really frustrating.

Edit 2: Everything done except for the Bazooka one, the gun is only at level 1 and I'm at the point of no return, the Knowhere levels don't really give much money either. Once those scumbags pass your line of fire it's basically game over since you can't shoot them without damaging your towers and when you try to kill the enemies destroying the towers inbound enemies just come pouring in.

Edit 3 Beat it. Loved it, superb sound track as well.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 13-05-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Brutal Legend is welcome to not be the greatest game in the world, if it keeps looking as strikingly excellent as it has so far. What's making me smile most is not the jokes, although they are pretty good. It's the bizarre and fantastic vistas. I play games to see stuff like this and I so rarely do. I'll put up with a lot for that.
    Some of the scenery in that game is just fantastic, makes it a joy to explore compared to the chore that many games make getting around.

I played a bit of Pid, enough to defeat the first boss and I think that's about it for me. It's really quite nice, pretty and nice enough mechanics with an interesting world. But it doesn't have enough of a hook to keep me going and I think it may be long for the sake of being long, a lot of the levels were just a case of getting through them instead of being challenged in any real way or exploring nice things.

I'm largely starting to feel that platformers need to be really really special to hold my interest. The Trine games have been the only ones to actually succeed in this in the past few years.

Obscure Node
    iRacing. With a dash of Far Cry 3, Euro Truck Simulator, and simraceway.

Playing Halo4 on Xbox every now and then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Going back to the Binding of Isaac, and rediscovering how disturbing it is. It became a good deal more so after having a child, I must say. It's still excellent, though. I killed Mom's Heart for the first time and unlocked three other characters. It was a good run.

Glad to see you're enjoying BL! One thing I loved about the landscape was just how different they all look.

Still playing a lot of Planetside 2, Torchlight 2 with my gf and then on my Playstation Vita (boo hiss argh!!), I've been playing something called "Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward" which is some kinda japanese puzzle/novel game. It essentially has two parts, a novel where you just read the subtitles because you dont speak japanese (apparently the 3DS version got a sub) and a puzzle part where you have to figure out puzzles to leave a room. There's also extra/harder puzzles in the room which are optional that unravel more of the story, but aren't essential.

The jist of the story is 9 people have to get 9 points to open the number 9 door, which stays open for 9 seconds. If you try go through with less or more than 9 points you'll die. If you try take off the bracelet tracking your score, you'll die. Once the door opens and closes again, it'll never open. They have to work together to solve puzzles but then they have to play a round of Prisoners Dilemma after every set of puzzles. If they end up with less than 0 points they also die.

It's strange and certainly enjoyable. There's many different branching paths and various endings. Some characters will die if you do down one branch and others will win if you do down another. If you get a game over or "to be continued" screen, you can open up a flow chart and return to anywhere in the game, so you can pick the other option and go down another path to learn more. For example, I've found out from going down a path I previously didn't take that one of the characters has previous knowledge of what's going on, but on the other path, she never told me that.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    and then on my Playstation Vita (boo hiss argh!!), I've been playing something called "Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward" which is some kinda japanese puzzle/novel game.
    Brace yourself for egregious levels of mindfuck. You have been warned.

After years of having it in my steam library I've finally launched Amnesia: The Dark Descent for the first time. I knew what to expect and that I would had loved it immediately. My plan was to start it on saturday and sort of play it from beginnig to end during the weekend. What my masterplan didn't consider is that I feel the need to STOP playing it every ~hour because I really can't handle the pressure, and in more than 20 years of honest pc-gaming this is the first time I feel like that. I mean, I'm 30, horror fan since blahblahblah, grew up watching all the italians best thrillers and yeahyeahyeah, Polanski's Repulsion is one of my favourite movies and IknowIknowIknow, but still. This game is a masterpiece and I'm just three hours into it. And everytime I approach my mouse with the intent to double click it on my steam library I have to stop for a second and tell myself "do not shit in your pants".
    I know there are probably thousand of posts like this but hey, why not make my first post saying something old, obvious and putting the image of me shitting my pants in rps community's brain?

Hello forum <3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I played Candy Box all weekend long, off and on. (and friday and thursday)
    I didn't fully beat it but I achieved my personal goals. ^_^
    Definitely try it if you haven't. Candies are delicious.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

I think I'm mostly through with Evil Genius. It's hard to tell since I have been assembling my superweapon for ages now. At least my scientists don't research any new stuff anymore and I did manage to take out Mariana Mamba and Jet Chan.
    Mamba wasn't much of a problem but capturing Chan was a disaster. He literally killed half my personnel in the process, including most of my henchmen.
    It's still kind of a boring game, though. Most of the time I do nothing and then I go to the kitchen and do the dishes instead.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by zappeo View Post
    After years of having it in my steam library I've finally launched Amnesia: The Dark Descent for the first time. I knew what to expect and that I would had loved it immediately. My plan was to start it on saturday and sort of play it from beginnig to end during the weekend. What my masterplan didn't consider is that I feel the need to STOP playing it every ~hour because I really can't handle the pressure, and in more than 20 years of honest pc-gaming this is the first time I feel like that. I mean, I'm 30, horror fan since blahblahblah, grew up watching all the italians best thrillers and yeahyeahyeah, Polanski's Repulsion is one of my favourite movies and IknowIknowIknow, but still. This game is a masterpiece and I'm just three hours into it. And everytime I approach my mouse with the intent to double click it on my steam library I have to stop for a second and tell myself "do not shit in your pants".
    I know there are probably thousand of posts like this but hey, why not make my first post saying something old, obvious and putting the image of me shitting my pants in rps community's brain?

Hello forum <3
    There is something strange with this game... I haven't played it yet. It's collecting digital dust in my steam library But both my brother and his wife played the game till the end.

Both of them don't play that much, they play one or two game a year. Neither of them felt that the game was scary... Maybe it's because they don't feel connected to the character as much as heavier gamers ? I don't know

I should try it at some point...

*Mostly* harmless

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Both of them don't play that much, they play one or two game a year. Neither of them felt that the game was scary... Maybe it's because they don't feel connected to the character as much as heavier gamers ? I don't know
    Headphones, sufficiently dark gamma, dark room, playing while home alone and not on voice chat - this should help a lot.

For me there was a thing that later on in the game took much of the scares away, I´ll put it in the spoiler tags just in case: when you realise that the monsters usually spawn after you complete a puzzle you become prepared and also somewhat in control of the spawning, should have been more random.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabraw View Post
    Headphones, sufficiently dark gamma, dark room, playing while home alone and not on voice chat - this should help a lot.
    This. I don't know how did Drayk's brother/sister in law play the game, but headphones and complete silence/isolation are mandatory since audio in this game plays the most important role.
    What i absolutely love about it is that it's not meant to scare you in a cheap "jump-on-your-chair" way, like most horror games (and 90% of the horror movies produced after the '90s) generally do. Claustrophobia, oppression, anxiety, are all built slowly, with small noises, with the "visual" element only taking place after you're already hugging the wall with a lantern in your hands screaming "I'M SO SORRY PLEASEDON'THURTME" (and then I generally quit and go back to Prison Architect where that cute little sprites can't do anything bad to me).

Recently bought Hitman: Absolution and Brütal Legend, and I have tons of other games to play, but wanted to give them a try before going on with what I'm playing. Unfortunately, both games seem to kill my laptop. Literally. It's a good laptop, though, way above the requirements, and I always use it with a fan, but it suddenly turns off while I play any of both games. BL also runs way slower than it should. I've done some research, and it seems like it might be a problem with my PSU, so I guess I'll be getting a new one once I go back to my hometown this summer.

Meanwhile, I've abandoned ME3 until I find myself willing to repeat the progress I loss due to an unconvenient bug, and I'm already finishing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Will start Planetscape: Torment as soon as I finish it. Also, recently got MoH: Allied Assault, for when I just want some mindless shooting, and it's pretty great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by zappeo View Post
    This. I don't know how did Drayk's brother/sister in law play the game, but headphones and complete silence/isolation are mandatory since audio in this game plays the most important role.
    What i absolutely love about it is that it's not meant to scare you in a cheap "jump-on-your-chair" way, like most horror games (and 90% of the horror movies produced after the '90s) generally do. Claustrophobia, oppression, anxiety, are all built slowly, with small noises, with the "visual" element only taking place after you're already hugging the wall with a lantern in your hands screaming "I'M SO SORRY PLEASEDON'THURTME" (and then I generally quit and go back to Prison Architect where that cute little sprites can't do anything bad to me).
    Knowing them they probably played it on a laptop in their kitchen in a well lit area... Probably not the best way to be in the mood...

I remember the time I played Fahrenheit in a dark room, with headphones... I forgot the keys in the door an my gf couldn't enter our flat... A neighbo(u?)r had to climb with a ladder on our balcony... they thought something happened to me...

I was caught in the cathedral scene with the gargoyles and couldn't hear anything...

*Mostly* harmless

Activated Node
    Ah Amnesia. I still remember my first try. 12 o'clock at night. Home alone. See first monster. Run away. Hide behind some closet. Enemy moving closer. Becoming insane. Die. Never play again.

While I'm away from my PC, I need my Monster Hunter fix. Trying to kill a Barroth with a Swax takes almost 40 minutes just to see it limp, even when I managed to cut off its tail. Then, I tried a hammer, 20 minutes. I gotta say using a hammer, even if I can't chop off it's tail, gets me pumped every time, going around shouting "VOON SMASH!!1!!1" as I whacked his ugly head. Hammers are really satisfying to use in Tri
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles