Page 744 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 244644694734742743744745746754794844 ... LastLast
Results 14,861 to 14,880 of 22674
    So, no 'accidents' at all? Awesome.

I probably have to get rid of those solar panels later for a hydroelectric plant later. It's just too much money going to the the utilities, there.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    So, no 'accidents' at all? Awesome.

I probably have to get rid of those solar panels later for a hydroelectric plant later. It's just too much money going to the the utilities, there.
    Missile silos very very occasionally fire off missiles. Those missiles very very occasionally come back down again. Otherwise it's just a small increase in local crime as all those soldiers go on leave.

SC4 doesn't have hydroelectric. They have cold fusion, tho.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Oh, cold fusion. Meant to say that. Wish it had hydros, though. Those never decay in 2k.

I forgot to mention that most, if not all of my commercial buildings have low customers but they very rarely go vacant. Okay but I'm just curious why it never get high customers, let alone medium and traffic seems to be pretty high in that place as well. Looked around the net and they said that traffic contributes to the number of customers but here? High traffic, still low customers. Traffic's going smooth at least. Griddy somewhat but smooth
    Art blog here.

Obscure Node
    I've just tested Grim Dawn Alpha today and it was awesome. Much more polished than you would expect from an Alpha build. The atmosphere is really dark and broody. Had a lot of fun already and after a little bit of polish this could be quite the game.

Network Hub
    I've fallen down the DEEEEEP rabbit hole of Avernum: Escape from the Pit. This is my first go-around with one of these retro Spiderweb games jaunts, and I'm really loving it so far. We'll see how the story continues to flesh itself out as I explore and get myself into trouble.

I think that I'm finally ready to jump back into Borderlands 2. I maxed out my interest awhile back but the new Krieg character looks like a lot of fun. Or maybe I'll wait to dive back in once the last bit of Tiny Tina DLC is released...

SimCity 4 giveth and SimCity 4 taketh away. I'm losing money again and demands going down the gutter just like that. I swear, Sims are weird people
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Enjoying the Neverwinter MMO. It takes some bits from Dungeons & Dragons Stormreach (or D&D Online, whatever) like no automatic health regeneration outside of a rest/campfire area, and small five man parties. The only reason I stopped playing D&D Online in the first place was because it was impossible to solo or find a party outside of the starting area. There just weren't enough people playing.

That's where the similarities end I think. Neverwinter's combat has a more MMO flavour to it and you won't miss a skeleton 50 times in a row because your Cleric can't hit for shit.

Is it worth getting ME 3 just for multiplayer?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Depends. How much is the game to buy and how much do you think you'll like the MP?

I liked the MP a good bit, but it's not got a lot of depth to it. You're essentially in an arena, killing wave after wave of bad guys until you've killed enough of them. Sometimes you'll be forced to move around the map to gather objectives/hack terminals so you can't just turtle up in one place.

The combat is just what you'd expect. You get points to buy booster packs to try unlock weapons, consumables (health packs and ammo refills for use on missions) and class/race combinations.

I played in a few weekend events of it, but I quickly got a bit bored. It'd have been better with friends, but then what isn't? Also, it can be crap when you're playing PUGs and you get one guy whose way to OP for the level you're playing at and he just runs around killing everything in sight before you get a shot in.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I have to get rid of the airport as a desperate attempt to raise funds. I found out Solar Power as expensive as fuck, about 1000$ a month and I have four of them. Maybe I should've continued with the neigbour deals rather than relying on it.
    Art blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Depends. How much is the game to buy and how much do you think you'll like the MP?

I liked the MP a good bit, but it's not got a lot of depth to it. You're essentially in an arena, killing wave after wave of bad guys until you've killed enough of them. Sometimes you'll be forced to move around the map to gather objectives/hack terminals so you can't just turtle up in one place.

The combat is just what you'd expect. You get points to buy booster packs to try unlock weapons, consumables (health packs and ammo refills for use on missions) and class/race combinations.

I played in a few weekend events of it, but I quickly got a bit bored. It'd have been better with friends, but then what isn't? Also, it can be crap when you're playing PUGs and you get one guy whose way to OP for the level you're playing at and he just runs around killing everything in sight before you get a shot in.
    Well i played the Demo and i liked the MP, that's why i'm asking. I saw it on a sale in a store for ~15$. Are there active people playing the PC version nowadays?
    Last edited by UnderwaterCacty; 16-05-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    I really enjoyed the multiplayer, it is fun to work out how to use skills and classes together to be really effective and the drip feed of points to unlock random new classes/weapons keeps it interesting. Would only recommend buying ME3 if you either want to play the single player game or it is mad cheap (ideally both).

You've got me wanting to reinstall the mammoth ME3 files just to play the multiplayer now... No idea how active people still are with it, possibly just at the higher difficulties which get a bit min/maxy hardcore in pick up groups.

At the moment I am playing Brtal Legend, but getting really annoyed at the dodgy controller support. Apparently x360ce doesn't support it at all either, so am having real issues getting my ps2 pad to play nice with it. Also having a bit of an FTL renaissance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    I don't believe so. But it's a great little extra incentive if you are tempted by SP. Ultimately it's a money trap and a people who pay can get everything now, ultimately they set the prices too high and the grinding is mercifully efficient. But you will get tired of its peer to peer lag and you will get tired of repeating things so you can have fun later with whatever gubbins you are hoping to get unlocks. And many things you unlock are unrepentantly better rather than just different.

In the end I spent an hours worth of insane currency and I got a load of stuff that wasn't even slightly interesting.

I was grinding for crap I didn't care about/uninstalled.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I onlу have BF3 after I reinstalled windows.

Guide to enjoy BF3 for elitist players such as myself

0. Hardcore mode
    1. Play as RU team only( darker uniforms will help you hide in the shadows ninja style)
    2. Turn the HUD off
    3. Recon!
    4. SVD + 3.4x or 4x scope + silencer
    5. Hide( enemies will call it camping)
    6. Run away from tanks!
    7. Play lazy, never cap points or help your team!
    8. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    7. Play lazy, never cap points or help your team!
    Oh, so you're ​the one who's been telling everyone to do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Picked up Sanctum 2 expecting a sequel to Sanctum 1, my all time favorite tower defense game. Instead, I got a mediocre FPS with an incredibly small, underdeveloped tower defense element. From the single most strategic tower defense game I've ever played to a clunky, brainless FPS in a single iteration, what the hell happened?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Oh, so you're ​the one who's been telling everyone to do that.
    I'll get the tar. Vinraith will supply the feathers.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Picked up Sanctum 2 expecting a sequel to Sanctum 1, my all time favorite tower defense game. Instead, I got a mediocre FPS with an incredibly small, underdeveloped tower defense element. From the single most strategic tower defense game I've ever played to a clunky, brainless FPS in a single iteration, what the hell happened?
    "Dragon Age Syndrome"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Turning off the hud does sound good though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I will? OK, but the zookeepers got really mad the last time I did that...

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    "Dragon Age Syndrome"
    I never played DA2, so don't know how well it fits, but this certainly seems to be a case of "pulling out all the thoughtful bits of the game design so the masses don't hurt their wittle bitty bwains," which is really just insulting to everyone including the people they're trying to pander to.
    Last edited by vinraith; 16-05-2013 at 11:26 PM.