Page 748 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 248648698738746747748749750758798848 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,960 of 22694
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Just defeated the "boss" (not in the gameplay sense of ridiculous powers and health-bars) of the Underground Alien Base in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Apparently there's still two more such Important Story Missions to go before the conclusion of the campaign, but I'm getting increasingly bored of the 'save civilians', 'oh noes random alien attack' missions that just seem to drag on and on. It therefore doesn't surprise me that only 65% of players on Steam even made it to this part, and that apparently only 36% completed the game.
    wo wo...

36 percent completed the game. Anyone else thinks that is really high number?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    That's on any difficulty, mind. The other percentages on Steam's Global Achievement overview are much lower, 'Classic' is at 5,7%, 'Impossible' is at 0,7% and 'Ironman on Classic or Impossible' is at 1,6%.

Anyway, I don't think 36% is too different from most other games that I've checked in the past. A lot of people don't complete the games they buy, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 19-05-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    The difference between the combat of DA1 and DA2 is not as great as some people make out.
    Maybe Sanctum 2 will grow on you, didn't Sanctum 1 take a while to really appeal? (I say this more to provide succour than actually believing it)
    The only design decision that I think was a bad one (not necessarily the only one I didn't like) is that enemies spawn out of nowhere behind you.

DA:O was great for allowing ToEE-style battlefield control and spells. Once you have enemies spawning out of everywhere, your rear-line artillery are now frontline soldiers getting their asses stabbed.

And in the past few days of only having phone internet (and not even good phone internet at that), I've been playing Divine Divinity. It has flaws, that is for sure, but it is also a great example of how a "traditional" CRPG can be handled as an ARPG. And it once more proves that everyone who says "Inquisitor's combat isn't garbage, it is just oldschool" need to play more "oldschool" games :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I haven't completed the game, I probably haven't finished year one, mainly because I keep feeling like I screwed up my bases, I keep trying to hurry satellites up but the stacked prerequisites keep foxing me.

I'm still having fun mind you (difficulty classic (not ironman because I have occasional crashes).
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    wo wo...

Considering the game type and how its been bundled with a number of other titles (e.g. Bioshock Infinite), that's higher then I'd expect.

On the Backlog killing of the me: Warhammer 40k: SPHASE MAREEN! has finally been finally polished off. It only took a year to play through. Still love the fact the character has such weight to him, plus the light weight guns have the noise and fury of SUPERBIG guns in other games. I swear the Stalker bolter fires bricks. The last boss was stupid with the level of QTE stuff going on, the checkpoints sucked and Mr Bigdude main character kept getting stuck on small things in the scenery Despite that, would play again just for listening to big guns sounding BIG!

Network Hub
    So I think I'm going to just go ahead and give up on Knight of the Old Republic. It just feels like a chore having to get through it, and the prospect of another 20+ hours of it to get to the end doesn't interest me in the least. I only paid $2.50 or so for it during a sale, so I don't really feel like I have to "get my money worth" out of it, and since gaming is supposed to be enjoyable I think I'll just call this one a wash.

So, next on the backlog: AC Brotherhood. And trying to finish the plot of Fallout New Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Considering the game type and how its been bundled with a number of other titles (e.g. Bioshock Infinite), that's higher then I'd expect.

On the Backlog killing of the me: Warhammer 40k: SPHASE MAREEN! has finally been finally polished off. It only took a year to play through. Still love the fact the character has such weight to him, plus the light weight guns have the noise and fury of SUPERBIG guns in other games. I swear the Stalker bolter fires bricks. The last boss was stupid with the level of QTE stuff going on, the checkpoints sucked and Mr Bigdude main character kept getting stuck on small things in the scenery Despite that, would play again just for listening to big guns sounding BIG!
    I agree, the whole space marine shooting bricks and using a hammer the size of a car is done really well. It just feels heavy and powerfull, like you are a human tank shooting bricks flying and bashing orks and the forces of evil with your huge hammer. Glorious. Would have liked a defense mode or something like that. Too bad it doesn't have mod support, it would have been 10 times greater (being in a space hulk alone with a flamethrower against genestealers... bonerific).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    The only design decision that I think was a bad one (not necessarily the only one I didn't like) is that enemies spawn out of nowhere behind you.

DA:O was great for allowing ToEE-style battlefield control and spells. Once you have enemies spawning out of everywhere, your rear-line artillery are now frontline soldiers getting their asses stabbed.

And in the past few days of only having phone internet (and not even good phone internet at that), I've been playing Divine Divinity. It has flaws, that is for sure, but it is also a great example of how a "traditional" CRPG can be handled as an ARPG. And it once more proves that everyone who says "Inquisitor's combat isn't garbage, it is just oldschool" need to play more "oldschool" games :p
    The spawning was annoying but seeing as the whole game has that Enemy Threat system where things will charge past your front rank to get to the mages anyway, I never found it much of an issue.

Activated Node
    I've been playing with X3: Albion Prelude, which just arrived on Linux.

I couldn't figure out what I was doing for a while (the "tutorial" is, er... unforgiving) so I pulled up a Youtube getting started guide and followed it. Worked on some asteroid scanning and passenger transport missions to make my first 100,000 credits. The video then suggested trying the stock market. In the space of an hour I had 10,000,000 credits. That thing is so easy to game it's practically an exploit. I later realized you're not meant to sit there SETA'ing your way to riches.

I was still sitting in my starter ship, not knowing much about the game. I've trashed that save and started a new character on a combat story. Hopefully I can avoid inadvertently exploiting this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    I've been playing with X3: Albion Prelude, which just arrived on Linux.

I couldn't figure out what I was doing for a while (the "tutorial" is, er... unforgiving) so I pulled up a Youtube getting started guide and followed it. Worked on some asteroid scanning and passenger transport missions to make my first 100,000 credits. The video then suggested trying the stock market. In the space of an hour I had 10,000,000 credits. That thing is so easy to game it's practically an exploit. I later realized you're not meant to sit there SETA'ing your way to riches.

I was still sitting in my starter ship, not knowing much about the game. I've trashed that save and started a new character on a combat story. Hopefully I can avoid inadvertently exploiting this one.
    I always found the most entertaining way to play an X-game was to cap and sell ships for profit (I haven't gotten around to AP yet, but if the bail-rate is too low find a mod). It provides a nice influx of cash that you can use to set up a network of facilities and trading ships while letting you focus on playing the game, not just sitting in a corner with SETA. Has the potential to get too easy if your bail rate is too high (fiddle with it), but I had a nice setup for TC where enemies would bail from critical ships something like 30% of the time. During combat it is hard to not waste the ship once it goes critical, so that generally meant maybe one or two ships for every big fight.

Speaking of, I need to check if my laptop can run that. They added support for gamepads (which just means I don't need to spend twenty minutes configuring the controls) and I could definitely go for some. Leaning toward it being too system intensive though, and I still have Divinity 1 to finish (and possibly Divinity 2 to try again).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I always found the most entertaining way to play an X-game was to cap and sell ships for profit (I haven't gotten around to AP yet, but if the bail-rate is too low find a mod). It provides a nice influx of cash that you can use to set up a network of facilities and trading ships while letting you focus on playing the game, not just sitting in a corner with SETA. Has the potential to get too easy if your bail rate is too high (fiddle with it), but I had a nice setup for TC where enemies would bail from critical ships something like 30% of the time. During combat it is hard to not waste the ship once it goes critical, so that generally meant maybe one or two ships for every big fight.
    I just got lucky on a defense mission and made an attacking Discoverer Raider bail. Sold it for 65000 credits (my net worth was 1000) and treated my Buster to some engine tuning, a shiny scanner and a missile.

This is the addictive progression I'm after!

Killer online game out of Montreal right now, MechWarrior Online. Been out of Beta for a little while now, more updates coming out all the time. Highly customizable Mechs and the option to play for free, or pay for the "OP" mechs. You don't have to connect for steam and there's always one trial mech with an experience boost allowing you to get the points needed for your own mech quicker. If you've got an older computer, play a slower mech :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was playing Neverwinter but then it went horribly horribly wrong.

Expect the tale of how the economy exploded to be 'front page news' on the Internet tomorrow - meanwhile I need a new game I think :)

AC Brotherhood is fun as shit. The combat system is almost too smooth and the multiplayer is fantastic. There is nothing more satisfying then pulling off a complete incognito assassination of another player. I also really enjoyed how in the multiplayer you play Templar's that Ezio kills in the single player game.

Quote Originally Posted by InOrbit View Post
    multiplayer is fantastic. There is nothing more satisfying then pulling off a complete incognito assassination of another player.
    Absolutely, are you on steam? I'd love to further expand my brother player list. (add heliocentric)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Absolutely, are you on steam? I'd love to further expand my brother player list. (add heliocentric)
    Regrettably I play AC Brotherhood as part of my console days, so that means I play through the PSN network. I haven't connected to uPlay with it but I would guess thats where PC and Console come together to game?

Quote Originally Posted by InOrbit View Post
    Regrettably I play AC Brotherhood as part of my console days, so that means I play through the PSN network. I haven't connected to uPlay with it but I would guess thats where PC and Console come together to game?
    Despite the games suitability there is no cross platform support. So I guess I'll have to catch you on some hypothetical AssCreed sequel where there remove the real world cash store (the reason I stick to brotherhood mp over the newer games).

I think I'm almost done with Call of Pripyat. Screw everything about lab X8. Damn burers killed me so many times. At least I found a foolproof way to deal with them. Run at them and then shiv them with your knife. The only other thing that works is using the under-barrel grenade launcher but even that is difficult enough.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    The ways of software developers are truly incomprehensible. Firaxis Games manages quite decently to make a game as complex as XCOM: Enemy Unknown must certainly be, but opening the chat window in a multiplayer game wrecks the entire user interface. It seems they've given up on fixing this, too - as reports of this bug can be found on Steam's forums right from the month of release until today.

Anyway, the idea of playing with the aliens seems kinda interesting. I'll have to try again sometime soon.

Sorry to the guy who got stuck in a match with me until I figured out what was happening and had to kill the game via the Task Manager!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I think I might've nearly driven myself to madness, fighting the Eldar. Sabrage, I don't know how you manage to cope with them while playing as the Tau but goddammit, how many more fucking guardians and HBs they gonna sic on me? I managed to actually win after a few reloads but it took me a lot of drone/hound spamming combo with some warrior and artillery support to put them down. I thought my IG run was bad but this is nuts.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles