Page 75 of 1234 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677851251755751075 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 24661
    That's encouraging and great advice, thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I think it's safe to say that I've mastered The Binding of Isaac... I've gone 4 for 4 in my last 4 play attempts, one for each character. I keep finding new items and seeing new bosses, but I've decided to wait for the promised halloween update which is supposed to add more of both.

As a side note, I hate that The Womb is the most boring part of the game, as it has the biggest dungeons. Why the hell did they leave out the shops and gold rooms? Often I'll be running around with far more bombs, keys and coins than I can ever use, wishing for something to upgrade my character (which is why the game is fun!) The fact that each subsequent playthrough reveals a new ending is nice, though.

Mech Commander 2 which I recently discovered is free. What a great game - I'm completely hooked except for a few compatibility issues with Windows 7 which keep cropping up. Looking forward to seeing what the mod community has done with it. The game runs nicely on my netbook as well.

Network Hub
    I am still trying to complete Mirror's Edge. I finally made it throught one part in chapter six which was the most difficult part so far (I hate close combat in this game!).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    for mirrors edge, play on easy, the LMG guards need disarming really, but on everyone else open up with a flying kick and follow with punching and you can drop anyone without too much bother.

Network Hub
    To be honest, I completely forgot about kicking. Not sure if it'll help me but I'll give it a try. Now there are about 3 guys with weapons in this parking lot in docks and I can't get past them so I'll try to literally kick their asses/faces. Thanks for the advice!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Still feeling my way through an EU3 Chronicles game with Portugal. The improvements and changes to the game since last I played (under In Nomine) are fairly dramatic, so I'm still struggling with it a bit, but I'm impressed. I think I lean on old EU2 habits a bit too much, though. My latest military ventures haven't exactly met with wild success.

Also dabbling in the occasional skirmish in Rise of Nations (still brilliant) and Supreme Commander 2 (better than its reputation, worthless campaign aside), and the occasional game of Six Gun Saga (great, though I wish the combat amounted to a bit more).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Am I the only one that quite enjoyed the combat in Mirror's Edge? Probably. Fantastic game through and through.

I'm trying to play Max Payne, but the random crashes are really making that difficult. It's a hell of a lot of fun in the brief periods that it works, though. I'm impressed by how nice it looks (considering that it's a decade old) and how seamless the transitions between animations are. And, as ridiculous as it looks, Max Payne's face actually has a decent amount of detail. Has anyone else that got Max Payne off this weekend's sale been experiencing issues on XP?

(obigatory)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I decided, on a whim, to give Rainbow Six Vegas 2 another go today, but without the 360 controller. The controls are... terrible, still, but oddly they're much more manageable on the KB+M than I'd first thought.

Haven't got a clue what the plot is, the sound design is absolutely abysmal and even on easy it's quite a challenge, but I have just played it for about an hour and I've even enjoyed it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I enjoyed the "death from above"s that were possible at times when you could one hit kill by dropping off scaffolding and zip wires etc.

Flicking between the first STALKER and Sonic Unleashed. The former has been sitting in my Steamlist unplayed since late 2009 (whoops) so felt like finally giving it a try. Going back to the latter is because of the impending Generations and desire to play something Sonical, which has given me a nice excuse to replay through the game again after a PS3 HD failure wiped out my past save.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I decided, on a whim, to give Rainbow Six Vegas 2 another go today, but without the 360 controller. The controls are... terrible, still, but oddly they're much more manageable on the KB+M than I'd first thought.

Haven't got a clue what the plot is, the sound design is absolutely abysmal and even on easy it's quite a challenge, but I have just played it for about an hour and I've even enjoyed it.
    The plot is nonsense and kind of requires knowledge of the first Vegas game as they tie together. Is there an Easy level or is it just Normal and Realistic, I can't remember? I think Normal is the lowest because the game is meant to be tricky. Realistic is just a pain in the ass as some parts are poorly put together with this difficulty in mind.

What sort of problems do you have with the controls? The only extra functions this game has are Cover and Orders, the former I map to RMB (with Aim on MMB or a thumb-button) and Orders is something like Space isn't it? The key to change team tactics (Assault or Infiltrate) can be anything as you tend not to need this on the fly, and holding E or R for weapon/accessory/grenade type always felt easy enough. There are a lot of controls, but I never had a problem with mapping them easily.

For modern shooters I really like the Vegas games despite all their shortcomings. Far more fun than Modern Warfares and great to play in co-op.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Am I the only one that quite enjoyed the combat in Mirror's Edge? Probably. Fantastic game through and through.
    I wouldn't say I enjoyed the combat, but some of it was done well. Namely, the parts where there's a big space for you to move in and perhaps not too many guys. Really feel like you're running around causing chaos and untouchable. Now, what we need is to combine that movement with the gun-play of F.E.A.R. and utilising both of their slow-down mechanics to make a bloody awesome Matrix game. Alas, the idea is too good and thus, it cannot ever be. Regardless, in the sequel (because dammit, they'll make one (I hope)) I'd prefer not to have combat. I don't think it can be done well unless you also have guns, which I feel would severely reduce the impact of the 'Escape!' vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Going back to the latter is because of the impending Generations and desire to play something Sonical, which has given me a nice excuse to replay through the game again after a PS3 HD failure wiped out my past save.
    I've been tempted by Unleashed so many times, but I know that the Werehog section and hubs exist. I don't know if I can play it knowing that...

Anyhow, after a day of pathetic internet connections which made Space Marine's MP unplayable (sigh. Such a good game being wasted) and Dawn of War 2's Last Stand pretty tough to do (although last night I finally got my Farseer to level 20 and am now beginning on a Mekboy) I started Amnesia. Stopped after 95 minutes because...well, I felt like stopping it there. So far, no scares. It's intriguing and I'm doing my best to find everything. Undecided about the screen warping when you start losing your sanity. I don't know if I'm going to find that annoying or immersive as time goes on. I did, however, find the water section excellent. "I'll close this door. That'll be fi...oh, it's breaking through. Shit shit shit, move!" Not scared, or even shocked, but definitely excited and raced through the next section with a disregard for direction and simply picked whichever fork my cursor happened to be nearest.

Looking forward to carrying on and finishing it. Of course, looking around, game time seems to range anywhere from 4 to 12 hours, so we'll see how long this one takes me. Considering I only intend to play it at night in the dark, should take a week or so. Coincidentally, the last game I played in the dark to aid the immersion was Alan Wake. I eventually gave up with the dark as I just wanted to finish it. Hopefully Amnesia doesn't befall the same fate. I want games to create their own atmosphere, not have me create a false setting for it to try and use (although it does recommend how to play the game at the beginning, so this may be a justified use).