Page 754 of 1181 FirstFirst ... 254654704744752753754755756764804854 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,080 of 23613
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    well... just bought and installed SS2. Decided to go as technician after doing training. installed only better graphics mods (and ss2tools) nothing which would change the game.

Played it once. 2 hours or so? Quiet enjoyed it I think. Don't much remember it for some reason.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    well... just bought and installed SS2. Decided to go as technician after doing training. installed only better graphics mods (and ss2tools) nothing which would change the game.

Played it once. 2 hours or so? Quiet enjoyed it I think. Don't much remember it for some reason.
    EDIT: Reading comprehension fail.
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 24-05-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Another set of patch notes for Sanctum 2 that will probably make Vinraith happy.

Resources no longer drop by the core, players recieve resources directly now.
    Towers are more powerful now; upgrade bonuses at new level thresholds are significantly higher.
    Players can now share their resources with other players by injecting their resources into other players, similar to when you upgrade towers. Do this by aiming at another player and hold LMB (tower resources) or RMB (tower bases).
    Resources required to upgrade a tower is now displayed in the upgrade bar.
    Swarm enemies (Runners, Pups, Snorkers) will come in much larger groups now instead of one at a time to differentiate them more from other enemies and make AoE better against them. Let the gibs and intestines fly!
    Personally, I'm quite enjoying what I've played so far, but I'm coming to the idea that what I really, really want from Coffee Stain Studios is a Mirror's Edge-like game in the Sanctum universe.
    If there's one thing I love about the Sanctum games is the setting and the art direction. Absolutely breathtaking sights in Sanctum 2, and a freerunning kind of game where I could explore it all would be a-freaking-mazing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Rocket-jump Mirror's Edge plz.

Made by Platinum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Another set of patch notes for Sanctum 2 that will probably make Vinraith happy.
    Yup, they're listening to the community and gradually walking it back towards Sanctum 1, which is nice to see. I'm also glad Coffee Stain has decided not to have an ego about this, it further raises my opinion of them.

It's worth noting that, having gotten to the end, the game does steadily get better as it goes, and culminates in a final level genuinely worthy of the original game. It's just unfortunate that the pinnacle of the sequel should only be equal to the original, and that the nadir should be right at the beginning of the game and so very far below the original.

Personally, I'm quite enjoying what I've played so far, but I'm coming to the idea that what I really, really want from Coffee Stain Studios is a Mirror's Edge-like game in the Sanctum universe.
    If there's one thing I love about the Sanctum games is the setting and the art direction. Absolutely breathtaking sights in Sanctum 2, and a freerunning kind of game where I could explore it all would be a-freaking-mazing.
    The art design and easter eggs are a treat in both games, that's for sure. I detested Mirror's Edge, but I'd certainly be up for a game that allowed me to explore this universe a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I have made some headway in Lego Batman: Direct Current Super Heroes with my kids, ridiculously the mid mission save feature flat out doesn't work on the pc version of the game meaning this casual game need a whole hour or more of play between real checkpoints, this isn't true during the lovely open world bits where checkpoints are often fractions of a minute apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I detested Mirror's Edge
    Don't worry about it, nobody is perfect.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Don't worry about it, nobody is perfect.
    You know, anticipating a reaction like that I started thinking about just exactly why I didn't enjoy it. Setting aside the parts of the design that everyone agrees are broken (the gun fights, for example) it occurs to me that there's a common thread to many of the widely loved games I dislike: timing. I really hate games whose core gameplay revolves around striking a key or combination of keys at a very precise moment. It's not really any wonder I'm mostly a strategy and RPG guy, I suppose.

Now playing Into the Dark.

If you can look past some technical hickups and if you have enough background knowledge to get most of the jokes, itīs simply the most offensive, trashy, funny, scary and awesome game ever. However, Iīm kinda stuck in Level 6 right now as I didn īt find the solution for the adventure quest, and I donīt want to finish it shooter-styled.

I really hate games whose core gameplay revolves around striking a key or combination of keys at a very precise moment. It's not really any wonder I'm mostly a strategy and RPG guy, I suppose.
    Play on easy, jump kick people in the face, job done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That still doesn't remove the need for timing your jumps if you want to move through the buildings/rooftops at an acceptable pace, and for better or worse, that's when the game truly shines and manages to immerse you in it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Drifting also gives you a boost. The longer you're drifting, the bigger the boost.
    Pretty much mandatory in a game like this to take all curves drifting.
    Is this really true? So far I've always waited until the lights got red, and then released to get the boost. I didn't notice that it got larger the longer I waited. Everything else said on this page stands, drift and flip as often as possible and you're good.

The good news is that I just broke the 2 million simbucks record in my city vault and gonna break it again in three. The bad news is land value is going to shit abd I don't know why. If it's about funding for the stuff I've been cutting I'm gonna have to zone more but I just don't understand what affects land value aside from basic civil infrastructure
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    But then what's the point? I tend to play games for challenge, since it's an extremely rare game that manages to present a story that actually catches my interest. If the only challenge to be had is twitch timing, then there's no satisfaction in turning it off and nothing but frustration in turning it on. In short: why bother?

Just remember that there are some parts of the game that combat isn't even necessary and you could skip it entirely by running away. 'Fighting' Ropeburn sucks, still.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    SS2 is really scary. random sounds, fucking monkeys everywhere. really keeps one on edge all the time.
    also stepped on some worm goo and got poisoned. it was very unpleasant.

But then what's the point?
    I enjoyed mirror's edge for the navigational puzzles, and the sense of transformation. Early on you view the world like any fps, but when you start to see the full scope of motion available instinctively.

Now go to your local shop try to get there without spotting at least 2 vault points.

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Is this really true? So far I've always waited until the lights got red, and then released to get the boost. I didn't notice that it got larger the longer I waited. Everything else said on this page stands, drift and flip as often as possible and you're good.
    Red lights are boost level one. There are three levels of boost. ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Red lights are boost level one. There are three levels of boost. ^^
    Confirmed. I kick ass now! Some.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Going to try out Football Manager 13,hope i like it. Also Sleeping Dogs,fun combat system,awful driving mechanics.

Can anyone recommend me a good top-down shooter like alien-swarm but for SP? I got an itch that needs scratching.