Page 755 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756757765805855 ... LastLast
Results 15,081 to 15,100 of 23621
    Shadowgrounds? It's not amazing but certainly entertaining enough for a couple of hours of fun.

A top-down shooter in a WH 40K universe on a Space Hulk or something similar sounds so good...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm playing Elemental Colon Fallen Enchantress Colon Legendary Heroes.

I think it's rather good. The mechanics seem to have been subtly improved.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Network Hub
    I'm having a great session of FM2011 (the last one i could play), with OpenXcom on the side and an ongoing hot seat game with a buddy of CivIV+Dune Wars mod. I'm mostly waiting on the first round of big Kickstarters to come through (SC, Elite, Limit Theory etc).

I don't think I've had this much fun in a singleplayer campaign in an RTS for a long time. DoWII: Retribution is just as good as it gets and honestly, has a much better singleplayer campaign than Dark Crusade itself in my opinion. Rolled the Impy Goo again but this time, I found myself surprised that they don't drop like tiny pathetic flies like they did in the first game. The vehicles here just feels good to use here. God, it packs a huge punch. Castor's a huge dick, yes, but he's an classy one who's a good shot unlike his predecessors.
    Last edited by Voon; 25-05-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Red lights are boost level one. There are three levels of boost. ^^
    Shiiiiii... Playing Sonic racing transformed :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Single player: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Immensely satisfying, fun game to play. The narration and voice acting, gun play, graphics, the sound track...though I am only two hours in this game pretty much nails everything it attempts to do. I have already encountered some of the manners in which narrative effects game play, and the way in which it mocks modern FPS games, and it does both things well. Highly recommended.

In the MMO sector I am back to Firefall Beta. Though recent updates have turned the crafting system into what I can only describe as a convoluted nightmare - its useable but not friendly - the game itself is improving. Enemies are smarter and more dangerous; there are more missions; the graphics and game play have improved.

But what keeps me coming back to Firefall are two factors: 1. I don't know what I will do in the game from one day to the next. One day its missions and fighting waves of Chosen (the game's enemy faction) as they invade and take over territory. The next day its thumping (mining resources while defending your "thumper" from enemies) and exploring. 2. The ambiance of the open world. The graphics, sounds and lighting are amazing. Its spring here, and I often cannot tell the sounds outside my window from the sounds in the game's forested areas; that's a literal truth. They have really done a fine job so far with the world and the somewhat emergent game play keeps things more varied than any skinner box inspired grind could ever manage.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Just finished Metro Last Light, really fun game. Was googling and found out two interesting things, first: There's an alternate ending, and 2nd, you can turn on "ranger mode" with a one line edit in a config file. So much for 5 dollar DLC.

I plan on eventually doing a second play through with it turned on and trying to get the "good ending" as well as some of the diary entries I missed.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Retribution was short. I mean, I've just started the game yesterday on normal and I pretty much plowed through it today. It could've been bigger but oh well
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Metro Last Light

I turned it off after I couldn't kill the Alyx Vance clone.

Why? Why? Why can't I shoot her? Why can't I end this nightmare?

Why is ther always an Alyx Vance to ruin my postapocalipctic experience?

Just leave me alone. craaawwwwwling in my skiiiiiiin
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 26-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

I finished The Darkness 2 which was a decent corridor shooter, if a little on the short side.

The 'quad wielding' with two guns and two tentacles makes combat very unique. The light/dark mechanic is interesting too; losing your darkness powers mid-combat is often a death sentence, so it forces you to prioritise flashlight-wielding enemies instead of the ones actually shooting at you.

The execution animations are a bit brutal though, I could see that putting some people off. The designers must have had fun coming up with the more 'creative' ones.

The game's story was ok too.

Also finished Episode 1 of The Walking Dead. Decent so far, although I'm wondering if some of the choices you make actually have any deeper impact further on in the story, or if they are contained within the episode. I guess I'll find out.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Just finished Far Cry 3 - it would be my perfect game if they could have found some way to resolve "boss battles" aside from some lame QTE's and turn off the constant reminders to the main storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Just finished Far Cry 3 - it would be my perfect game if they could have found some way to resolve "boss battles" aside from some lame QTE's and turn off the constant reminders to the main storyline.
    You can turn off quest reminders in the options menu (added in one of the patches).

Network Hub
    The QTE's really pissed me off. I was honestly looking forward to taking down those villains, and to have it just happen in a bizarre neon-lit cutscene robbed those scenes of all their impact. Also, the second boss (I won't say who it was because, y'know, spoilers) made absolutely no sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    In my opinion Far Cry 3 absolutely sucked if you were doing any of the missions except maybe the assassination ones. I played through it anyway to get to the second island and to be able to reset the outposts, I just wish there was a way to reset skill points and weapon unlocks without starting a new game, running around with the 6P9 and bow with barely any skills unlocked was really fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Resident Evil Revalations, Dust An Elysian Tail and DOTA2 are what keeps me busy the last couple of days.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The AssBro multiplayer RPS group have been stabbing my in the back of my head lately, funny how tense you get and yet how utterly tranquil letting go of the controls while your guy mingles into a walking group.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Mark of the ninja is much better than I expected, although I do find it more fun to play in a semi-lethal way than in a non-lethal way. Some kill moves are very satisfying, while trying to avoid killing can be quite a headache sometimes.

Got back into Icewind Dale 2. Every time I get bored, I just switch my party around, create a couple new characters and I'm right back in.

Darksiders is nearly over (I think). It's a great game. I love the puzzles, not really difficult but you have to use your brain a bit. It's been a while since I played a game which had both good puzzles, plateforming and combat. I think I like it more than Batman: AC.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless