Page 756 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 2566567067467547557567577587668068561256 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,120 of 25146
  1. #15101
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Been playing Defiance on and off for the last week or so. Enjoying it despite its many annoyances.

  2. #15102
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    87
    I've finally got around to Dark Souls and I've just sunk about 60 hours in there.

    Demon's Souls is the only PS3 game I ever bothered platinumming and this is hitting the same spot.

    I always played DS1 disconnected so being online in this is opening up whole new aspects. Banging your head against one boss and then overcoming it with the help of a phantom is grand.

    I realise I'm very late to this particular party...

  3. #15103
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    2,004
    Is it me or Lord Bernn and Ronahn are just the same person in different outfits?

    This game is just making me wish that the Dark Eldar should be in this after playing as Eldar a bit. They fit in so perfectly
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

    Watch me fail as Nobunaga

  4. #15104
    So i played Skyrim a bit after it was released, but after 30 hours i got bored because my character had all the best weapons (i used smithing and it pretty much broke the game). In comparison i played Oblivion a lot more especially because the quest are so much more interesting than Skyrim's, but the level system is much more annoying.
    F:NV i got on a sale before the goty, but i hit a bug with Caesar's legion and they attacked me on site even if i had the amulet, got frustrated and quit it.
    Never played system shock 2, but i looked at some videos and i think that moded i'll really like it.
    So considering these i don't know what to choose to play between them. I have a craving for either an open-world RPG or being locked on a space-ship with an evil AI.
    Any suggestions?

  5. #15105
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    552
    Gah. It seems that Bioware put the same limit on savegames in Mass Effect 3 as they did in ME2. I'm used to games having 3 save slots, maybe 5. Why restrict it to an arbitrary BS number like 50?

    It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. The whole savegame folder isn't even 3 MB in size, I'm sure even the console-boxes can handle that? To make it even more irritating, ME1 did have unlimited save slots ...

  6. #15106
    Network Hub alset85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    404
    Well ME1 had a really good port made by Demiurge. Afterwards Bioware thought they could do their job better and we ended up with 5 functions bound to the same button.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

  7. #15107
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    F:NV i got on a sale before the goty, but i hit a bug with Caesar's legion and they attacked me on site even if i had the amulet, got frustrated and quit it.
    What amulet is that? What's your rating with them? They might just hate you.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  8. #15108
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    What amulet is that? What's your rating with them? They might just hate you.
    Their NV agent gives you something (an amulet?) at a certain point, forgiving any transgressions.

  9. #15109
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,384
    Receiving Ceaser's Mark (that item we're talking about) resets your reputation with the legion the one time you get it and should give you safe passage in very select areas, but it is not a license to kill.

  10. #15110
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Receiving Ceaser's Mark (that item we're talking about) resets your reputation with the legion the one time you get it and should give you safe passage in very select areas, but it is not a license to kill.
    Well that's the problem, i didn't kill any legion member after i got it and they still attacked me, so i couldn't complete the main quest without killing everyone, got annoyed and stopped playing.

  11. #15111
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    So i played Skyrim a bit after it was released, but after 30 hours i got bored because my character had all the best weapons (i used smithing and it pretty much broke the game). In comparison i played Oblivion a lot more especially because the quest are so much more interesting than Skyrim's, but the level system is much more annoying.
    F:NV i got on a sale before the goty, but i hit a bug with Caesar's legion and they attacked me on site even if i had the amulet, got frustrated and quit it.
    Never played system shock 2, but i looked at some videos and i think that moded i'll really like it.
    So considering these i don't know what to choose to play between them. I have a craving for either an open-world RPG or being locked on a space-ship with an evil AI.
    Any suggestions?
    I would mod NV up a bit to look more presentable if you haven't already and then just go for that again. I've clocked over 200 hours on it, haven't completed it once, restarted it over about 8 times, seen new things every single time, and it's never been less than enthralling.

  12. #15112
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Well that's the problem, i didn't kill any legion member after i got it and they still attacked me, so i couldn't complete the main quest without killing everyone, got annoyed and stopped playing.
    You could complete the game with another faction? Seeing as how you're apparently hated by the Legion, I assume your original plan wasn't to go with them anyway? There are four different scenarios available. If the Legion isn't possible, pick another one.

  13. #15113
    Well there is a part where you have to get to a bunker near Caesar which is in the middle of their fortress. I think that every faction needs you to get there at one time and that bug made it impossible for me to advance.
    Also i didn't hate legion, it's just that i always saw them attacking random people and i didn't feel like letting them die.

  14. #15114
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,429
    Nah even if they hate you, you can get by. I went into their camp on my first play through, saw the slaves and murdered all of the Legion.

    If you're not up to fighting your way through, you can sneak, use stealth boys or actually just run all the way to the back of the base where the bunker is.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  15. #15115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Nah even if they hate you, you can get by. I went into their camp on my first play through, saw the slaves and murdered all of the Legion.

    If you're not up to fighting your way through, you can sneak, use stealth boys or actually just run all the way to the back of the base where the bunker is.
    Well i tried to kill them all once but it was annoying, i don't really like killing for no reason even if it is only a game (don't know why i feel guilty doing it...). Also my sneak was low so i didn't know if i could use stealth boys properly and didn't know that you could run to the back of the base, wasn't the only way to the bunker to go thorugh caesar's place (i mean the round thing) where all the high-level enemies are?

  16. #15116
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Gah. It seems that Bioware put the same limit on savegames in Mass Effect 3 as they did in ME2. I'm used to games having 3 save slots, maybe 5. Why restrict it to an arbitrary BS number like 50?

    It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. The whole savegame folder isn't even 3 MB in size, I'm sure even the console-boxes can handle that? To make it even more irritating, ME1 did have unlimited save slots ...
    This might interest you:

    http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...-50-save-limit
    steam: sketch

  17. #15117
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Thanks!

    But to be honest, that seems to be much more of a hassle than my workaround: I just made a copy of the savegame folder and deleted everything except the auto- and quicksave files in the original folder and continued from there.

    I'm not complaining because the limitation is such an inconvenience, it's just that it feels so absurd and arbitrary.

  18. #15118
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,342
    Aaarrrggghhhhh, I was having such a good run in FTL with the Stormwalker. I had more crew, weapons and drones than I could possibly use, boarding ships and killing the crew was easy-peasy, and then in the last node before the exit to the last sector, an ion storm hits and I get torn apart by an auto-assault ship. I have the most horrible luck.

    On a whim I also reinstalled BIT.TRIP Beat, which I never managed to complete. The weird thing is that while my mouse is perfectly comfortable and accurate in every other game I've played, in this one it quickly starts to feel like trying to control an actual live mouse with a gigantic, claw-like appendage.

  19. #15119
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    Beat Divine Divinity.

    Oh god damn it did I hate Josephine.

    Debating what I want to play next. Either the latest X3 (since it works on my laptop AND has gamepad support now), Divinity 2 (the reason I finally got around to playing Divinity 1 :p), or doing the AC3 DLC finally (yay, I get to shank George Washington).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  20. #15120
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,809
    Have ended up playing yet another game of Sword of the Stars 1 with a friend. 500+ hours and it's still entertaining and I'm still finding new things, it really is one of the best strategy games ever. At the same time, it's kind of a shame nothing's come down the pipe to draw our attention away from it, at least nothing MP-capable. In principle SotS2 should have done that, I suppose, but I'm starting to fear that my issues with that game might be beyond the reach of patching. We'll see, though. SotS1 was pretty weak for the first couple of years of its existence, after all.

    Speaking of which, I've been spending what SP time I can pull together learning the ropes in Distant Worlds, with the latest expansion. It's quite remarkable, actually and conveys a sense of scale and activity totally unmatched by any other space game I've ever seen. I've barely scratched the surface, but I'm really enjoying it.

    I've put Sanctum 2 away for the time being. It still has some... issues, but I'm confident that given some time Coffee Stain will bring it up to spec as they've already done wonders for it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •