Page 756 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806856 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,120 of 22694
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Ever been a pushy woman in the heart of Arabia?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Finished Blood Dragon's campaign last night. The last two levels are absolutely magnificent. It is one of the most fun games I've played in all my life, without question. I say again-for what it's trying to do, it's as perfect a 12 hours or so as possible, stone cold 10/10, and I recommend it to anyone who doesn't take themselves too seriously and who has a love for pulp culture.
    I sense that there has maybe been some reticence for gamers who do like that sort of thing to openly admit they enjoyed Blood Dragon because it’s from a mainstream publisher, rather than an indie/quirky one, but it really is as big and clever as it thinks it is, and has a charisma and identity about it that most AAA games are totally devoid of. For all it's nostalgic references it's a good bit more original than most things coming from the main Publishing stables and Kick Starter as well. I thoroughly hope for much more of this sort of thing.

Call of Juarez: Guinslinger next, I'm hoping for more of the same.
    Last edited by sonson; 27-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Obscure Node
    Been playing Defiance on and off for the last week or so. Enjoying it despite its many annoyances.

Activated Node
    I've finally got around to Dark Souls and I've just sunk about 60 hours in there.

Demon's Souls is the only PS3 game I ever bothered platinumming and this is hitting the same spot.

I always played DS1 disconnected so being online in this is opening up whole new aspects. Banging your head against one boss and then overcoming it with the help of a phantom is grand.

I realise I'm very late to this particular party...

Is it me or Lord Bernn and Ronahn are just the same person in different outfits?

This game is just making me wish that the Dark Eldar should be in this after playing as Eldar a bit. They fit in so perfectly
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

So i played Skyrim a bit after it was released, but after 30 hours i got bored because my character had all the best weapons (i used smithing and it pretty much broke the game). In comparison i played Oblivion a lot more especially because the quest are so much more interesting than Skyrim's, but the level system is much more annoying.
    F:NV i got on a sale before the goty, but i hit a bug with Caesar's legion and they attacked me on site even if i had the amulet, got frustrated and quit it.
    Never played system shock 2, but i looked at some videos and i think that moded i'll really like it.
    So considering these i don't know what to choose to play between them. I have a craving for either an open-world RPG or being locked on a space-ship with an evil AI.
    Any suggestions?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Gah. It seems that Bioware put the same limit on savegames in Mass Effect 3 as they did in ME2. I'm used to games having 3 save slots, maybe 5. Why restrict it to an arbitrary BS number like 50?

It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. The whole savegame folder isn't even 3 MB in size, I'm sure even the console-boxes can handle that? To make it even more irritating, ME1 did have unlimited save slots ...

Well ME1 had a really good port made by Demiurge. Afterwards Bioware thought they could do their job better and we ended up with 5 functions bound to the same button.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    F:NV i got on a sale before the goty, but i hit a bug with Caesar's legion and they attacked me on site even if i had the amulet, got frustrated and quit it.
    What amulet is that? What's your rating with them? They might just hate you.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    What amulet is that? What's your rating with them? They might just hate you.
    Their NV agent gives you something (an amulet?) at a certain point, forgiving any transgressions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Receiving Ceaser's Mark (that item we're talking about) resets your reputation with the legion the one time you get it and should give you safe passage in very select areas, but it is not a license to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Receiving Ceaser's Mark (that item we're talking about) resets your reputation with the legion the one time you get it and should give you safe passage in very select areas, but it is not a license to kill.
    Well that's the problem, i didn't kill any legion member after i got it and they still attacked me, so i couldn't complete the main quest without killing everyone, got annoyed and stopped playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    So i played Skyrim a bit after it was released, but after 30 hours i got bored because my character had all the best weapons (i used smithing and it pretty much broke the game). In comparison i played Oblivion a lot more especially because the quest are so much more interesting than Skyrim's, but the level system is much more annoying.
    Never played system shock 2, but i looked at some videos and i think that moded i'll really like it.
    So considering these i don't know what to choose to play between them. I have a craving for either an open-world RPG or being locked on a space-ship with an evil AI.
    Any suggestions?
    I would mod NV up a bit to look more presentable if you haven't already and then just go for that again. I've clocked over 200 hours on it, haven't completed it once, restarted it over about 8 times, seen new things every single time, and it's never been less than enthralling.

Well that's the problem, i didn't kill any legion member after i got it and they still attacked me, so i couldn't complete the main quest without killing everyone, got annoyed and stopped playing.
    You could complete the game with another faction? Seeing as how you're apparently hated by the Legion, I assume your original plan wasn't to go with them anyway? There are four different scenarios available. If the Legion isn't possible, pick another one.

Well there is a part where you have to get to a bunker near Caesar which is in the middle of their fortress. I think that every faction needs you to get there at one time and that bug made it impossible for me to advance.
    Also i didn't hate legion, it's just that i always saw them attacking random people and i didn't feel like letting them die.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Nah even if they hate you, you can get by. I went into their camp on my first play through, saw the slaves and murdered all of the Legion.

If you're not up to fighting your way through, you can sneak, use stealth boys or actually just run all the way to the back of the base where the bunker is.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Nah even if they hate you, you can get by. I went into their camp on my first play through, saw the slaves and murdered all of the Legion.

If you're not up to fighting your way through, you can sneak, use stealth boys or actually just run all the way to the back of the base where the bunker is.
    Well i tried to kill them all once but it was annoying, i don't really like killing for no reason even if it is only a game (don't know why i feel guilty doing it...). Also my sneak was low so i didn't know if i could use stealth boys properly and didn't know that you could run to the back of the base, wasn't the only way to the bunker to go thorugh caesar's place (i mean the round thing) where all the high-level enemies are?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Gah. It seems that Bioware put the same limit on savegames in Mass Effect 3 as they did in ME2. I'm used to games having 3 save slots, maybe 5. Why restrict it to an arbitrary BS number like 50?

It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. The whole savegame folder isn't even 3 MB in size, I'm sure even the console-boxes can handle that? To make it even more irritating, ME1 did have unlimited save slots ...
    This might interest you:

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...-50-save-limit
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Thanks!

But to be honest, that seems to be much more of a hassle than my workaround: I just made a copy of the savegame folder and deleted everything except the auto- and quicksave files in the original folder and continued from there.

I'm not complaining because the limitation is such an inconvenience, it's just that it feels so absurd and arbitrary.

Aaarrrggghhhhh, I was having such a good run in FTL with the Stormwalker. I had more crew, weapons and drones than I could possibly use, boarding ships and killing the crew was easy-peasy, and then in the last node before the exit to the last sector, an ion storm hits and I get torn apart by an auto-assault ship. I have the most horrible luck.

On a whim I also reinstalled BIT.TRIP Beat, which I never managed to complete. The weird thing is that while my mouse is perfectly comfortable and accurate in every other game I've played, in this one it quickly starts to feel like trying to control an actual live mouse with a gigantic, claw-like appendage.