Page 757 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 257657707747755756757758759767807857 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,140 of 25136
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I started X3: Albion Prelude the other night and tonight I made some progress with it, lots of progress. I had no idea I'd been playing it for that long... Oh god, not another one of those games. It's really fun though, even though all I've been doing so far is trading energy cells, ore, computer parts and microchips. Two Mercurys, two Discoverers and three advanced satellites. My empire is expanding at an alarming rate.

I also tried Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends just now, instantly looked up an 'unlock everything' mod and had fun with the F40 Competizione on the Nordschleife. The 330 P4 is awesome but the sound kills it; if you're not on the gas the engine is almost completely silent, it's unnerving.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I also tried Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends just now, instantly looked up an 'unlock everything' mod and had fun with the F40 Competizione on the Nordschleife. The 330 P4 is awesome but the sound kills it; if you're not on the gas the engine is almost completely silent, it's unnerving.
    Other than the sound, is it a good game then? I was interested but I heard the career mode was quite dumb, so if there's an unlock everything...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I finished Metro: Last Light. 4A master the art of FPS scripting as well as Treyarch or Valve. The stealth - and certain other sections - remind me of Riddick. Some of the surface levels are Stalker-tier in terms of atmosphere. It's a great game and shits all over Infinite. Season pass bought.

Now I started Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, which is excellent fun. I only played two levels and there's no Techland Jank™ in sight. It's rock-solid and absolutely stunning to look at. The narration is very entertaining, especially when it takes over the game.

My current Mass Effect 1 playthrough plods along at the moment. I finished all the side quests I could find - including some I apparently missed the first time - and even completed all the collecting missions this time. I am prepared to tackle Virmire now, where my FemShep is destined to lose her first love interest to turn her into a broken hero. I am a horrible person.

Reinstalled Red Faction Gorilla yesterday, and much to my surprise it runs much smoother in fullscreen than on my old PC. The story isn't new to me (already finished it on the Box Of X) but a bit of mindless, mostly physically correct carnage never grows old.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Finished Darksiders last night... I was way to strong against the last boss with both a Max level Sword, tons of life and lifestealing capabilites with the Abbysal armor. Oh well it was fun anyway.

For my next game I am hesitating between, Orc must die 2, Iron Brigade, Trine 2 and Mark of the Ninja.

I think I'll play Iron Brigade first, it seems a lesser game than OMD 2, and if i play the other way around I could end up enjoying it less.

Since I finished Persona 4, I continued my playtrough of Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus (what a name...)on the Vita... I am stuck with no potion in front of the helicopter boss in chapter 11. I must play the perfect fight or drop the difficulty level (and my ego doesn't allow me to do it...) The problem is that I can't manage to dodge all the rockets... It's incredibly frustrating !

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    For my next game I am hesitating between, Orc must die 2, Iron Brigade, Trine 2 and Mark of the Ninja.

I think I'll play Iron Brigade first, it seems a lesser game than OMD 2, and if i play the other way around I could end up enjoying it less.
    Yeah, that's a fair verdict. But I'd like to make a suggestion, stick to the engineer chassis like glue. You need to be patient as it's a terrible tower defence game until you get sniper cannons. But once you get them you can start to think more about strategy. The sniper cannons on the actual walker are essential to not pull out your hair because you are 4 feet of range and thus cannot shoot anyone. That's not to say other weapons like shotguns, machine guns and artillery don't have a place.

Erm... Oh, you won't want to use a engineer chassis on some missions but you'll quickly recognise them.

Once you finish the main campaign you'll need to play coop or give up on the dlc.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That new call of juarez game.

I haven't heard anybody talk about it (probably because I wasn't paying attention) BUT there's some really annoying black bar problems that are obnoxious as fuck and don't seem to go away. It's like playing the game in cutscene mode, and it constantly feels like the top and bottom of your vision is cut off. Really annoying. Also, there's no in-game anti-aliasing options and the game NEEDS it so forcing it on is gonna take a little more pokery than should be required.

Beyond that? Fun times. But come on.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I've seen TB's WTF video of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and I think the black bars might actually be a deliberate design decision. I could imagine that Techland tried to recreate the look of many Italian Westerns which were filmed on Techniscope and had a very wide aspect ratio.

Just installed The Old Gods expansion for Crusader Kings 2. Actually, since I haven't played since Sword of Islam, I finally get to play with all the new stuff (Byzantium, republics, Aztecs, pagans). I foresee much confusion and amusement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Just installed The Old Gods expansion for Crusader Kings 2. Actually, since I haven't played since Sword of Islam, I finally get to play with all the new stuff (Byzantium, republics, Aztecs, pagans). I foresee much confusion and amusement.
    That's out now? That's bad news. CK2 has a proven negative effect on my exam preparations. But I can't see myself not at least taking it for a spin. Just for a little while. It can't hurt. Can it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah, Crusader Kings 2 is something I've only skimmed the surface of, and part of the reason is I've been waiting for all the scheduled expansions for the most detailed experience. Where should I start, CK2 fans? I want an interesting location, without too many vassals to keep track of from the off. I was considering a Spanish duchy.

As I said I haven't played with the newest stuff yet, but starting location depends on what you want to experience. In my longest game I started as a Portuguese count which mostly meant dealing with the Sunnis, and then murdering a lot of proto-Spanish lords. So while Iberia is a fun place to start, you probably wouldn't see much related to the Byzantine and Pagan expansions, and likely just a little of the Republic one (although I assume that the Aztecs would be likely to land there).

In my case, since I want to see the new stuff, I'm considering starting small somewhere in current Hungary or Poland, which should get me enough pagan-Byzantine action depending on where I'm able to expand towards, and maybe I'll get to mess with Venice as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I know a lot of the features introduced in each expansion carry through to the vanilla version- is that also true of the Aztecs? I thought that one was only if you had that specific one.

Oh, yeah, I think the Aztecs only happen if you enable that particular DLC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am doing ze lootings and ze pillagings in Crusader Kings 2.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Ah, Crusader Kings 2 is something I've only skimmed the surface of, and part of the reason is I've been waiting for all the scheduled expansions for the most detailed experience. Where should I start, CK2 fans? I want an interesting location, without too many vassals to keep track of from the off. I was considering a Spanish duchy.
    If you haven't played the game before, I'd advise against starting in Spain. The christian presence there is weak and fractured and tends to be steamrolled by the Muslims, after which a combination of other christian nations do the whole reconquista thingy. This may have been altered a bit, since my most recent playthroughs often left a few of the christian kingdoms standing.

The most common advise for newcomers is Ireland. Small scale, no overly powerful and ambitious neighbors, etc. But really, anywhere not on the religious borders is fine IMO. Start as a count, to minimize complexity.

Finally playing Hegemony - Wars of Ancient Greece, which I must have bought around Christmas, and it's really engrossing. I love how there isn't enough time or labour available to do everything you want, even at the lowest possible difficulty. Also, I just won my first halfway-serious battle, but then everyone died / went to nurse their wounds, so it seems like I'm still missing a lot of subtlety.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    If you haven't played the game before, I'd advise against starting in Spain. The christian presence there is weak and fractured and tends to be steamrolled by the Muslims, after which a combination of other christian nations do the whole reconquista thingy. This may have been altered a bit, since my most recent playthroughs often left a few of the christian kingdoms standing.

The most common advise for newcomers is Ireland. Small scale, no overly powerful and ambitious neighbors, etc. But really, anywhere not on the religious borders is fine IMO. Start as a count, to minimize complexity.
    I totally understand and endorse this sort of response, and most of me wants none of it. The idea of being on a chaotic and fragile border between hostile forces is what attracts me to Spain in the first place. If I eventually get steamrolled by masses of marauding Moors then I'll have learned something and had a bit of action in the process. I'm sure Ireland lets you learn the game at your own pace, setting your own goals and getting on with things. That's precisely what I don't want. I want the pettiness of my plans laid bare, forced to cling to existence as the whole world shifts around me. If I survive what can be forged from the ruins?

That sort of thing. Drama. Videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post

My experience is quite opposite. I always start in that area, specially Aragon. And my brothers and cousins always start conquering those sunnis that I have no choice but to grab a land or two so that I wont be left behind. Granted I mostly play with a mod (The prince and the Thane or CK2+).

Anyway, whats the verdict for the Old gods? should I get it immediately or I wont miss much if I wait for the summer sale?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Aztecs only happen if you enable that
    Bumper sticker.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/