Page 758 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 258658708748756757758759760768808858 ... LastLast
Results 15,141 to 15,160 of 24220
    Was intending to a run through of the Mass Effects. Just finished ME2 and took a look at the DLC for ME3. Damn some of those are expensive! Do they ever go on sale at all? I think I'll wait and see as currently it'll cost 24 for the ones I want. That's about what I paid for the actual game.

So in the meantime I'll be playing Call of Juarez and Blood Dragon. Can't decide which to play first though.

I think Relic finally nailed it when I played as Eldar. At least, in the SP sense. Warp Spiders are probably my most favourite units only second to Catachans. Perfect hit-and-run units that are just exactly that: jump in, shoot webs for a few second, jump out before they're all dead, bring in the banshees to deal with the leftovers. They're much more fragile than their predecessor, sure but that's what makes them HAR units, right?

My only gripe in this game here is that the AI are like a step-down compared to the first game. After I finished killing a squad of troops, they just stand around and get shot at rather than respond to that threat? Melee units don't melee until I issued an order for them to engage? Oh come on, Relic.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Warp Spiders are just glorious in multi, used right. They have shockingly high burst against infantry armour, and a well timed haywire grenade can allow anti-vehicle (including Banshees with an Exarch) a goodly amount of time to do their work.

The only thing my Orks hated more than a unit of Warp Spiders was two units of Warp Spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Warp Spiders are just glorious in multi, used right. They have shockingly high burst against infantry armour, and a well timed haywire grenade can allow anti-vehicle (including Banshees with an Exarch) a goodly amount of time to do their work.

The only thing my Orks hated more than a unit of Warp Spiders was two units of Warp Spiders.
    I'll probably punch a hole through my monitor if they haywired my Baneblade. But that's tge beauty of using them. Ultimate trolls
    Art blog here.

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Dub post

/10 char
    Art blog here.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    If you haven't played the game before, I'd advise against starting in Spain. The christian presence there is weak and fractured and tends to be steamrolled by the Muslims, after which a combination of other christian nations do the whole reconquista thingy. This may have been altered a bit, since my most recent playthroughs often left a few of the christian kingdoms standing.

The most common advise for newcomers is Ireland. Small scale, no overly powerful and ambitious neighbors, etc. But really, anywhere not on the religious borders is fine IMO. Start as a count, to minimize complexity.
    While this is sound advice, I' d say starting as a count can be a bit slow and dull. But wherever you start it's relatively difficult to completely lose, so just go with it and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Was intending to a run through of the Mass Effects. Just finished ME2 and took a look at the DLC for ME3. Damn some of those are expensive! Do they ever go on sale at all? I think I'll wait and see as currently it'll cost 24 for the ones I want. That's about what I paid for the actual game.

So in the meantime I'll be playing Call of Juarez and Blood Dragon. Can't decide which to play first though.
    BioWare DLC NEVER goes on sale. At least it hasn't anytime since 2009, to the best of my knowledge. This is -sort of- what's holding me back from buying DA II, there's no Complete Edition and the game had some bits and pieces of day 1 DLC. I can't really be bothered buying the game and pirating the DLC but apparently that works, due to some Origin loophole.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    While this is sound advice, I' d say starting as a count can be a bit slow and dull. But wherever you start it's relatively difficult to completely lose, so just go with it and have fun.
    It is what you make of it. The most fun I've probably had with the game was playing as a the count of Mortain, I think, claiming Europe for my dynasty through marriages and intrigue. I did eventually become duke of Normandy, though, as it made marrying off my children easier. The risk of losing completely is probably greatest for a count, as you only have the one county to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    BioWare DLC NEVER goes on sale. At least it hasn't anytime since 2009, to the best of my knowledge. This is -sort of- what's holding me back from buying DA II, there's no Complete Edition and the game had some bits and pieces of day 1 DLC. I can't really be bothered buying the game and pirating the DLC but apparently that works, due to some Origin loophole.
    Huh. Is that DA2 specific or can it be done with the ME games? Strictly hypothetical scenario: I can't be arsed with Bioware points, don't want to encourage such weird business practices and think the DLC seems quite overpriced, but I am a wee bit curious. Could it be possible to find DLC in the bay or something and make it work with my purchased copies?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    XCOM EU

Can't stop playing new games. Though I had to turn the difficulty down from Impossible Ironman w/SW options to Classic Ironman w/SW options. Usually I don't survive more than couple of missions on Impossible. Classic is so much easier but it comes at a cost of AI being much less active, I wish there was another difficulty setting between them. Impossible is way too hard and unfair but AI actually works there, aliens actually patrol maps and sometimes arrive as reinforsements durning a firefight, actually use their abilities( to the point of spamming them), outflank you and use Overwatch often. That would all be fun but you don't have tools at first to combat eveything they throw at you. The worst part is maps. Some maps just don't have enough heavy cover, some even don't have buildings to enter or corners to hide behind. Narrow maps with lots of low cover are a death sentence on Impossible, at least at the beginning when your sniper is still useless. Sectoids outclass your guys, easily beat them at almost everything. With Damage Roulette only explosives are a reliable way to deal with sectoids and you can't bring more than four at first.

This game is seriously flawed. Still I love it.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 29-05-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger, really enjoying the satisfying shooting and that it;s being told almost Bastion style is also a nice tough. Wouldn't mind seeing more of this in the future.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    Redoing Skyrim, again. Also I'm onto Alice: Madness Returns which is ridiculously good. Weird as hell, but good. And finally I'm working my way through all of the HL2 games, followed by playing the rereleased Minerva: Metastasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Well that's annoying. I'll put the ME3 playthrough on hold indefinitely then. I've heard good things about the DLC but 24 is more than I'm willing to pay for a few hours worth of content that I'll probably only play once. It'll be discounted at some point in the future, surely? I can wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just beat Avernum: Escape from the Pit on the hardest difficulty. I enjoyed it a lot more on normal, some of the boss fights were ridiculous trial and error, but it was still pretty fun.

I definitely would not have been able to beat it without cheesing it a little, especially builds: you get weapon skills to 15 on casters - which makes no sense normally cause they're casters, but then you use that to get a super haste that lets one of your mage characters attack five times in a turn. Invulnerability potions are awesome, and teleport makes the final castle much, much easier.

Activated Node
    Just got Awesomenauts. Played around 10 matches so far. It's awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Metro LL

Well, it was ok at first then the plot kicked in and it became rather disgusting with cheap jokes( "Pavel Morozov"? Seriously? Thats poor taste, or an intentional insult) and the comical absurdity of it all. Well, glad I got it fo' cheap( not really, just cheaper than on Steam). At least stealth and nonlethal playstile is viable. Still, not in the mood to play it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Foootball manager 13,playing with my home team Olimpija,second season champions of our league! :D

Got an AI mod to fix the artificial stupidity of Dark Crusade. Found myself pleasantly surprised that the Necron AI are actually competent rather than just spamming Wraiths and Pariahs.They actually act like Necrons. Massing up on heaps of warriors while holding off, not letting the enemy getting any near their base before finally taking it to theirs. They brought a fucking Monolith over! Goddamn. The sad thing about this is that the IG AI are still pretty balls, albiet slightly improved. Possibly my current IG playstyle sucks enough not to give some suppoert to them but eh, what the heck. I was too slow anyway.
    Art blog here.

I've been playing some of that Dark Souls in preparation for DS2, god I love games that ACTUALLY challenge you.

Finaly beat that helicopter in Ninja gaiden sigma plus without potion. Hurray !

have played two more maps of Iron brigade... kinda fun but weapons feels weightless. And I wish there was localized damages as well (tails, wings, legs), it would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

After Mark of the ninja I accidentally started Hotline Miami...

At first I thought it was one of those game that are difficult for the sake of difficulty (like Meatboy or VVVVV), that I personally find frustrating. But after less than an hour I realized that it's not difficult but clever and, till now, didn't feel frustrated (like in the games I mentioned above), even after getting killed a dozen times.