Page 765 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 15,281 to 15,300 of 23628
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Some people like having a disc. We should pity those people.
    With all the fractured groups within gaming, I'm still not sure hostility between the boxed and the digital is even a thing, but we've all got to start somewhere I suppose. So sod off. Go on, get to soddery.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I sometimes buy disc versions of PC games because you can still get them cheaper than digital copies and they're pretty much all going to give you a steam key anyway. The discs I buy never make it out of the cases.

Example: Remember Me, cheapest right now is 39.99 in my region, maybe it's 32 if GMG have their 20% voucher going. I can buy a boxed copy for 23.99.

Now obviously with digital sales, Remember Me will end up cheaper than retail. But I'm just giving an example of why people would buy discs.

Second reason and much more common I'd imagine, would be that not everyone has the ability to download these games due to their internet connection being very slow or restricted. They might be able to log into steam and register their game, but they could never download it. There's a huge difference between sending a data packet with a 25 digit key in it off to Valves authentication servers and downloading a 15gb game. To those people, discs are still valuable.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    With all the fractured groups within gaming, I'm still not sure hostility between the boxed and the digital is even a thing, but we've all got to start somewhere I suppose. So sod off. Go on, get to soddery.
    I want an all-out Balkanization of the PC gaming world. We're all PCMASTERRACE, but within it we have NOSTEAMNOSALE vs STEAMISFILTHYDRM and IWANTALLMYINSTALLERSOFFGOG and FUCKYOUALLIHAVEADVD and the ever-present IRESERVETHERIGHTTORESALE crowd. I propose the Mac gamers moderate the melee, because nobody cares about them anyway.

Oh, and Company of Heroes 2 open beta started today. I just remoted to my home computer to start the download process so I can go kill me some Nazis when I'm off work.
    Last edited by Nalano; 04-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    I'm playing Hotline Miami and finding it infuriating. It's just so fucking hard! That first level with the dog - I must have replayed it over 150 times before I cleared it
    Are you using lock-on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Remember Me! Starring Robert Pattinso--er, no, I mean the one from France with memory hunters in Paris in the future.

Trying to get into CK2, but finding myself bouncing right off. I'm not a fan of the dynasty and vassal managing, and much prefer the EU3-style empire building. Oh well, so it goes.

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2: Future Legend of... and so on.

I'm glad the checkpoints are optional (and avoiding them is rewarded - good developer!).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Trying to get into CK2, but finding myself bouncing right off. I'm not a fan of the dynasty and vassal managing, and much prefer the EU3-style empire building. Oh well, so it goes.
    If you're having troubles with the game mechanics you should take a look at this Let's play, it helped me greatly. There is also a great manual linked in this thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    ANyone playing COH2 beta,what are the system req ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Some people like having a disc. We should pity those people.
    You should pity our internet connections.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Remember Me! Starring Robert Pattinso--er, no, I mean the one from France with memory hunters in Paris in the future.
    How is that? It looks quite interesting.

@Daftpunk: don't be lazy, it's only a couple of clicks away...

According to steam:

• Processor: 2Ghz Intel Core2 Duo or Equivalent
      • Memory: 2GB RAM
      • Hard Disk Space: 20GB
      • Video Card: 256MB Direct3D 10 capable video card (GeForce 8800 or RadeonHD 2900)
      • Additional: Internet Connection

Warning: The closed beta ran like shit for me, even on low settings. I have a 2.4ghz quadcore, Nvidia 9800 and 4g of RAM. Yeah, my system is not much better than the minimum but I expect the game to run without crawling frame rates on low.

I could barely play 1v1 games without massive frame rate drops. I want to try the open beta and see if things got optimized but don't know if I'll get around to it very soon.
    Last edited by Bleekill; 05-06-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    How is that? It looks quite interesting.

@Daftpunk: don't be lazy, it's only a couple of clicks away...

According to steam:

• Processor: 2Ghz Intel Core2 Duo or Equivalent
      • Memory: 2GB RAM
      • Hard Disk Space: 20GB
      • Video Card: 256MB Direct3D 10 capable video card (GeForce 8800 or RadeonHD 2900)
      • Additional: Internet Connection

Yeah usually those don't do well,thats why i was asking fellow gamers to tell on what kind of setup are they playing and what results are they getting. I think i shouldn't have problems because it looks exactly the same as COH from 06.

That's what I was hoping. Like I said, we'll find out if they optimized for launch but closed beta was not well optimized at all.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Playing the new Mojang game, Scrolls. It's really scratching my CCG itch. Early beta days so far.

Still playing Iron brigade...

I finished the main game and I am trying to complete the Mars DLC part... I am stuck in the swamp...

I play solo, which seems to be part of the problem... I have trouble finding other players.

i'll make another try tonight using an assault mech with snipers rifles because I failed 4_5 times with an engineer mech already.

I also played 30 minutes of Darksiders 2... the RPG parts seem a bit forced... I am not sure I like it as much as the first one... I'll put it on hold for some time to prevent over-comparing the two games.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I really believe that coop might be the only way to progress after the swamp. Fancy joining forces? I stopped playing at that point.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 05-06-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I really believe that coop might be the only way to progress after the swamp. Fancy joining forces? I stopped playing at that point.
    Sure !

Check your PM for my IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    so second mission of first campaign of HOMM3 Shadow of Death.

Enemy just keeps throwing armies at me one after another. where the fuck he gets those armies from?? I beat him half a dozen time (but he run away) and now he attacked me with massive army which took my main castle.

eh...
    just wasted 2.5 hour and need to go back to earlier save. My mistake was that I did not push with the attack. should have done that instead of fucking around.

Obscure Node
    I'm playing The Swapper - gfx is very cool and with a very original style BUT even if I played only 15 min -_-' from the trailer I expected more... but I will continue for sure, I promise.. ;)