Page 766 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 266666716756764765766767768776816866 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,320 of 24766
    Gave Warlock: Master of the arcane, another chance. And after a couple of hours it just feels like a poor man's, fantasy themed and unfinished civilization clone.

I don't know why, but it's just not as fun or addicting as Civ5 (I only played 5 and 2, some 20 years ago. I think).

Obscure Node
    Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
    Distant Worlds: Shadows
    Shogun 2 Total War

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Gta 4 hates albanian people haha,nice :D

Network Hub
    Maybe you're just projecting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    No it doesn't, just some of the characters in it do.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Are you serious,they are always shown as bad filthy people as they are in real world. Kudos to ROckstar for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    No, that's a sterotype. Rockstar are using a sterotype, which is ok. It's allowed. It's not Rockstar or their writers saying "Albania is a horrible country with horrible people". There's a massive difference.

Next you'll be telling me Rockstar are saying all Irish people in New York belong to gang families because Rockstar said so and some Irish people way back when did have gang family connections. And some still do.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    I can't think of anything in the GTA series that is not portrayed as bad and filthy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    So GTA is that game where you fall off a skyscraper and get yourself patched up by eating hotdogs, right?
    Yup, faithful representation of reality, let's end Albania.

(You might wanna tone down the xenophobia a tad now that we actually have tyrants moderators roaming around)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Call of Juarez Arcade. Interestingly for someone who loves narrative I'm finding the story to be a lesser draw over gunning down a million cowboys, it's just done so well. Combo of 45 is my best so far, it's probably my most proud gaming feat other than beating the Last Stand in DOW2. Probably my only one as well. Currently trying to get the achivement for shooting a chicken in a duel.
    Last edited by sonson; 06-06-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    I can't think of anything in the GTA series that is not portrayed as bad and filthy.
    Partial list of people GTA depicts as thieving criminal bastards:

Italians, French, English, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Japanese, Russians, Serbians, Albanians, Irish, Scots, African-Americans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Dominicans, Haitians, Cubans, Jamaicans, Costa Ricans, Colombians, Native Americans, Gentiles of every flavor, Hari Krishas and homosexuals

Comprehensive list of people GTA does not depict as thieving criminal bastards:

Jews

Spent most of my free time yesterday playing the open beta of Company of Heroes 2. Oorah!

There's a selection for automatch vs AI, which pits me and a bunch of random dudes against an equal number of AI opponents. I discovered that my compatriots are not as good as I imagined. When I kill more than the other three teammates combined, I dare say they're not doing their fair share.
    Last edited by Nalano; 06-06-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Hotline Miami has really drawn me in. I've finished the game now, and I'm playing all the levels again to get the scrabble letters, the first of which I somehow only noticed on the very last level of the main story.

I really wish it would stop crashing, though.

O shut up,you don't know albanians..They're evil!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    StarDrive kicked my arse. I'm not sure if I should move it down to pussy mode, or try again and trust I've learned something. My frigates were decimated by what must've been a swarm of smaller yet hardy corvettes. When reloading, the baddie corvettes were in turn annihilated by a horde of planetary fighters I had prepared (but not before they'd destroyed almost everything on the planet), their army just wasn't designed to combat fighters at all.

By far the biggest annoyance was their surprise decleration of war. Suddenly 20 ships drop out of hyperspace onto my newly colonized world, destroyed the unique artifact there, and ran away laughing. Bastards.

Network Hub
    There's also http://gta.wikia.com/Brucie_Kibbutz
    I think he has a giant "100% koscher" tattoo on his back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    wrong post

Obscure Node
    Been playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, (Man i hate typing that name out) and I am loving it. Its scratched the rpg/turn based strategy itch that has been left unsatisfied far too long.

One question though.. is expansion through creating new cities encouraged in this game? All the AI seem to be kicking my butt when it comes to expansion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattsanta View Post
    Been playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, (Man i hate typing that name out) and I am loving it. Its scratched the rpg/turn based strategy itch that has been left unsatisfied far too long.

One question though.. is expansion through creating new cities encouraged in this game? All the AI seem to be kicking my butt when it comes to expansion.
    Broadly speaking, expansion seems to be a good idea. But you need to manage it reasonably. Every new city appears to give a global unrest bonus (I think 3% in all cities apart from your capital), so reckless expansion before your cities have clerics and bell towers is probably dangerous. You can sometimes observe the AI expand faster than it can deal with the unrest and suffer for it (on difficulties where it doesn't cheat like mad). With this in mind, there's a limit to how many cities it's worth building, but except on huge maps I imagine this limit is smaller than the number of acceptable city sites available to you.

Also bear in mind that expansion requires spending population to build pioneers now, so you need to choose the correct city to build your pioneer. Typically this should be a city that doesn't have enough food to reach its next level anyway right now.

Aggressively building a few cities very quickly seems to be a good idea: the unrest penalty is not a problem for your first few cities, and you typically don't have enough food to get many of your cities to level 3 at this point so the "lost" population isn't really lost.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.