Page 768 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 268668718758766767768769770778818868 ... LastLast
Results 15,341 to 15,360 of 24742
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    God freaking damn it. Restarting Divinity 2 as a Mage.

Fun fact: The litmus test for whether or not something is an RPG is if I feel the overwhelming urge to re-roll my character endlessly. Of course, by those standards, Planescape: Torment and The Witcher (1 and 2) weren't RPGs, so who knows.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

First time with Divinity 2? I played through as an archer and didn't have too many problems besides some really nasty difficulty spikes. Amdusias (MAXOS!) will make your blood boil.
    I think it's mostly important to stack passive skills and stick to only a couple of active skills. Keep in mind some weapons do explicitly magical damage which scales with intelligence instead of strength so turning your guy into a gish is always an option.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

From my experience Divinity 2 punish you for creating a versatile character (like a fighter who can cast fire balls) instead of focusing on just a few skills as possible(as Anthile said). It might work on the first map, but by the time you'll reach the second, you won't survive too long...

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Going through XCOM:EU, some Grimrock and I just started Wizardry 8. I really need to finish Dark Souls, though.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Deus Ex

First time I've ever used a killphrase. Just arrived to HK. Don't think it counts as a spoiler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth.

Really cool game and different from all the other tower defense games. I enjoyed it and am now getting all the medals, and then afterwards going for Advanced mode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    First time with Divinity 2? I played through as an archer and didn't have too many problems besides some really nasty difficulty spikes. Amdusias (MAXOS!) will make your blood boil.
    I think it's mostly important to stack passive skills and stick to only a couple of active skills. Keep in mind some weapons do explicitly magical damage which scales with intelligence instead of strength so turning your guy into a gish is always an option.
    I've bounced off of Divinity 2 more than a few times (my farthest was getting so far as to actually get the Battle Tower before restarting/losing steam).

I usually go archer as I like the idea (and explosive arrows make me warm and fuzzy in my pants), but then I get to one of the tankier enemies and realize I am going to be spending my entire time kiting and abusing level geometry.

Then I re-roll as a mage because at least I can put some points into life leech and mana leech to let me do some melee tanking of my own. But I suspect I'll find another excuse to reroll :p. It is an RPG, after all.

Fun fact: NWN's Hordes of the Underdark expansion took me roughly 200 hours to beat :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Civilization V: A mod of ice and fire.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I hate when large content add-ons are announced long prior to their release. I want to play Civilization 5 but I don't want to play it without Brave New World.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I only bought it on offer last week, Civ V and Gods and Kings for 6. Loads of mods for it by the looks of it. So content is not a worry for me.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I dun goofed on StarDrive. Was doing really well, the most powerful empire on the map with other empires as a buffer between me and the damn robots, then I started designing my first Frigate. Complete disaster! They couldn't maintain warp for more than a couple of seconds at a time, and when they finally got to their target, the energy weapons pathetically spat out a couple of bolts and shut down. I just didn't give them enough power. Let that be a lesson - try to test a ship before you start mass producing it. I'm now one of the least powerful empires, and am being harassed by common pirates for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    Have they patched the game yet so that swamping enemy worlds with ground troops isn't an overpowered tactic? I know Dan released a beta patch for it, but I haven't heard if it's official yet.
    Don't think so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Fun fact: NWN's Hordes of the Underdark expansion took me roughly 200 hours to beat :p
    If only it wasn't so ugly, it had some of the better area design and conversations in Bioware's portfolio.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I've got a question for all you RPS-ers: is Gods and Kings worth a purchase? I was going to wait until the summer sale, but it's currently 75% off and I do love Civ 5.

Also, I'm currently playing Thomas Was Alone. Fantastic writing, though I wish that there was a way to more easily switch back and forth between the characters. Once you get to four at the same time it can be irritating to juggle through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I've got a question for all you RPS-ers: is Gods and Kings worth a purchase? I was going to wait until the summer sale, but it's currently 75% off and I do love Civ 5.
    If you love Civ 5, yes, definitely get it. It doesn't break anything (or fix anything), there are a bunch of new leaders for you to scream at, and you might like what the two big features add.

Like everyone else, I'm also playing the game again, and it's slowly making its way towards the top of my most-played Steam games. To be fair, a good 20% of that is turn processing time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Crusader Kings 2: I'm actually going to stick with a game this time, rather than poking around for a bit, trying something dumb, and then restarting. Of course, this may not be that hard to finish, as I'm the the Duke of Barcelona. I was planning to mind my own business until the Sheikh squatting on my de jure counties gets distracted by some war or other and nip in and peel them off one at a time. But then Navarre, Castille and Aragon decide the thing to do is to fight with each other and declare an enormous holy war. Now there's an enormous combined Muslim army stomping about squashing Christian armies and besieging things for laughs. I'm done my part as a good little ally, so I'm now going to sit tight and see where it all shakes out.

Little Inferno rises above parody into commentary, managing the rather clever trick of being just as compelling as the things it's puncturing, and having a mood and atmosphere very much its own.

The other game I'm playing is Waiting for the Bits to Arrive of my first ever custom built PC. It'll be the nicest beast I've ever owned, and I'm rather looking forward to actually seeing some of the sorts of things that are always popping up on the screenshot thread. Assuming I don't fry the CPU or any such thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    reinstalled Republic revolution.

this time

this time i am going to get far!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Dominions 3 in single player is bravely imitating Civilization for 'one more turn'. I read the wiki realise I can do something like turn an immortal pig into a general who can perform blood sacrifice and then I lose 4 hours doing it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Skyward Collapse is really something. It is not like the other games. Trying to juggle a constantly increasing number of plates to keep the eternal war viable makes for a nice combination of strategic and tactical considerations. Watching Minotaurs fight Valkyries as Pan scurries over to pick up his pipes is extremely diverting. A Japanese faction is in the works as well. Very taken with this one.

Distant Worlds, on early impressions, seems to be the epic, glacially-paced space opera game I have been searching for. With a pre-Warp empire, I follow my tiny exploration ships as they chug off to the outer rim of my system. Worth every penny.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    reinstalled Republic revolution.

this time

this time i am going to get far!
    How weird, that was the first ever game where I followed its development, pre-ordered it and got it on release day. I played for a couple of days and then realised it was a hugely disappointing game with a lot of promise but little real gameplay. I then forgot about it entirely until yesterday and now here you are talking about it. Do let me know how you get on, I'd be interested to know if its any more enjoyable than I remember.

Obscure Node
    Been playing a bunch of Open General lately, the open source version of Panzer Generals 2, and been getting my ass kicked regularly, but having great fun.

Also Civ 5 multi-player games seem to be working well lately.