Page 769 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819869 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,380 of 23258
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    reinstalled Republic revolution.

this time

this time i am going to get far!
    How weird, that was the first ever game where I followed its development, pre-ordered it and got it on release day. I played for a couple of days and then realised it was a hugely disappointing game with a lot of promise but little real gameplay. I then forgot about it entirely until yesterday and now here you are talking about it. Do let me know how you get on, I'd be interested to know if its any more enjoyable than I remember.

Obscure Node
    Been playing a bunch of Open General lately, the open source version of Panzer Generals 2, and been getting my ass kicked regularly, but having great fun.

Also Civ 5 multi-player games seem to be working well lately.

Activated Node
    I've been playing a bit of Serious Sam from the humble bundle. Man this game is tense. I haven't play old school style shooter like this since unreal 2004. The enemies design are very uneasy for me too. I could only take about 20 min at a time

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    You don't like to shoot at beheaded people :o

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Absolutely unrelated to what I'm playing but he mentioned beheaded people and I saw 2 of those 'torsogate' special edition Dead Island things in a shop yesterday and I was decidedly underwhelmed.

I still have no idea who'd want one but in reality they're pretty harmless and mighty tame things - they will take some explaining to the in-laws tho ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Gave Civ V another go but it’s just so vast, which is great, but I can’t give it the time it needs just now. It feels like a board game in that it’s all about planning way in advance, planning moments to boom and synergise, that sort of thing, which is very satisfying, but I know it will take 100 of hours for me to get good enough at it to feel like I’m not playing sub-optimally. I feel like I’m starting to get a feel for the Aztecs after about 20 hours but that’s only one Civ I’m coming to terms with, who, because of their nature, mean I can outright ignore certain elements which would be crucial to playing as another Civ. It’s not even hard or unintuitive, it’s actually all very clear; it just requires a lot of investment because that’s the nature of the game.

What it doesn’t feel like is a relaxing simulation of me guiding a Civ through time. On anything less than Prince you have all the time you want to just watch your empire grow, and very pretty it is too, but the AI is so poor that you routinely end up with the old tanks vs hoplites routine and there’s no real sense of accomplishment in your progress when your opponents are so clearly offering no form of challenge.

Wish I was 16 again, I would play the ass of it. I’m realising as I get older that I’m going to encounter really brilliant games that I just can’t give the attention they merit, which is sad.

Network Hub
    Have you tried Civ 4? I think that the Civilopedia is much better in 4 than 5 and the concepts are therefore easier to grasp. Also, Civ 5 is much more like a board game where everyone is playing to win whereas 4 is much more the simulation; some Civs are just not competitive but that's OK whereas in 5 your best friend will declare war because its advantageous to their game plan.

Recently finished university and moved to China so my gaming time became very limited. Still I try to game from time to time!
    Have been playing Dont Starve for some hours. I got sting to death by bees, been eaten by spiders, killed by a tall bird. Didnt make it over 2-3 days. My longest survival was 10 days now, where I got eaten by some dogs in the end which I have never seen before. Fun game and I think I will stick with it some more time. I wont check out some wikis and guides yet... but maybe later if I still fail!

I also got into some more mobile gaming. I finished Super Hexagon on my android tablet and phone. This game is just so damn excellent! Also finished 10000000 which was fun while it lasted, but not really memorable. Currently I am playing New Star Soccer. Its some kind of Sensible Soccer for your phone. And its really good. Definitely recommended!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asokn View Post
    How weird, that was the first ever game where I followed its development, pre-ordered it and got it on release day. I played for a couple of days and then realised it was a hugely disappointing game with a lot of promise but little real gameplay. I then forgot about it entirely until yesterday and now here you are talking about it. Do let me know how you get on, I'd be interested to know if its any more enjoyable than I remember.
    it is not strategy game. Or if you call it one then its very very shallow. If you don't do things like you supposed to, the way devs envisioned you do things you are pretty much screwed.

I spent two days just fucking around and got steamrolled by npc. restarted and did what im told immediately and look npc is weak, me strong.
    I decided to initiate conflict with another party....
    nope. you supposed to find the press not attack other party, so fuck you.

LOVE the concept. but it is a disappointment at least so far. An indie game with that concept could be amazing tough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Panzer Corps, spiritual successor to panzer general and really close in look and feel if I remember correctly. It also kicks my ass so far. Should probably dial the difficulty down a notch.

NBA 2k13. No idea of the rules but a fun game none the less.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    NBA 2k13. No idea of the rules but a fun game none the less.
    You're not allowed to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    You're not allowed to travel.
    You sound like my probation officer :p
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Still working my way through Book of Unwritten Tales - it's one of the few games I play with the sound on (to improve my German), which means it's taking me months as I play at odd times. It's fun in small doses.

I gave Saints Row a go during the free weekend, but bounced off it. I don't think it's fair to judge it by the first three missions, which is all I got round to, as I'm pretty sure the game world would have opened up soon. It kind of makes me wonder how suited to a free weekend it is, but maybe other people squeeze a lot more into the time. Anyway, might give it another try at some stage.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

I find myself with a bit more spare time than the last months these days, but still unable to commit to the larger items in my backlog. I got about 4 hours into Binary Domain last week, and ditched it happily after that because I felt I'd seen all there was to see and was unable to ignore the many annoyances.

Since then I've been spending (maybe a lot more) time with the Race the Sun Alpha. It's a lot of fun, but in a 'procedural' racer I expected a bit more diversity. Also, there's not much to do in the progression system - yet.

I just now checked out English Country Tune, where my first thought was: "SOKOBAN FTW!", but only for a few levels. After that, only "What!?"s and "YOWZAH!"s followed. stuck on first real level i think.
    Last edited by elephant god; 11-06-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: linkification&emboldening

I've given one of the build-your-own-level-and-then-solve-it puzzles of English Country Tune a try after I had a hunch about how it could work, but the task of putting together a solveable level out of all the possible permutations of a 7x7x7 block is impossibly daunting. Has anyone actually done it?

As for the rest of the levels, I've only got one left in Freestyle B - the one that's a variation on the resonator bridge in Freestyle A - and then I'll have completed them all. Some of the final levels are admirably clever. It's a very thin line between a puzzle game where the solutions are admirably clever and where they are frustratingly obtuse, even though they might be just as difficult to figure out, but English Country Tune does it well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Still working my way through Book of Unwritten Tales - it's one of the few games I play with the sound on (to improve my German), which means it's taking me months as I play at odd times. It's fun in small doses.

I gave Saints Row a go during the free weekend, but bounced off it. I don't think it's fair to judge it by the first three missions, which is all I got round to, as I'm pretty sure the game world would have opened up soon. It kind of makes me wonder how suited to a free weekend it is, but maybe other people squeeze a lot more into the time. Anyway, might give it another try at some stage.
    To be fair, if you didn't fall in love with the game during the tutorial, odds are the game wasn't your cup of tea anyway.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    gave up on serious sam. It was fun for about 2 hrs and then just more of the same. In the last few weeks I've been trying to get into some single player game since I have so many of them on steam but instead keep coming back to games that I can't really finish like CK and football manager. My steam back log looking more grim every day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhlt25 View Post
    gave up on serious sam. It was fun for about 2 hrs and then just more of the same. In the last few weeks I've been trying to get into some single player game since I have so many of them on steam but instead keep coming back to games that I can't really finish like CK and football manager. My steam back log looking more grim every day.
    hah. same experienced i had 6 years ago with SS1. 2-3 hours were fun. but then you realize that you are doing the same thing over and over again. quit and never went back.

what SP games you have? maybe people can recommend you something?

Started Mark of the ninja and Assassin's creed revelations. Mark of the Ninja is really fun. Assassin's creed is just more of the same, oh well...

Beat two missions of the Iron Brigade DLC (one with Heliocentric, the other one solo) it's getting harder. Two more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless