Page 771 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 271671721761769770771772773781821871 ... LastLast
Results 15,401 to 15,420 of 23328
    Activated Node
    thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'll give metro 2033 a try next. I already tried the darkness 2 and didn't like the combat. driftmoon looks cool but I don't have it and I'm trying to stop buying games for a few months.

I was playing RAGE. It's not perfect but still enjoyable enough, but the checkpoint system has pissed me off enough that I think I'll stop.

I'd finished clearing a bandit base for a mission (I even got the achievement for doing it) A few bandits pop out near the exit and kill me, I don't even know how.
    Reload last checkpoint.
    I'm outside the base before even starting the mission.

Finished Iron Brigade ! The last fights were really harder in solo but not impossible.

Next one on the list is either mark of the Ninja or Psychonauts...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhlt25 View Post
    I'm looking for a short single player experience that has decent story and can be finish in about 8hrs (something like spec ops and the new tomb raider). Off the top of my head I have : binary domain, dead space 2, kayne and lynch 2, all the lego games, home, lone survivor, to the moon, most of the adventure games, asscreed brother hood, condemned, hitman absolution, the prototype games which seems like they could be finish in a relatively short time.
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Blood Dragon, The Darkness 2. Nothing complex about them but they're all great fun, have good stories and the game-play and production values while limited is very polished in all three, and they're all mechanically rock solid, so it doesn't matter that you're doing the same thing over and over. Also, they're all cheap! I usually like long drawn out games but life hasn't permitted that this year and I highly recommend these satisfying morsels, seem to fit the bill exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dhlt25 View Post
    I'm looking for a short single player experience that has decent story and can be finish in about 8hrs (something like spec ops and the new tomb raider). Off the top of my head I have : binary domain, dead space 2, kayne and lynch 2, all the lego games, home, lone survivor, to the moon, most of the adventure games, asscreed brother hood, condemned, hitman absolution, the prototype games which seems like they could be finish in a relatively short time.
    Sleeping dogs, Dishonored, DmC.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Edawan View Post
    I was playing RAGE. It's not perfect but still enjoyable enough, but the checkpoint system has pissed me off enough that I think I'll stop.
    Yeah, the checkpointing in RAGE is pretty bad, but at least in the console version you can actually manually save, I did not manage to run into savegame limit yet with approximately 20 saves and the saving/loading times were quick.

The PC version might even have a quick-save key.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabraw View Post
    Yeah, the checkpointing in RAGE is pretty bad, but at least in the console version you can actually manually save, I did not manage to run into savegame limit yet with approximately 20 saves and the saving/loading times were quick.
    The PC version might even have a quick-save key.
    There is a quick-save key, but a quick-save stops the game for 5 seconds. Not something you want to be spamming.
    And really, I hadn't seen a game where you need to manually save in a long time.

I just made a deal with the Devil (UBIsoft) and bought the entry pack to The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot. Yep, I am going to hell.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Edawan View Post
    There is a quick-save key, but a quick-save stops the game for 5 seconds. Not something you want to be spamming.
    And really, I hadn't seen a game where you need to manually save in a long time.
    OK, 5 secs for a quick-save sounds tad long. I was unpleasantly surprised by the unusual checkpointing system myself but as I probably am crappier player I found out about it (read: died) quite early and thus the loss was not big.

Started Hotline Miami.
    My god it's brilliant.

Finished Sleeping dogs. Great game with solid mechanics (and a great melee fighting system, even with mouse and keyboard) and a good story (Quite predictable, but told well with memorable characters).
    Will definitely get DLC when on sale somewhere (fortunately, lately, it happens every other week or so).

Next is Civ 5 again with gods & king this time.

Also enjoying English country tune.

Okay, that's Tiny & Big - Grandpa's Leftovers wrapped up. It was fun! Finicky, but fun. I'm surprised there aren't more games that just give you a cutting laser and let you go to town on the destructible environment; it never gets old.

I quite liked the art style as well. The comic-book-style sound effect pop-up quickly loses its novelty but the game itself looks quite striking, even if I wouldn't exactly call it pretty. Still, I appreciate the distinctiveness a lot more than the pleasingness.

I haven't found one of the arcade cabinets but I think I'll leave it at this. Even though the game is really short, the checkpointed saves still manage to get on my nerves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Attempted to jump back in to the Dragon Age: Origins game I left about a year and a half ago. Wow do I suddenly suck. Even cranking the difficulty down to normal I can't see to win a boss fight to save my life. I suppose I've just forgotten how to use my mage, but I really don't understand why I can't even seem to make a dent in most things. The intent had been to quickly finish up DA:O (I've been through it once before) and then move on to Awakening for the first time, but at this rate I'm getting nowhere fast.

The mage is an elemental/curse build, I *think* I was running Alastair (tank), Leilani (melee rogue and utility box) and Wynne (healer) and when I stopped I was playing on hard and managing just fine. I can't help but wonder if I've forgotten something (or several somethings) fundamental about the game.
    Last edited by vinraith; 14-06-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Attempted to jump back in to the Dragon Age: Origins game I left about a year and a half ago. Wow do I suddenly suck. Even cranking the difficulty down to normal I can't see to win a boss fight to save my life. I suppose I've just forgotten how to use my mage, but I really don't understand why I can't even seem to make a dent in most things. The intent had been to quickly finish up DA:O (I've been through it once before) and then move on to Awakening for the first time, but at this rate I'm getting nowhere fast.

The mage is an elemental/curse build, I *think* I was running Alastair (tank), Leilani (melee rogue and utility box) and Wynne (healer) and when I stopped I was playing on hard and managing just fine. I can't help but wonder if I've forgotten something (or several somethings) fundamental about the game.
    You could have hit enemies with more SR. Dragon Age has a fundamental problem where its enemies autolevel, and part of that autoleveling is more spell resistance. You might have hit the wrong boss area at the wrong time. The Deep Roads is a pain in the ass, but it's also best to do it second and get it out of the way.

StarDrive so far all I've done is customize my race and play the first half hour or so. Looking forward to seeing if the patches have made it into the game it deserves to be yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar

haha

It reminded me of my own jump back to Mass Effect 2 after over a year of not playing. I could not do a simple side mission
    where you got to fight bunch of mechs. The one where you had to save some crates.
    Mission was like ten minutes but i've spent over an hour on it, constantly dieing cause I forgot how to efficiently use my characters or even shoot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    How is it I've played StarDrive 8 times and am only now finding out about subspace projectors?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Gnomaria.

Every time I'm digging holes or mining, they fuck up the order of cubes to dig/mine and trap themselves in to the hole preventing their way out of it and other people coming in.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    You could have hit enemies with more SR. Dragon Age has a fundamental problem where its enemies autolevel, and part of that autoleveling is more spell resistance. You might have hit the wrong boss area at the wrong time. The Deep Roads is a pain in the ass, but it's also best to do it second and get it out of the way.
    Fortunately I'm past the Deep Roads already, the save picks up before the Landsmeet in Denerim. I can handle the random encounters (streeth thugs etc) just fine, but trying to pick off any quest that involves a boss (i.e. the Grax thing hiding in Denerim, the Revanants in the elven woods etc) is nigh impossible. I suppose that may be linked to the spell resistance problem you mentioned, but I know I was doing fine with this stuff before I stopped...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Fortunately I'm past the Deep Roads already, the save picks up before the Landsmeet in Denerim. I can handle the random encounters (streeth thugs etc) just fine, but trying to pick off any quest that involves a boss (i.e. the Grax thing hiding in Denerim, the Revanants in the elven woods etc) is nigh impossible. I suppose that may be linked to the spell resistance problem you mentioned, but I know I was doing fine with this stuff before I stopped...
    Revenants bastards all the time, hardest things in the game by a long shot I'd say. They're flat out immune to cold and Nature damage, so depending on your favoured lore that could be the problem. They're vulnerable to fire. Best strategy at higher levels against them I find is cast things like misdirection so they can't hurt you and to try and hold them in place with crushing prison or glyphs of warding while buffing your party with kinetic or fire weapons. If you've specced Leliana right she should be able to do a lot of damage from afar, tank with Alistair, keep healing him with your healer and potions and damage/hold in place with your spells from a distance as well. If you can keep your tank alive then the Rev should be whittled down eventually. Attacks need to be constant though as they can regenerate. Everyone except Alistair is at a distance so you should be able to avoid the pull spell.

Depending on how high Dex leliana is if you give her daggers she could actually tank well as after a certain point high dex can stop you from getting hit enough for it to matter. But then you'd be relying on your tank to damage which would be silly.