Page 777 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779787827877 ... LastLast
Results 15,521 to 15,540 of 23789
    Stealth Bastard Delux. Yeah, I like it.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Played a bit of Sword of the Stars 2, but gave up quickly. The good news is that it does appear to be solidly stable now, the bad news is that the interface is still awful and the movement system is offputtingly clunky. I still think there's a game with real potential under there, and sincerely hope that further patching and expansions will bring it properly to the surface. SotS1 was no great shakes until the second expansion, after all, and now it's probably by favorite 4X game full stop. Regardless, though, SotS2 is reshelved for now.

Instead, started up some multiplayer Anno 2070. God awful DRM aside, it's a brilliant game, and reminds me just how much I adore this series. Something about the charm, the personalities, and the peculiar joy of efficient production chain management and trade networks never gets old. It's actually making me want to go play the earlier entries as well, 1404 was great and 1701 was my first love in the series. Unfortunately, 1701 Gold won't run on Win 7 64-bit due to the idiotic Tages, which is a worrying portent for my future ability to play any given entry in the series. Fingers crossed that GOG comes to the rescue on that...

Finally, in single player, I've gone back to my old second Dragon Age: Origins playthrough (elven mage, playing "good with a wild streak" where my first playthrough was a pragmatic-to-the-point-of-cruel rogue). It's taking some time to get back up to speed, but I picked up some DLC and am hoping to finish this out and finally play Awakenings for the first time before (for better or worse) moving on to DA2 to see whether all the hate is justified.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Hawken

Not sure why I'm playing it though, I'm not enjoying it at all. Everything feels weightless and this is a worst sin a mech game can commit in my opinion. Levels, UI, weapons, customization and everything are also not to my liking( ie horrible). Still, TD is kind of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Finished Metro 2033 for the second time, this time on Ranger Easy difficulty. While I like the game, some of its design flaws become really obvious on higher difficulties. Whoever thought of those &&^&*) amoebas, or considered it a good idea to severely limit the amount of gas mask filters in a game meant to be explored, needs to think again next time.

A couple of weeks ago I returned from a trip to California/Nevada, so I will be replaying GTA: San Andreas now. Really looking forward to visiting all those landmarks in San Andreas again, I love that game so much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Hotline Miami

​Someone give him all the money and let him write a movie.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I downloaded the Rogue Legacy demo last night

http://www.cellardoorgames.com/roguelegacy.html

It's a lovely thing but I think you die a BIT too often, even for a Roguealike, and I'm not convinced the controls are as bang-on as some of it's platforming bits really need.

The fact that the 360 controller stick is inaccurate in MENUS, let alone in-game, does not fill me with the desire to play through some of the 'stab platform' rooms.

It's not SMB - either of them - in that department. It needs some work - it may even be better on keyboard, I need to try that, in fact.

p.s. tried the keyboard option, holy fuck it's WORSE, even redefining the keys is a job-and-a-half and the non-combat keys can't be changed and are 'odd' to say the least (press up to talk, S to proceed and D to go back).

Shame - lovely idea but if you're going to make a tough platformer/G&G combat game, you need to get the controls right.
    Last edited by trjp; 20-06-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Hotline Miami

​Someone give him all the money and let him write a movie.
    Hotline Miami struck me as the perfect Tarantino movie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Finally, in single player, I've gone back to my old second Dragon Age: Origins playthrough (elven mage, playing "good with a wild streak" where my first playthrough was a pragmatic-to-the-point-of-cruel rogue). It's taking some time to get back up to speed, but I picked up some DLC and am hoping to finish this out and finally play Awakenings for the first time before (for better or worse) moving on to DA2 to see whether all the hate is justified.
    Interestingly, I have an unfinished second Dragon Age: Origins playthrough (elven mage, playing "good with a wild streak" where my first playthrough was a pragmatic-to-the-point-of-cruel rogue). I also didn't do DLC the first time around, but plan to do them once I get back to the game. Any chance your rogue was a dwarf noble? My elven mage is sort of pro-elf, but highly tolerant.

I liked DA2, but also agree with most of the criticism. It's more arcadey. I actually prefer the story of DA2, since DA:O was incredibly generic (LotR in beige, basically).

Still playing LoL, don't know what everyone was on about, I have seen nothing but friendly people there. Still have my 100% win record intact too. Not bad for a moba noob.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    The Rogue Legacy demo is delicious. Castlevania works perfectly stretched over a roguelike skeleton. Someone was complaining loudly about the controls on the front page, but while the jumping could certainly use a bit of tightening up it wasn't enough to put me off pre-ordering it.

The player customization, particularly the rune system, is surprisingly intricate. Being able to choose between a quintuple-jumping acrobat and an all-powerful vampire is pretty great. I'm sure some people will be put off by the "grindy" nature of the castle system, but this isn't a game you were going to beat on your first attempt anyway. In fact, it took me about two dozen deaths before it "clicked" and I started bringing back enough gold to really make any progress.

In other words, I'm with John. But then I've also put 96 hours into The Binding of Isaac, so this is very much my forte.
    Last edited by sabrage; 21-06-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Picked up Rochard off the humble bundle for like 50p or something. It's ok ish for a platformer. Humour is good and all, but the end of the day it is a platformer and doubt I will ever get 20% into the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Played Rise of Nations for the first time, me and a friend vs two AI. 3 hour game. It's a great, great game, however the instant unit construction sort of ruins it once you get that tech. I think perhaps the default research time could be toned down as we got to the modern military stage far too quickly and ended up only really attacking then. Ah well, lookin forward to playing more.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You can limit the ages during game setup, if you just want like a medieval or world war 1 or Napoleonic wars engagement. Good GOD RON is a good game.

Played a bit of Mystara and started Unepic which I got in some bundle. It's actually pretty okay. You can see that it never quite reaches the quality of the top tier indie metroidvanias but it could be a lot worse. There is, however, the writing which is execrable. I had to look up a new word to describe how bad it is.
    They should just pulled a Gantz. Drop an ordinary guy in an absurd life-or-death scenario and then giant aliens show up that look suspiciously like the ones from Avatar and they harvest humans. Hmm, or maybe I dreamed that.
    I think there were vampires, too. There always are.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node realitysconcierge's Avatar
    Even though I have an incredibly low tolerance for horror, I still get the craving for it every once in awhile. So I loaded up Kraven Manor, played for roughly 45 minutes and promptly exited upon discovering a multitude of the thing that had been chasing me the whole time. No more cravings for me! Great game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Hotline Miami struck me as the perfect Tarantino movie.
    The film already exist... it's called Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

I played Gunpoint the other day. I had a bit of fun with it, but was quite disappointed as I think it could have been so much more than it is. I feel like I played a really well-polished proof of concept or demo version, with a great idea behind it, enjoyable basic mechanics, but uninspired level design that never moves far beyond what I'd expect from a tutorial phase. There were no interesting puzzles to solve, in a game that feels like it was built for them. I'm not up with the details of the level editor, but I hope some interesting custom levels will emerge.
    Last edited by MD!; 21-06-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    The film already exist... it's called Drive.
    HLM is more like Ichi the Killer meets Mulholland Dr.

Drive
    is a boring movie.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Picked up Rochard off the humble bundle for like 50p or something. It's ok ish for a platformer. Humour is good and all, but the end of the day it is a platformer and doubt I will ever get 20% into the game.
    It's rather short and some of the abilities you get later in the game are fun so I'd recommend you try to push on a bit more. I found that it ended just as it started to get boring.

Just killed the Russian dude in Mark of the Ninja. I am a bit pissed because the game autosaved one of my mistake and I couldn't complete one of the objectives.

I just arrived in the desert area and those bombs and traps make a nice new challenge. 3 more chapters to go.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless