Page 779 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 279679729769777778779780781789829879 ... LastLast
Results 15,561 to 15,580 of 24112
    Just tried Dota 2 .... eeewww.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Ah, thanks for the tip. I actually thought that the re-balance made the game easier; if it makes it more involved as you said, though, then I'll avoid it.
    The Witcher 1 is pretty easy combat wise. It is Neverwinter Nights with a bit of timing involved (click at the right moment to continue combos for more damage).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Far Cry 3 is a deeply stupid game. I mostly agree with Tom Chick's review. In so many more small ways it's just awful: the endless tutorialitis, blinking+glowing everything, x-ray vision of spotted enemies, incredibly distracting and ugly LOD transitions (seriously, WTF?), alt-tab leaves it in borderless windowed mode (which costs 10fps vs fullscreen, but luckily alt-enter works), annoying reflection menu backgrounds, awful droning ambient sound in map and menus (there are even DLL mods to remove this), the map screen regularly gets bugged, and the reload-while-sprinting skill stops working. As to how it actually plays, it's seemingly design-by-committee, and most of the game feels like filler. There are some decent action+shooting scenes, but also far too many mandatory do-nothing linear sequences. Then you have the lousy characters, atrocious writing, half-assed open world, minigames (racing? poker? knife throwing? pass), and a cell phone that will ring you repeatedly (and the MC always answers) with the same conversation about the next plot mission just in case you forgot and completed some other task on the way. FC3 has some fun moments, but on the whole it's mediocre and overrated, and I really could have skipped this one. I'm not even on the second island yet! Sigh. To contrast, for all of FC2's flaws, it had purposeful design and was generally an interesting journey.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I tried to install the FCR mod for the Witcher 2 today but it didn't seem to work. I've had the Witcher 2 on my hard drive since I first downloaded it from Direct2Drive (now Gamefly)
    Have you tried adding your key to gog.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Just tried Dota 2 .... eeewww.
    Be sure to wash your hands and pray for forgiveness from whatever you hold dear.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Have you tried adding your key to gog.com?
    Did that just now.

God damn, FCR combined with Dark Mode is just ridiculous.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Currently I cannot login into both Hawken and Planetside 2.

What the hell? Today is the DDOS day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Just played the first three chapters of Stealth Bastard Deluxe and it's kind of disappointing. So far, finding the solution to each level has been little more than finding the one action that lets you progress through the level, and then the next, and then the next, until you get to the exit. You might wonder if this isn't the case with every puzzle game, but the problem here is that there aren't really any actions possible that might work; they're all certain death, except for one. That doesn't make for very satisfying puzzling. I don't know if it gets better further into the game.

Just played the first three chapters of Stealth Bastard Deluxe and it's kind of disappointing. So far, finding the solution to each level has been little more than finding the one action that lets you progress through the level, and then the next, and then the next, until you get to the exit. You might wonder if this isn't the case with every puzzle game, but the problem here is that there aren't really any actions possible that might work; they're all certain death, except for one. That doesn't make for very satisfying puzzling. I don't know if it gets better further into the game.

Yeah I just got to like section 4 and thought is wa going to be about using your wileyness and gadgets to progress, but as you said it is a level pulling game and thats it. The gadgets are not unlocking so it is not like you have a choice in a course of action it is flick a switch and die until you figure out how to flick the next one. Not a lot of stealth involved really.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Testing out Zafehouse: Diaries. Seems like a good "zombie"-game, but jesus christ these people need some anger management lessons. In the two hours these people have been in the house they've had arguments that have resulted in a broken leg and someone throwing a medical cabinet at other person.

I just finished Mark of the Ninja. The end was kinda confusing. But in a good way. And it was really stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

the problem here is that there aren't really any actions possible that might work; they're all certain death, except for one.
    That's the impression I've got from reading the WIT, that you're supposed to find the many different ways you can die clever and amusing, and if you don't, well...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Is there an rpg which has somehting like terror factor? I just did an rpg class quiz and there were a lot of questions about armors and weapons that don't do much damage, but are so gruesome that they instill fear in the enemies. Am curious if any rpg did that.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I haven't tried Witcher 2 Dark Mode, but isn't it just basically "hard" only with perma death?

The Witcher 2 is such a long game that I can't imagine perma-death would be very fun. I wouldn't want to spend 20 hours playing and then accidentally die.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I haven't tried Witcher 2 Dark Mode, but isn't it just basically "hard" only with perma death?

The Witcher 2 is such a long game that I can't imagine perma-death would be very fun. I wouldn't want to spend 20 hours playing and then accidentally die.
    Dark Mode is just "really really hard". Also with a few new items.

Hardcore mode (perma-death) is a different setting.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Nah, it's quite a bit harder than hard in my experience and it unlocks certain item-sets not available in other modes. Also, perma-death is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Is there an rpg which has somehting like terror factor? I just did an rpg class quiz and there were a lot of questions about armors and weapons that don't do much damage, but are so gruesome that they instill fear in the enemies. Am curious if any rpg did that.

The old infinity engine games features a morale system that causes enemies to panic from you if they are low on health and fail a saving throw. There's also quite a few spells, items and special abilities that can cause fear and loathing - including the famous dragon fear. It's hardly a central mechanic but I can't think of any RPG where it's not just a standard status effect.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Just started world war 3 in Civ 5 and loosing it... The Austrians fired the first shot and I responded with an atomic bomb, so it's not really my fault is it?

Also played a Miasmata for an hour or two and as much as I want to like it, I just can't. It has great ideas about surviving and the mapping system is also interesting (and getting lost in the dark is also great), but mechanically it feels too awkward and everything is so so slow.
    I don't see the point of the "momentum" movement. It feels unrealistic, it doesn't fit a first person game and I always fell off cliffs I couldn't see and watching the 10 seconds falling animation, even if I fell from a small rock. And everything little thing you do starts a boring animation scene...

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Dark Mode is just "really really hard". Also with a few new items.

Hardcore mode (perma-death) is a different setting.
    Oh, that makes sense. I actually played through on Dark Mode then (I remember the swords with the insanely annoying graphical effects whenever you'd use them). I don't remember it being all that hard, though, once you level up a few times.

Starting up Tropico 4 again. Rolling a booze baron/hotel mogul while expanding the business on furniture. Commies can go fuck themselves
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Prison Architect.

Basically: Separate prisoners, flood guards in places where you can't separate prisoners, and keep at least two walls between them and freedom at all times.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen