Page 780 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 280680730770778779780781782790830880 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 22709
    Starting up Tropico 4 again. Rolling a booze baron/hotel mogul while expanding the business on furniture. Commies can go fuck themselves
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Prison Architect.

Basically: Separate prisoners, flood guards in places where you can't separate prisoners, and keep at least two walls between them and freedom at all times.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Mark Of The Ninja: Had difficulty getting used to the objectionable saving system and its very contextual climbing controls (press space to go pretty much everywhere), but now I'm pretty much whipping about every level dropping bloody corpses left and right. Man, I was hoping for it to be exactly the 2D-Batman-Arkham game that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Mark Of The Ninja: Had difficulty getting used to the objectionable saving system and its very contextual climbing controls (press space to go pretty much everywhere), but now I'm pretty much whipping about every level dropping bloody corpses left and right. Man, I was hoping for it to be exactly the 2D-Batman-Arkham game that it is.
    I found that Mark of the Ninja, was better enjoyed with the pad, which I felt alleviated some of the issues you mentioned, sure movement can be a little 'sticky' but it's still one of the best 2d stealth games of recent times, enjoy!

After 50 years of precidency, my economy seems to be looking up. Always juggling with debt in the end of the year then suddenly, BOOM! Huge wads of cash, just like that. I think I need to expand on tourism and the booze business a bit more. Oil (obviously) and weapons seem to be very lucrative right now. The rest of the world must've been busy killing each other, I guess
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Because it had Steam cards and I couldn't remember why I stopped playing it, I installed and played a bit of A.R.E.S.

I remember why I'd stopped playing it quite early on too - the core game is lovely but it has a couple of snags which are quite offputting.

1 it does things like getting you to spend a tonne of cash on upgrades and then giving you a whole new weapon 2 mins later
    2 the bosses are nasty, random and horrible horrible horrible.

Shame - it does everything else quite well really - tighter boss encounters (ones you can actually avoid the attacks of and not 'jump now or die' ones) and it would be a decent little title.

I dropped Unepic as there is only so much terrible writing and awful jokes I can take.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    My first character in Torchlight 2 was an embermage who did nothing but spam prismatic bolt. It's basically TL2's answer to Diablo 2's hammerdin. At around level 35 I had to reroll because it was just too powerful and too boring.
    Berserker is much more engaging and so is the outlander.
    Meanwhile I started up Torchlight 2 again, mainly to prove that the prismatic bolt really is that powerful and to get at least one character past act 3.
    to wound the autumnal city.

After going through some of the bundle games (Thomas Was Alone, Ting & Big, Walking Dead, Little Inferno) then a return to Left 4 Dead 2 (still had a zombie itch after WD), I'm now taking great pleasure in both Torchlight and King of Dragon Pass.

Quick question on Torchlight- is T2 significantly better than the first?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    After going through some of the bundle games (Thomas Was Alone, Ting & Big, Walking Dead, Little Inferno) then a return to Left 4 Dead 2 (still had a zombie itch after WD), I'm now taking great pleasure in both Torchlight and King of Dragon Pass.

Quick question on Torchlight- is T2 significantly better than the first?
    In terms of variety and gameplay: Yes, yes, a thousand times yes
    In terms of balance: No. Torchlight 1 was definitely too easy, but T2 is just balanced very poorly. The default setting is WAY too easy if you have even a passing understanding of the genre, but the next notch up is balanced for either co-op or multiple runs through areas and quests. It isn't a huge issue until maybe the third chapter when you enter an area with three champions who can all one-shot you.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    KSP and a bit of HL2 so i can earn those stupid cards.

[QUOTE=Gerbick;321293]King of Dragon Pass/QUOTE]
    How fares your clan?
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Theme Hospital.

I really wish these type of kinds would make a return.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Meanwhile I started up Torchlight 2 again, mainly to prove that the prismatic bolt really is that powerful and to get at least one character past act 3.
    That was my main complaint about Torchlight 2, it's too easy to paint yourself in a corner with a "right click to kill the whole universe" build.

Action-RPGs are already pretty repetitive by design so if you can annihilate everything by spamming an overpowered attack all day it turns boring real quick. You'll still get occasionally one-shotted in Elite and NG+++ but most of the time you just don't have to even look at the screen.

It's really sad too because there are a lot of things I like about the game, the art style is perfect, the mapworks is a genius idea and so on but I just can't stand its combat for long unless I'm willingly gimping myself. Last time I played I actually made an "underpowered on purpose" engineer just so it would be more interesting but still ended up having to "forbid" myself from overusing some of my abilities in order to avoid blowing everything to bits.

I was also surprised at how few people were actually playing it online last time I checked, a shame since I've always found these kind of games more enjoyable with one or two co-adventurers.

Still playing the secret world (just in Egypt now, my god the first Island goes on forever).

And still playing LoL, 5 matches - 5 wins, 100% record still intact :D
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

[QUOTE=Voon;321329]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    King of Dragon Pass/QUOTE]
    How fares your clan?
    OK. I keep failing at the tribe quest, so am now woefully short on decent combat chars for my ring. And I have this ugly dude who keeps wanting a wife. He's had 2 already.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Any upcoming stealth games beside Splinter Cell,Thief and MGS ??

Finished Torchlight 2 on veteran difficulty. The final dungeon took forever but I found some neat gear that boosted my already enormous damage output to astronomical levels. 6000-20000 damage per prismatic bolt and you shoot five at once, forever. They also burn, poison, shock and freeze. Both final bosses went down in seconds.

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Still playing Company of Heroes 2. Tried some skirmishes as the Wehrmacht. Total ez-mode compared to Soviets.

1) PzIVs are anti-everything.
    2) PzIVs don't have to worry about Soviet heavy tanks, because there are no Soviet heavy tanks. What, IS2? Pah! They made it ludicrously expensive and then put it in a commander that doesn't have Guards with their PTRSs, which means you can just attack-move all day.
    3) When your opponent actually uses the Guard Motor doctrine, he's still at a disadvantage because Guards Rifles are expensive to replace and T34/85s can only come out two at a time, making them the most expensive call-in in the game.

When I play Soviets, I must use combined arms to win the day, because the Germans have superior armor. Thus, Soviet play is basically this:

Step 1) Use incredible mass of conscripts to take and hold fuel by hook or by crook to deny Germans the use of armor
    Step 2) Predict when and where the next German units will show up so you can pull out the two counters to it
    Step 3) Step over the bodies of your fallen comrades
    Step 4) Puuush!
    Step 5) Climb over the bodies of your fallen comrades
    Step 6) Victory!

With the Germans it's simpler:

Step 1) Take fuel
    Step 2) Build hella bunkers around fuel
    Step 3) Armor!
    Step 4) Victory!

Best I've done with Soviets was 2:1. I just finished a German game with 9:1. There was a PzIV that had 64 kills and still wasn't Vet 3. Slacker.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I finaly started Borderlands 2, which I received in january for my B-day...

As I am playing solo, Axton looked like a good character, but I've played the first one mainly with Roland, so I went for something a bit different and took Zero.

So far I am glad I did, it's another experience to play with a Sniper. It's not always easy to aim for the head when enemies run everywhere but it's fun to make huge critical hits while using you clone as a decoy.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I finaly started Borderlands 2, which I received in january for my B-day...

As I am playing solo, Axton looked like a good character, but I've played the first one mainly with Roland, so I went for something a bit different and took Zero.

So far I am glad I did, it's another experience to play with a Sniper. It's not always easy to aim for the head when enemies run everywhere but it's fun to make huge critical hits while using you clone as a decoy.
    I loved the first BL but I keep smashing into BL2 and finding it boring - and I hate the graphical style, esp in the early levels - it just looks forced and naff...