Page 783 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 283683733773781782783784785793833883 ... LastLast
Results 15,641 to 15,660 of 23623
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I suck at Borderlands 2... It's not even funny. I am only level 11 and already died a dozen times. I tend to go to far ahead with my fragile Zero... and the sniper rifle is so slow to reload that if I miss too much... and I miss often because my aim sucks... well i am screwed. I guess I should try other weapons for closer range and invest in melée later on.

Well I am having fun anyway.
    If you're struggling it always helps to make absolutely sure your shield is up to scratch (when there's a five level gap between you and your shield you really should grab the very next thing you find). Also completing side quests will keep you in a good spot, if you try to rush through and only do story quests you'll be completely out of your depth. Oh and this might help: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/El...#Borderlands_2. Basically, use elemental damage whenever you can and always have a good Slag weapon to hand. if you find any Plasma Casters I strongly suggest using them, they're awesome. Finally, as you're playing as Zer0, I'd recommend boosting his melee ability and when you get the Law pistol keep hold of it as it doubles your melee damage. There is an obvious downfall to a melee build though and that's the fact that you'll suck when it comes to certain bosses and any flying enemies, but on the plus side you'll have a weapon that always levels with you and it has infinite ammo. When you get the Order (quite late in the game) to go with your Law you'll also be able to regenerate health by meleeing stuff.

Well, I played Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep last night at L_No's request, the main story missions and one hilarious Dark Souls piss-take side quest took 220 minutes according to Steam but that included a toilet break and about 5-10 minutes of putting the dogs out and then to bed. No, they're not euphemisms. Otherwise I rushed through it, I ran away from one or two fights because I just couldn't be bothered (a couple of the new enemies are cheap as hell because their attack rates are too high).

Personally I really liked it, the new areas are pretty, er, pretty and... Bear with me here... It's more linear than the other DLCs (note: I haven't touched Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt yet). In that it's entirely linear. That's a good thing because I don't know about you, but I got fucking sick of traversing fairly large, open, empty, bland spaces over and over (especially in Captain Scarlett's thing) again as I took a quest, did the quest and came back again to get the next quest. This time you get a quest, go to the goal, get the next quest and so on until the end. I can only think of two occasions where I had to retrace my steps to find an objective. I played as a lv.50 Axton in TVH mode and relied almost entirely on a Bee and Unkempt Harold, but my Hawkeye and Conference Call also got some use.

On the subject of enemies, it's a mixed bag really. There are two types of skeletons I really appreciated and two types I really, really didn't. I won't ruin the surprise, but it's nice that there are actually entirely new models this time. I don't think I got any quest reward gear and the only new items I found were the 'magic' Maliwan grenade mods that regenerate grenade ammo over time, but I didn't use them.
    Last edited by neema_t; 26-06-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Network Hub
    So iRacing has grabbed me by the balls and refuses to let go. Loving the Skip Barber, such a fun little car to throw around.

Fuck. YES. FUCK. I FINALLY WON A DOTA MATCH! Juggernaut's a fucking beast and I managed to kill about six heroes with him. Not really impressive but man, I've never killed anyone in there before. Thought of trying out some other heroes to see which is good for me. Maybe some intelligence heroes but not so sure...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Fuck. YES. FUCK. I FINALLY WON A DOTA MATCH! Juggernaut's a fucking beast and I managed to kill about six heroes with him. Not really impressive but man, I've never killed anyone in there before. Thought of trying out some other heroes to see which is good for me. Maybe some intelligence heroes but not so sure...
    Seriously. Dota2. Do yourself that favour. Same game, looks a thousand times better. If you don't have an invite, me or pretty much any other RPSer in existence can send you one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Now that snipers are no longer invisible in CoH2, I am much less effective with them. I will be good at this game. I'm determined. But not this day. Meanwhile, struggling to use german fighters in war thunder, primarily because, unlike low tier japanese fighters, low tier german fighters are really... bad. Second rate italian fighters with no ammo capacity. The HE112 is potentially non-awful, but struggles with being what appears to statistically be a turn fighter. Low top speed and incredibly poor handling characteristics at anything approaching 'moderately quick' means I tend to end up dead if a fight lasts more than a couple of seconds, and escape options are negligible.

Hells, I miss my zeroes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Now that snipers are no longer invisible in CoH2, I am much less effective with them.
    They're invisible when in cover, so no "Hide in Plain Sight" a la D&D anymore.

I like 'em this way: It means they should be used to harass and can be countered if left alone. I especially like the Soviet two-(wo)man teams.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Seriously. Dota2. Do yourself that favour. Same game, looks a thousand times better. If you don't have an invite, me or pretty much any other RPSer in existence can send you one.
    This seems appropriate:

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    text
    Thanks for your reply, definitely sounds like something I should pick up sometime.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    They're invisible when in cover, so no "Hide in Plain Sight" a la D&D anymore.

I like 'em this way: It means they should be used to harass and can be countered if left alone. I especially like the Soviet two-(wo)man teams.
    It's certainly something I just need to adjust to. That and the fact that they miss semi-regularly too. It just turned the singleplayer mission 4 into something a little different than I expected, since I had to keep my poor freezing infantrymen close to provide support fire, when in most RTS games 'commando missions' it's usually one or two units working solo. I do actually prefer this, since it seems to change their role from mystical invisible battlefield ninja to something closer to a designated marksman? I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    It's certainly something I just need to adjust to. That and the fact that they miss semi-regularly too. It just turned the singleplayer mission 4 into something a little different than I expected, since I had to keep my poor freezing infantrymen close to provide support fire, when in most RTS games 'commando missions' it's usually one or two units working solo. I do actually prefer this, since it seems to change their role from mystical invisible battlefield ninja to something closer to a designated marksman? I like that.
    Russian snipers miss occasionally. German snipers never miss. But Russian snipers have pointmen. German snipers do not.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm, sounds like a good change. I always found the snipers with sci-fi cloaking devices a bit odd. Cloaking in cover sounds good. Are they concealed in buildings? Another oddity of the original was that a sniper was most obvious when parked in a structure of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Hmm, sounds like a good change. I always found the snipers with sci-fi cloaking devices a bit odd. Cloaking in cover sounds good. Are they concealed in buildings? Another oddity of the original was that a sniper was most obvious when parked in a structure of some sort.
    I've never parked a sniper in a building for fear of mortars, so I honestly don't know.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, the building becomes marked as occupied by your sniper with a handy icon, so mortars are the least of your worries. The sniper's most fearsome predator (another sniper) will do the job much more reliably.

Well, the building becomes marked as occupied by your sniper with a handy icon, so mortars are the least of your worries. The sniper's most fearsome predator (another sniper) will do the job much more reliably.
    Pff. The sniper's most fearsome predator is a halftrack.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Pff. The sniper's most fearsome predator is a halftrack.
    OK, as someone who dabbled in CoH multiplayer and was never very good... I'm having trouble figuring this one out. Maybe because the only time I remember seeing a halftrack were the times I fielded one. Are you having me on?

OK, as someone who dabbled in CoH multiplayer and was never very good... I'm having trouble figuring this one out. Maybe because the only time I remember seeing a halftrack were the times I fielded one. Are you having me on?
    Halftracks and scout cars come out almost as quickly as snipers in vanilla and just as quickly as snipers in the sequel. It's simple: The sniper can't do anything at all to the light vehicle, but the light vehicle can chase down and murder the sniper. Hell, to do this even once makes up the cost of the vehicle.

Due to the size of the maps and the benefits of proper placement, scout cars and/or halftracks filled with engineers or penal squads on the Soviet side and flamethrower halftracks on the Ostheer side are part of a well-balanced anti-infantry force, where they were perhaps little more than mobile reinforcement spots in vanilla.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A half track nullifies snipers ability to peck away at squads too, and they can load in and chase the sniper, or reposition afflicted squads without having to lose ground, is probably my favourite thing in CoH1, not played 2 much.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Lego Lord of the Rings. I found a level that lets me play as Sauron and ride a sheep around running over Hobbiton.

F-all ya'll CoDs and BF's.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I normally played Wehrmacht, so snipers could come out pretty darned fast, and never had to face Panzer Elite with all those fast appearing vehicles. I wouldn't bother fielding a sniper against the Brits because there'd inevitably be a Bren carrier bopping around, even if at my level I didn't have to worry too much about recon Tommies being quick off the mark with Marksman. I don't know that I ever saw an American halftrack or felt all that threatened by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Lego Lord of the Rings. I found a level that lets me play as Sauron and ride a sheep around running over Hobbiton.

F-all ya'll CoDs and BF's.
    O_o

With this statement I guess I'll move up Lego LOTR at the front of my backlog.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem