Page 785 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795835885 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,700 of 23629
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Tried to play a bit of Borderlands 2 but was too tired... I don't like the savepoint system for short SP sessions. You always restart at the beggining of a zone with monsters respawned. Torchlight 2 does that perfectly.
    Sad but true. This is why I have never finished BL2.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Duck people. Nuff said!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Sad but true. This is why I have never finished BL2.
    This is probably why Steam says I've played it for as long as I have, more than half the time if I have to stop playing unexpectedly I'll leave it on rather than quit and have to re-do a section. Not really sure what they were thinking with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Re-started Fallout: New Vegas, since I never did get that far. Hardcore mode this time to keep things interesting.

...but suddenly sidelined by Waking Mars! It has me totally hooked (feels like I got most of the way through in one session). It establishes an intriguing and believable sci-fi world, through lots and lots of little details. Perhaps another reason it's so compelling is because you don't have to shoot anything?

I have been really enjoying Monaco recently. I love games that focus on stealth and evasion and to experience that in co-op sounded far to good to be true, as such, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the game during development. Surprisingly enough though, it absolutely nails the concept and I would highly recommend it to anyone with even a passing interest in stealth games. The game is also extremely challenging and is next to impossible in some of the bonus missions, a design decision I really appreciate as I am a masochist.

The only downside is you need a good friend or three to play it with. Barely anyone plays it in a open lobby and the few times I have found a game, the pubs seem clueless and rage quit or are just plain useless (I don't mind as I find the pressure of saving everyone by myself very thrilling and even more rewarding when I get it right...but understandably not for everyone).

Anyway, I am surprised this game isn't a bigger hit amongst the PC crowd as it does tick a lot of the right boxes. Currently only 2 friends in my ~100 friends list in Steam own the game and one of them is because I told to buy the game so I would have someone to play with. If anyone is on the fence about getting it, I would say to buy it and for everyone else, it is most certainly worth a purchase in a sale.

Begun The Walking Dead series. This is exactly the kind of cinematic story-telling I drool on, and so far (I should be nearing the end of Ep 1) I'm totally ensnared, far beyond my expectations: despite having heard a lot of good about it, I was kind of wary because I don't have much love for zombies etc.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

It's entirely possible to go through the entirety of NV without ever shooting anyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Re-started Fallout: New Vegas, since I never did get that far. Hardcore mode this time to keep things interesting.
    I really really hated Hardcore mode in FNV even though I completed one playthrough with it, it added nothing but tedious food/water/ammo micromanagement. Since everything is a-plenty in New Vegas and there is almost no danger of ever starving to death or running out of ammo, its all felt pointless and actually a bit stupid because you need a mod to bottle the water in FNV. I gues FNV is not balanced for bottling. All in all Hardcore just slowed the game for no good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    I really really hated Hardcore mode in FNV even though I completed one playthrough with it, it added nothing but tedious food/water/ammo micromanagement. Since everything is a-plenty in New Vegas and there is almost no danger of ever starving to death or running out of ammo, its all felt pointless and actually a bit stupid because you need a mod to bottle the water in FNV. I gues FNV is not balanced for bottling. All in all Hardcore just slowed the game for no good reason.
    I found that the game is infinitely better with jsawyer's mod installed for that same reason. Faster dehydration/starvation rates coupled with severely reduced carry weight capacity made things a lot more interesting. It also makes food and water a lot less common, iirc. Hardcore mode gets rid of stimpack insta healing and companion immortality as well, so there's that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestledwithgod View Post
    I found that the game is infinitely better with jsawyer's mod installed for that same reason. Faster dehydration/starvation rates coupled with severely reduced carry weight capacity made things a lot more interesting. It also makes food and water a lot less common, iirc. Hardcore mode gets rid of stimpack insta healing and companion immortality as well, so there's that.
    Project Nevada is, of course, even better for this purpose (jsawyer's is basically PNlite), but even with extensive changes NV just isn't a very good post-apocalyptic survival game because there's too much civilization. Ultimately, I still prefer FO3 with Wanderer's Edition for that exact reason.

Getting back to ADoM once again. Man, I hate ants. And ghosts. And claw bugs. And karmic lizards. Scratch that, I hate most of the enemies I encounter early on. Especially when trying to play some elven Elementalist or Wizard, since those barely survive the first floor of the tiny cave, not to speak of the puppy cave, whereas my Dwarf Paladin or Troll Healer just walz in and bash some heads. Except those ants and claw bugs. Fuck 'em.

I found Project Nevada to be a little too much in-your-face about being a mod for my tastes. Either way, I personally enjoyed the frontier vibe New Vegas went for. FO3 is just FO1 all over again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm playing Super Splatters (was The Splatters on XBOX - originally Confetti Carnival) - it's bloody excellent :)

Was playing FF Tactics A2 (great mechanics, horrible horrible story) but my DSi just died :(

I didn't know it was even possible to kill that console.

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    Was playing FF Tactics A2 (great mechanics, horrible horrible story) but my DSi just died :(

I didn't know it was even possible to kill that console.
    I killed one too... components where rusted... I don't know how. Bought a new one the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Obscure Node
    Endless Space and Stardrive are both on sale at Steam. Which one would you choose? "Neither" is a valid choice.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Looking for advice on these two games but I can't start a new post (how many posts do I have to have anyway?), and I'm looking for something new to play so in a roundabout way it fits here :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MentatYP View Post
    Endless Space and Stardrive are both on sale at Steam. Which one would you choose? "Neither" is a valid choice.
    This thread may be of interest: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ire-Rebellions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Getting back to ADoM once again. Man, I hate ants. And ghosts. And claw bugs. And karmic lizards. Scratch that, I hate most of the enemies I encounter early on. Especially when trying to play some elven Elementalist or Wizard, since those barely survive the first floor of the tiny cave, not to speak of the puppy cave, whereas my Dwarf Paladin or Troll Healer just walz in and bash some heads. Except those ants and claw bugs. Fuck 'em.
    One of my favorite tricks in ADOM when a tough monster spawned and I was in danger of getting whacked, was dancing around an altar, until the monster finally stepped on it. A quick finger flick of the 'O' button, and it's done :D
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    One of my favorite tricks in ADOM when a tough monster spawned and I was in danger of getting whacked, was dancing around an altar, until the monster finally stepped on it. A quick finger flick of the 'O' button, and it's done :D
    I tend to have piss-poor luck finding altars in tiny cave and the puppy cave (not that I'd remain in tiny cave any longer than I have to grab the blanket), so this is quite impossible to do. But well, stairdancing is always a good trick to get groups of baddies into more manageable position, but still, whenever I see a claw bug I go into full panic mode. Or them ants. Bastards have way too high DV (or is it PV? Anyway) for squishy sub-10 level characters.

It wasn't really a suggestion, more of a fun memory triggered by your post. I remember going out to meet with my best friend (a fellow ADOM player), that day I found about it, and we had an 'evil cackle' discussing what looked to us like a terribly clever new technique. Unfortunately we were in the company of what is usually described as normal human beings, the reaction of those who overheard the exchange was the usual mix of "???" and rolling their eyes because of childishness of it all. But that was long before WoW and, most importantly, WoW moms.