Page 786 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 286686736776784785786787788796836886 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,720 of 23789
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Begun The Walking Dead series. This is exactly the kind of cinematic story-telling I drool on, and so far (I should be nearing the end of Ep 1) I'm totally ensnared, far beyond my expectations: despite having heard a lot of good about it, I was kind of wary because I don't have much love for zombies etc.
    It gets better and better. Personally, I loved it.

As it is for myself, I don't have the time to play anything right now. :-/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Been playing Divinity 2, almost at the Battle Tower.

The game is a LOT less frustrating as a battle mage. Mostly just spamming magic spells, but I can also charge into melee to cut enemies down (VERY useful against ranged foes).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

On the downside, my internet is shittastically slow, so I'm putting off downloading DotA 2 until I have a better connection. On the bright side, I'm pretty much owning everything with the Juggernaut. With Battle Fury + Mask of Madness + Sange and Yasha, ol' Yunero wrecks pretty much anything. Creeps, at least. By then, Omnislash at level 3 destroys any heroes that comes in close contact when the creeps are all but little gibs that what used to be them.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Rogue Legacy

I have not yet decided whether the controls suck or if it is me, in fact, who sucks. Perhaps both.

Using a Razor pad based on the 360 controller. Loving the style, music and humor of the game but I do wish they found a way to make it as difficult but with a different control/movement style. It feels off to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Mission 8: Tiger Hunting in Company of Heroes 2 is fantastically difficult on General for the first half, and then fantastically easy for the second half, ie: When you're supposed to take down a Tiger with only infantry, and when you hijack that same Tiger.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Bought Defender's Quest for 5 bucks this morning, apparently played it for 8 hours straight.

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, been playing this quite a bit over the past few days (In the closed beta). Dunno if there's an NDA involved (Didn't have to agree to one as far as I know).

Excellent time sink and had plenty of fun with it. Even mixes up the F2P formula quite a bit as well (i.e. You CAN buy the more expensive stuff with "OMG REAL MONEYZ" but it can also be earned within an hour or two with in game currency, and there's the real time upgrading of your castles buildings that is, thankfully, not painfully long) well worth a look even for a while.

Just started Rogue Legacy too, good fun...just not sure if it's my "thing" or not yet. A few more blasts (Yes, I suck, into my 15th+ generation and I don't make it very far) and I'll be able to say.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Network Hub
    Rooks Keep, although still waiting for people to acknowledge it's existence so that I can play online and only against bots. Trying to mod for it now though.
    A bit of Heroes of Newerth like usual.
    And Spiderman Shattered dreams, which so far isn't exactly what I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    It gets better and better. Personally, I loved it.
    I hope so, Episode 2 just kept making me feel like there was no right choice and all I could do was only fuck everything up more, but in different ways, leaving me with the doubt whether it was a success for the game, a failure for me as a human being, or simply a failure for us both.

The element that worked best for me in the first game was Clem. At some point I was looking at the screen and asking aloud, what the fsck are you waiting for to make physical contact with her, you dork? I tried to stay true to myself this round too, and I could only do that to an extent. So, after all, that may be a success for the game - because you can't really protect your loved ones from everything all the time, and most importantly, not from yourself.

Guess I'll just lull myself to sleep tonight: "there was nothing else you could do / you did everything you could".
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    Bought Defender's Quest for 5 bucks this morning, apparently played it for 8 hours straight.
    I really enjoyed Defender's for about 50 hours but then I hit my skill/grind/patience gradient and never played it again. No regrets it was time we'll enjoyed.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I hope so, Episode 2 just kept making me feel like there was no right choice and all I could do was only fuck everything up more, but in different ways, leaving me with the doubt whether it was a success for the game, a failure for me as a human being, or simply a failure for us both.

The element that worked best for me in the first game was Clem. At some point I was looking at the screen and asking aloud, what the fsck are you waiting for to make physical contact with her, you dork? I tried to stay true to myself this round too, and I could only do that to an extent. So, after all, that may be a success for the game - because you can't really protect your loved ones from everything all the time, and most importantly, not from yourself.

Guess I'll just lull myself to sleep tonight: "there was nothing else you could do / you did everything you could".
    I found with Episode 2 that most of it felt like "YOU ARE TERRIBLE! SCREW YOU!". Thankfully Episode 3 picks up the pace and story, making it much more heart wrenching. I haven't actually been back to TWD since Ep. 5 came out because I can't face it again. Manly tears and all.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, been playing this quite a bit over the past few days (In the closed beta). Dunno if there's an NDA involved (Didn't have to agree to one as far as I know).
    I have not checked in on that since the very first alpha, I should check on my castle to see if it's still there...

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I really enjoyed Defender's for about 50 hours but then I hit my skill/grind/patience gradient and never played it again. No regrets it was time we'll enjoyed.
    Yeah I get the feeling I'll just stop playing it forever at some point but for a game that I intended to play for about ten minutes it is really addictive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014. Illusions seem even more powerful than in 2012 this time round...
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Banned
    Well you know I don't play videogames. That's for the plebes.

But I've been looking at CoH2 info this morning and... it's the same game isn't it? It's CoH. It's the same damn game except americans are called russians and look and sound different.

Yeah, some few units were changed slightly. But really? The resource system is the same, the race dynamics are the same, even the doctrines are largely identical. God dammit Relic.

Also, I'm afraid I won't enjoy the game because I've read some books about "The Great Patriotic War" and I bet they misrepresented everything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    the race dynamics are the same
    oh you

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The amount of 'defend this point' missions in CoH is slowly but surely helping me recover my ability to be in many places at once. I'm enjoying it, actually. I used to hate defending the point missions, but in all honesty, the game's a little passive when it lets you go on the offensive, and along with free conscripts, victory is only ever in doubt if the enemy is pushing you with 5 halftracks and a stug division.

Maybe this changes in later levels though, I'm on mission six or something, and playing on medium difficulty; it's not gonna be too tough at this point.

Finished Hotline Miami, secret ending and all.
    Brilliant game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014.
    Same here.

Playing Borderlands 2... Got a new screen. An Acer 223w. It's an amazing upgrade form my old 19 inch one... the image is so much clearer too, color are really brighter contrast is deeper...

Plus it was free, a friend of mine gave it to me because he just bought a new 27 inch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

FTL.

Ripped off one part of the flagship with the Kestrel. My Rock boarding party was still on the damn monster when it jumped again. Argh! And then I died...

Unlocked the Bulwark cruiser, though :)