Page 789 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 289689739779787788789790791799839889 ... LastLast
Results 15,761 to 15,780 of 22699
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    And now a question: is the original Crusader Kings worth my time (given that Amazon haven't given me another chance yet to nab the whole of CK2 supahcheap), and if so, any advice for tutorials/letsplay/whatev to have a less rocky start?
    The original was lovely in its day, but CK2 completely supplants it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Finished Ego Draconis or whatever the first part of Divinity 2 is, working my way through the expansion with a HUGE XP debt due to mind reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Mortal Kombat - 100% awesome. I played it on the PS3 but this is the first time I'm going through the story. I'm a complete noob and I find the second difficulty out of five challenging. Perhaps the keyboard will feel better than the 360 controller...
    I really enjoyed the story mode on the PS3. Was fun in that it combined references to the series while also changing things up. Just keep in mind the difficulty increases with a wonderful progression right up until the final battle. But it is a fighting game and I suspect you can figure out who the final boss is, so one expects it to be cheap and unfair, I guess.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Slow week for me...

I played a bit of Borderlands 2, 15 hours in. I am still having fun, I am still dying around bosses (but i sense it's getting better with the talents points). I don't think I'll play this game more than one playtrough though.

Started Don't starve again. I hadn't played it since the beta... It's an amazing game, with lots to discover. I am on my 18th day... I made a small camp protected by weak walls.. I died of hunger but was revived thanks to a shrine i discovered.

I still have trouble finding food... I have to find cows somewhere to start a farm if I don't want to ... starve.

Now that Ninja Gaiden is over, I started playing Oddworld: Stranger's wrath... It's a cool game with an amazing setting, but the controls on the vita are difficult (even a bit shitty) (I wish I could de active the rear screen, I keep zoomiing at the worst time).

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

I love games that have a great atmosphere and The Swapper is a very easy addition to that list. The graphics, music and ambient sounds combine superbly while the puzzles are nice and juicy too.

Still trying to get my head around Natural Selection 2's most recent update, which changed the balance in almost everything in the whole game. I don't think the newbies enticed by the recent sale have been impressed when even the veteran players aren't able to answer their questions!

Magic 2014's brand new sealed mode is a lot of fun. Winning with a deck you've constructed yourself feels very rewarding.

Also replaying Thief: Deadly Shadows. I still love this game - can't quite understand the hate it gets. Need more first person games with full-body mantling - climbing stuff is fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Also replaying Thief: Deadly Shadows. I still love this game - can't quite understand the hate it gets. Need more first person games with full-body mantling - climbing stuff is fun.
    Yes to the NS2 thingy, and maybe Mirrors Edge?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Well, now I've actually finished Hotline Miami for reals, bonus chapter and all.
    Didn't get A+ in all chapters but I'm not that sick.
    I've been also dabbling into Crusader Kings 2. I'm falling in love with it even though I don't understand half of it. I'm in my first crusade and It's going terribly bad for me. I still don't fully understand the subtleties of combat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Finished replaying SR3 in anticipation of SR4. Much love for that game. As a compare and contrast I've recently started replaying GTA IV and it's just feels so utterly leaden and ponderous in comparison.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    FTL, playing on easy because I might as well try it. Got all the way to the boss ship on my first playthrough, beat it once and then let it go. Fought two rebel ships that hurt me more than it did on the way to get missiles. On the second time dronesplosion murdered me. Started an Engi game and died in the first fight. Did it again and now I'm low on drones, low on fuel, low on scrap, and hopelessly overmatched.

Killed 2 people by accidentally shutting off my oxygen in a fight because I am so smart.

Banned
    FTL on normal. Trying to figure out what a good build is. I get 2 shields asap but between upgrading power as well, no idea what to get. Unlocked the engi ship.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Alpha Protocol
    Also i'm trying to pay real attention to the plot which I think i'm getting the gist of it even if I did miss a couple of cut scenes (No pause button on cut scenes, why oh why)
    Pressing start should do it, unless you're not using a controller, in which case I'm not sure where the start button is. The keyboard makes the hacking very tricky and more importantly has no walk button so you can't stroll cooly away from an explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    FTL on normal. Trying to figure out what a good build is. I get 2 shields asap but between upgrading power as well, no idea what to get. Unlocked the engi ship.
    Try subsystems. Upgraded doors let you suffocate most boarders. Upgraded sensors let you target enemy crewmembers with low health to have a chance of capturing the ship intact, and they're also very good for blue text options. Upgraded oxygen gives you some system redundancy so one hit won't start draining your reserves. I don't usually have a reason to upgrade the medbay but it also gives you some blue text options, one of which you need to unlock a ship. But you might like an upgraded medbay because it heals your crew even when their lungs are void of air.

As a general rule, I usually don't start upgrading my shields until I have 100 scrap that I don't want to spend on anything else; exactly the cost of a shield bubble and the energy to power it.

Made a run with the Red-Tail yesterday and absolutely obliterated. I replaced one basic laser with a dual laser, another one with a Heavy Laser I, and kept a Breach II bomb in reserve for the boss. Also got a teleporter in the third sector, and I got another Mantis added to my crew when I turned against the Engi that were chasing it, which made a nice boarding party together with the Mantis I already had. Add a Scrap Recovery Arm, an Automated Re-Loader and a Defense Drone II to the mix and there was nothing that could touch me. I don't care what anyone says, winning is way more fun than losing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Are level 3 upgraded sensors worthwhile?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    As a general rule, I usually don't start upgrading my shields until I have 100 scrap that I don't want to spend on anything else; exactly the cost of a shield bubble and the energy to power it.
    What happens when you encounter a ship in an asteroid fieldor or near a sun?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Are level 3 upgraded sensors worthwhile?
    I live by tech 2 as I'm a emp+fire beam bastard who loves salvaging ships.

Sensors 3 is a complete waste of time.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post

What happens when you encounter a ship in an asteroid fieldor or near a sun?
    Usually the enemy's weapons don't fire fast enough to do substantially more damage in the intervals where my shield is down after being impacted by an asteroid, so unless the enemy ship has an anti-ship drone, you can usually take down their shields before they do the same to yours, at which point the asteroid field becomes their problem. I always upgrade my doors first so solar flares are pretty manageable, so long as your shields remain operational. A solar flare with one shield bubble up doesn't cause more than one or two fires, and they're easily vented.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sensors 3 is a complete waste of time.
    Indeed. The only situation in which Sensors 3 would actually be useful is when the enemy has a system that's unpowered but available, which could give you a nasty surprise as they might launch a drone at you once you take down their weapons, but the only time that could ever happen is in an ion storm, where your sensors are useless.

If the enemy ships weren't designed in such a way that they always have exactly as much energy they need to power all of their systems, I might see some more use for it.
    Last edited by LTK; 05-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.

The first thing I upgrade in FTL is engines. Because the only thing better than a blocked projectile is an evaded projectile.

Pro tip: After a tough fight, never teleport your boarding party into a teleporter room without oxygen! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    A solar flare with one shield bubble up doesn't cause more than one or two fires, and they're easily vented.

Shields have influence on the number of fires? Interesting...
    Last edited by Ernesto; 05-07-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I bought They Bleed Pixels because it was cheap (GMG) and I liked the Giant Bomb quicklook

I was prepared for it being NAILS hard

It is NAILS HARD but I love it - I love how I've spent eons on just the first level looking for stuff and perfecting bigger scores and better ways of getting through it.

OK - it's a retro pixelart (fixed resolution) platformer - that may be offputting to some - but it's got fantastic controls and some genuinely original ideas (you earn score which unlocks checkpoints you place as you see fit).

It also uses words like Eldritch - what's not to like?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Pressing start should do it, unless you're not using a controller, in which case I'm not sure where the start button is. The keyboard makes the hacking very tricky and more importantly has no walk button so you can't stroll cooly away from an explosion.
    There's definitely a pause key for cutscenes. I have a feeling it's ESCAPE, seeing as SPACE fast-forwards the scenes. The keyboard for hacking was fine, it's the mouse that can be a prick. You get used to it, but still, having the left sequence controlled by WASD and the right by the arrow keys would have worked so much better.

I am playing Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. It is very good. Once you customize the controls and get used to the rhythm of it then it is a very satisfying platformer.

Tried out the original Crusader Kings, the interface looks a bit cluttered and the map confusing to me, but I might have managed to reproduce the trademark "I don't know what I'm doing, I'll just poke around and stuff will happen to me" gameplay. An hour flew by without much of a notice.

Then Children of the Nile caught my eye and felt like giving it a spin: went for the first of the in-depth tutorials, which is clear enough but a bit slow/hollow (you just do what you're told and wait for the results), and that alone took an hour; when I was done I finally realized it was only Episode 1 of the first Season of tutorials :o The level of detail seems quite amazing while the UI looks smooth even though it lacks the visual polish of more recent games. I'm gonna try to stick with it for a while, but maybe saving the in-depth tutorials for later.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"