Page 790 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 290690740780788789790791792800840890 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,800 of 24090
    Banned
    Got fed up and played FTL on easy mode. Beat it in one go. My end set up was Ion bomb, burst laser 2, 3-damage-per-room-beam, anti-missile drone and cloak. I teleported my two mantises into the rebel cruiser but there were just too damn many guys in there and i spent more time trying to damage their healing pod than anything. So I recalled one of my mantises back (the other one died) and focused my ion bombs and burst lasers on the shield. It went down and i cut through 3 rooms with the beam. Rinse and repeat, voila. I gotta say, I was swimming in cash on easy mode right up to the end.

But holy crap ion bomb is awesome. 4 ion damage? I'm guessing that means all 4 power bars. How is anyone supposed to keep their shields up against a teleporting ion bomb??

It's Homeworld 2 Complex time! http://www.homeworld2complex.com/index.html

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Playing CoH2, waiting for Civ5:BNW to come out.

TLAs... TLAs everywhere...
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Due to house moving and having no machine bar a naff laptop its back to the anime stuffs.
    Recettear is back on the playlist. I forgot how much entertainment this is! Yes it can be a grind later on, but the early game of balancing income with outgoing while watching the market prices on the side is far more fun then it should be.

Network Hub
    Played a bit of Civ V OCC as Thailand, I was doing ok before Rome started steam-rolling the world. Also my culture took a nose-dive for about 100 years for no obvious reason which left me a bit behind considering I was going for the Utopia project and was now no longer getting a new Edict every ten turns or so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Rogue Legacy is a roguelike Metroidvania dungeon platformer. When you die (and you will die), that character is gone and the burden falls on the next family member to brave the dungeon. You get to pick between three randomly generated ones each time, and usually each has their own class and unique traits. The key is to collect as much gold as you can to pay for the massive number of upgrades at your own castle, till gradually the heroes you produce get more and more powerful.

I'm enjoying it. The whole taking control of a family member after the parent dies is something I've been thinking about since Fable. Still don't quite get wizards. The lich class is cool though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by friskydingo View Post
    I am playing Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. It is very good. Once you customize the controls and get used to the rhythm of it then it is a very satisfying platformer.
    I pulled-the-trigger on that too - I knew it was probably a mistake as I'm SHIT at those games but I've easily had my money's worth today alone.

It's going to get grim tho - I've only reached the Key Vault on the first level and it's kicking-my-teeth-in - actually opening that vault was hard enough but there's an (optional - for score) bit near the end of that which is one of those "don't look at the screen - listen to the music" bits, except the music just goes nuts and it's a bit too far from the nearest checkpoint to make practicing it easy (this is generally true of the whole game - just a BIT more muscle memory required than I'd like).

It is satisfying to play tho - in exactly the way that SHIT like Temple Run isn't :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Back to Fallout: New Vegas to finally finish up my (likely only) playthrough. Coming back after a long absence is helpful in dumping the equivocation and cutting straight to tough decisions, so rather than continuing to dick around getting everything just-so I'm taking the most expedient paths in most of my remaining quests. I do still want to give the non-Dead-Money DLC's a shot, too, so this may take a bit of time. On the up side, I'm enjoying being back, for all that I wish there was more exploration/survival substance to the game.

Playing Borderlands 2 in multiplayer. We've been trying to play Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode while playing the new DLC, but it's proved to be a bad combination. The DLC itself is sizable, funny, and generally pretty great, but UVHM makes everything into a terrible grind by making the entire game even bullet spongier than normal. Rather than continue to ruin things for ourselves, I think we've finally decided to restart the DLC in True Vault Hunter instead. Hopefully it won't be too easy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Due to house moving and having no machine bar a naff laptop its back to the anime stuffs.
    Recettear is back on the playlist. I forgot how much entertainment this is! Yes it can be a grind later on, but the early game of balancing income with outgoing while watching the market prices on the side is far more fun then it should be.
    I found it to be pretty easy later on. Once you have the capital it's so much easier to make a shittonne of money. Buy loads of high-end goods when cheap and wait until the price goes up, which it inevitably will for some things. I remember being at the second-to-last week with several million in the bank wondering how bad the final amount to pay would be. When I found out, I laughed out loud. I could have paid that fairy her blood money and probably bought her whole damn company.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I found it to be pretty easy later on. Once you have the capital it's so much easier to make a shittonne of money. Buy loads of high-end goods when cheap and wait until the price goes up, which it inevitably will for some things. I remember being at the second-to-last week with several million in the bank wondering how bad the final amount to pay would be. When I found out, I laughed out loud. I could have paid that fairy her blood money and probably bought her whole damn company.
    It was annoying for me because several times I was just waiting for the week to pass.

I'm playing Roche's path on the Witcher 2 and I realise I've forgotten most of what happens in this path already, unlike Iorveth's path which I pretty much know by heart. I'm trying to figure out what is happening on the opposite path if Geralt is not there to intervene. In the case of Roche's path, Stennis dies and Saskia does not get poisoned, but as far as I can tell the rest of the events in Vergen up to the battle do not change by lack of Geralt's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    But holy crap ion bomb is awesome. 4 ion damage? I'm guessing that means all 4 power bars. How is anyone supposed to keep their shields up against a teleporting ion bomb??
    4 power bars means 2 shield bubbles. The flagship has 4 shield bubbles, so I think if you could charge the weapon quickly enough to bomb twice in a row you can knock out all of its shields for a few seconds before it recovers.

I have now destroyed more Ostwind Flakpanzers than have ever actually been built.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I have now destroyed more Ostwind Flakpanzers than have ever actually been built.
    I need to carry on with that. I'm at Lublin but I've not actually done anything. The mission previous (radio silence) was basically 'mortars and artillery wreck the AI's shit' which is a relief, because I determinedly got the ribbon for not capturing the radio, and so spent the level having my snipers annihilated wherever they roamed by stukas.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I need to carry on with that. I'm at Lublin but I've not actually done anything. The mission previous (radio silence) was basically 'mortars and artillery wreck the AI's shit' which is a relief, because I determinedly got the ribbon for not capturing the radio, and so spent the level having my snipers annihilated wherever they roamed by stukas.
    Mortars are goddamn necessary on Poznan. Holy shit I would have no idea how to have assaulted Poznan on General difficulty without those bigass fuck-off 120mm mortars. Everything else is just fending off attacks long enough to get mortars into place.

Consequently, what's your Steam name?

P.S.:

Never ever

ever

ever should you ever

let partisans use a mortar.
    Last edited by Nalano; 07-07-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Mortars are goddamn necessary on Poznan. Holy shit I would have no idea how to have assaulted Poznan on General difficulty without those bigass fuck-off 120mm mortars. Everything else is just fending off attacks long enough to get mortars into place.

Consequently, what's your Steam name?

P.S.:

Never ever

ever

ever should you ever

let partisans use a mortar.
    "The Unicorn" - and I'll keep that in mind about partisans. Do you have any advice about deploying machineguns, by the way? I find that everything I presently use them for (area suppression of large infantry forces) tends to get done better with a combination of sniper and mortar squads, which get the desired result with a lot more enemy lethality and with better range.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    "The Unicorn" - and I'll keep that in mind about partisans. Do you have any advice about deploying machineguns, by the way? I find that everything I presently use them for (area suppression of large infantry forces) tends to get done better with a combination of sniper and mortar squads, which get the desired result with a lot more enemy lethality and with better range.
    In multiplayer and vs AI, Soviets are limited by their tech tree - four buildings split into two tiers, you usually only pick one building per tier - and as such are specialized. The building that summons mortar teams is also the building that summons machine gun teams, whereas the building that summons snipers doesn't have much operational depth unless you're also making heavy use of satchel charges, and even then you'll have trouble with light vehicles that machine guns can otherwise chew through.

Of course, the sniper building has more strategic depth, owing to the scout car and the ability to harass more or less all over the map, but as I said: Soviets are specialized. Building both, for instance, more or less asks to be out-teched by German armor.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Still playing don't starve... Man, the game can be ruthless...

Starting to get borred by borderlands 2... I went back to Warhammer 40k Spacemarine... This game is actually pretty good... It mixes mélée and shoting quite well and the combat is pretty fun. I just finished chapter 2.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Playing some Xcom, I am reminded why I never got along with any of the original games either. Fumbling those ten 50% shots in a row, I feel like there isn't much depth beyond praying to the RNG. The campaign part seems to come down to spamming satellites. It's not exactly bad but beyond the nice presentation there doesn't seem to be much going. I just think it's a step back from, say, Silent Storm.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    So..New mortal kombat,how is it ?? Anyone playing it ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I played it on the Xbox 360 a while back and thought singleplayer-wise it was one of the best fighting games in ages. Total Biscuit got his hands on the PC Komplete edition recently and seems to like it too.