Page 791 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801841891 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,820 of 21044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    So..New mortal kombat,how is it ?? Anyone playing it ?
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I played it on the Xbox 360 a while back and thought singleplayer-wise it was one of the best fighting games in ages. Total Biscuit got his hands on the PC Komplete edition recently and seems to like it too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Yeah it's REALLY good. Got the vita version free on PS+, and it's got MOUNTAINS of single player content. Very very well done game.
    Might as well wait for the summer sale though, with some luck it might get a 20 or 25%?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    So..New mortal kombat,how is it ?? Anyone playing it ?
    Played it on PS3, I positively love it and it is now my favorite fighting game (Tekken 3 was the previous winner, for the record).

The SP campaign is fun and has one of the best progressions I have seen in gaming. MK is known for stuff like endurance matches (fights where you need to take out multiple enemies with individual health bars while you only have the one), overly powerful bosses, and Shao Khan being a fucking asshole cheater. The SP campaign does a good job of making you feel prepared for each of those fights, with the exception of the final one (and to actually not feel like the AI is a cheater on that just wouldn't be right).

And I really like the fighting mechanics. Combos have diminishing returns so it is generally better to do a bunch of 2-5 hit combos rather than the "Yeah, I landed my 20 hit combo, you lose!" style of gameplay that Capcom made popular. Which makes for a much more methodical and "martial artsy" fights. It makes every hit matter and results in some gorgeous "realistic" dodges and blocks when you are engaging in close quarters while still having the hilarious "I am going to cancel your fireball by throwing my hat" at range.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    Is the fighting deep? Are the moves highly technical like Street Fighter or combo based like Tekken?

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Is the fighting deep? Are the moves highly technical like Street Fighter or combo based like Tekken?
    I am not sure what you mean by "highly technical", but I am not a fighting game officiado.

I think the diminishing returns discourage juggling and long combos, so I would put it more along the lines of Tekken in that you are going to actually use your basic attacks a lot and your "combos" are about stringing together two or three moves (some being multi-hit combos, others being single powerful attacks).

Also, be warned that defense is definitely "overpowered", but most characters have a way of breaking a block or at least manipulating the enemy into a vulnerable position.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Lately I played a game Helicopter Simulator: Search & Rescue and I think its great title. Not only for simulator funs, and its constantly improved. We can support and vote for it on greenlight, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=156121105. They also have nice, “fresh” forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_fly View Post
    They also have nice, “fresh” forum.
    So do we. Please either stop spamming it with your crap or go shove a rusty metal dildo up your wookie hole. Both work.

Used some greenmangaming credit to get Cargo Commander, so far I'm really enjoying it. I think it'll become my go-to game for short bursts for now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Used some greenmangaming credit to get Cargo Commander, so far I'm really enjoying it. I think it'll become my go-to game for short bursts for now.
    And yet momentarily heartwrenching at the same time.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

It certainly can be, that moment when gravity messes with you and you are really having trouble coming back...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    It certainly can be, that moment when gravity messes with you and you are really having trouble coming back...
    I was more thinking about letters from home but yeah, those roguelikes moments of hopelessness can be poignant.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    My ears almost bleed after listening to the new FLA album all day on repeat, but still I managed to play four games in DoW2R, even though playing without sound is less fun( Ork player here, Kommando Nob) and harder for obvious reasons.

1st game - vs Eldar warpspider. He went three Guardians but lost one early on which more or less crippled him. Rangers arrived late and didn't help him much. I beat him to T2 and had Wartrukk( I lost it though) and Weirdboy. Easy victory, though not without some luck( he lost his guardians while chasing a retreating almost dead shoota).

2nd game - vs Eldar warpspider( who would have thought). He used a more balanced build and even though I routed his army couple of times aerly on, I didn't power harrass enough and the guy managed to win a war of attrition. Good use of rangers on his behalf. Then the Wraithlord. And he razed my genfarm when he had the chance while I kinda forgot to do the same. I struggled hard but to no avail( though I killed the Wraithlord but it's not much to brag about with the best ranged AV hero in the game).

3rd game - vs Chaos Lord. Lost two squads early on. No chance. Got laughed on and mocked for being a noob( 1500+ hours in DoW2 but who cares). Well, that happens.

4th game - vs Eldar warpspider, again. He went two banshees and teleported them all of the time behind my ranged units. Good thing I expected this( two banshees + warpspider, isn't it obvious?) and managed to avoid the terrible terrible damage most of the time first by getting the hell outm then by using grenades. At least one of those attack ended with him losing one full squad of banshees( grenade+sluggas) and almost losing the second. Victory.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 07-07-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Got laughed on and mocked for being a noob( 1500+ hours in DoW2 but who cares).
    Noob is not a reflection of time invested.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I was more thinking about letters from home but yeah, those roguelikes moments of hopelessness can be poignant.
    Hmm, haven't really played enough to see that, but just from the first I can gess how theyll make me feel.

Tussling with 7 Grand Steps, but it's winning. It gets complicated once you get into the artisan class, and keeps getting complicated from there. Bloody neighbours keep making discoveries before I do and not sharing, admittedly because my characters for the last few generations have been a bit unlikeable. Perhaps I should've gone for more discovery challenges.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Ok, this is becoming clearer. Even the achievemts are charming, the mug one made me smile.

Another game of the Witcher 2 done. Man, FCR really fucks with the balance of the boss fights. Once I got Letho in an Yrden he was dead in three hits, and the dragon was done in about ten. So, deaths of note:

Aryan La Valette
    Bernard Loredo
    Marietta Loredo
    Margot
    Prince Stennis
    Adam Pangratt
    King Henselt
    Cecil Burdon
    Skalen Burdon
    Iorveth (?)
    Dethmold
    Síle de Tansarville
    The dragon
    Letho

I think that's all of the deaths that could have been prevented had I chosen otherwise. It was interesting playing the entire game in the worst case scenario.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Another game of the Witcher 2 done. Man, FCR really fucks with the balance of the boss fights. Once I got Letho in an Yrden he was dead in three hits, and the dragon was done in about ten. So, deaths of note:

Aryan La Valette
    Bernard Loredo
    Marietta Loredo
    Margot
    Prince Stennis
    Adam Pangratt
    King Henselt
    Cecil Burdon
    Skalen Burdon
    Iorveth (?)
    Dethmold
    Síle de Tansarville
    The dragon
    Letho

I think that's all of the deaths that could have been prevented had I chosen otherwise. It was interesting playing the entire game in the worst case scenario.
    Might be spoilery:
    What happens to Stennis can be really surprising on the Iorveth route. First playthrough I persuaded the crowd not to attack him. Second Iorveth playthrough I said fine, go lynch him a little, expecting them to throw him in prison or something. Nope, peasants straight up murdered their prince. And I was entirely ok with it. Guy was a prick.

Network Hub
    I know the game's been out for a goodly while but some of us haven't gotten round to playing it yet, including myself, so could we keep the spoilers to a minimum please :/

In other news I'm doing slightly better at the one city challenge in Civ V with Ethiopia the 20% combat bonus when fighting a civ with more cities is a great help against getting stomped and from what my spies tell me I'm well above the other civs in tech so I forsee a victory...maybe. I might try it again afterwards, any suggestions for civs that invest heavily in city states? Or I might go mercantile and maritime with England.