Page 792 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802842892 ... LastLast
Results 15,821 to 15,840 of 24778
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've been sampling a lot of my backlog lately, but to spare you a long list of stuff I played and didn't like, these are the ones I did like:

Capsized, which was completely unexpected. I've only played the first level of the campaign but I think the tools it gives you (hook, ram, jetpack, guns with two fire modes) combined with the responsiveness (wrong word but I can't think of the right one) of the controls make for a surprisingly good indie platformer.

Solar 2. Ok, sure, it seems to me like a one trick pony, possibly a two trick horse but from what I've played it's certainly no three trick stallion. But, the simplicity of the controls, interface and the goal make it quite a nice timewaster, oh and the general concept is just quite fun, I thought. There are missions, but I had no idea how to actually start them until I'd finished my first cycle.

Little Inferno is brilliant. The letters are a bit grating and having to find the combos to continue is mildly annoying, but all in all I really like it. Basically you just set fire to things.

Karateka really isn't my kind of game, but I had fun with it anyway. I won using the brute and the game still made me feel like I lost. I don't have the skill/patience/incentive to play through it again to get a different ending though.

There were others (Shank, Sanctum 2, Splice) but I can't be bothered and this post is long enough already.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Finally beat Divinity 2 (Lunatic Verse ending). I must say, the ending was pretty unsatisfying, but I understand that Larian has to keep the manageable big bad around and that it wouldn't be right to let The Dragon Knight definitively save the universe.

Also, I am gonna call it right now: After the awesome that is Original Sin and the pretty nifty that is Dragon Commander, Larian's next title is going to be a Mass Effect/Dragon Age 2 style RPG with a defined protagonist (Lucien The Divine) set post Divinity 2.

On a related note: Watched the current world record speed-run of Dark Souls last night, downloaded and reinstalled Demon Souls on my PS3. Would prefer Dark, but that would involve hoping my laptop can run it in a satisfactory manner or buying the DLC for my PS3 copy, and apparently that is 20 bucks... So Demon Souls (that I got a free PSN copy of) it is :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Revisiting Fallout 2, at the moment. Playing without music sucks ass but not a huge loss. I don't know why but the music files seems to be missing from the sound/music folder even after I installed it with the HUMONGOUS option, so I can't get the music to play anyway...

On console land, I'm just trying out Dragon's Dildo- I mean, Dogma. Pawns seem to be a bunch of Captain Obviouses, spouting out "Don't go to tge ledge! You will fall and die!" or "A goblin! It is dangerous!" or "This scarecrow can be destroyed by your sword!" all the time. I'm almost put off by this. This and how easy the boss fights were
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    So..New mortal kombat,how is it ?? Anyone playing it ?
    What, new Mortal Kombat? Again?

I really can't focus on a single game anymore...

i tried Firefall. It's... peculiar. I should probably try a bit more but after palying half an hour... dying thrice in a row with those gliders thingies... I don't really understand what the game is about.

I had a pretty good start in my latest Don't starve game... made it to day 18, had a nice little camp with stone walls, cooler, drying stuff, farm fields and pretty much everything i needed for the coming winter. And then I had to go help my twins and forgot to save. When I came back, I had respawned at the altar and the night was there... had nothing to light my way back and died alone in the dark... Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    What, new Mortal Kombat? Again?
    No it's the last Mortal Kombat that was out on consoles, it just got a pc port.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I've been playing quite some games as of late, especially considering the weather here is great. I guess it's the fact that I find I somehow got more spare time now. Anyway:

• Serious Sam 3: I can't beat the bloody spaceship thus far. Most rockets I fire just don't do anything, despite firing them when the ship is dropping loads of annoying critters. Though I do make a lot of rookie mistakes (firing rockets at nearby enemies, getting myself cornered, pressing reload at the worst possible moment, etc)
    • Blocks that matter: Never played this before, despite having it in my playlist for ages. It's a nice little game, with challenging puzzles, without the pressure of time (well, most of the time). The "story" is a bit annoying, but can be skipped.
    • AaaaaaAaaaaaAAAaa, drop it like an ugly baby: Only tried this because of the trading cards, but I still don't like this game, and it plays badly without a controller. Maybe in another 5 years this game will be finished? ;)
    • Killing Floor: I'm really pleased that Tripwire is still updating this game. They even added a new game mode (objectives), and I like it a lot! It's even fun to play in solo-mode, and a nice addition for leveling up. But level 5 is still a miles and miles away (the highest level I have is a level 3 medic...).
    • Mass Effect 1: Restarted this, for my previous saves have disappeared into nothingness. Replaying this on my "new" (2 years old) PC and especially my new (27") monitor isn't doing this game any good. And I'm having a hard time getting into the story, but I'll struggle on this time. I hope.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Might be spoilery:
    I don't think you know the meaning of the word 'lynch'. ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I really can't focus on a single game anymore...

i tried Firefall. It's... peculiar. I should probably try a bit more but after palying half an hour... dying thrice in a row with those gliders thingies... I don't really understand what the game is about.
    Firefall is pretty tough to categorize because the aim is to create something unique in the MMO space. This series from the Extra Credits folks might help:

http://youtu.be/RhLBtBUp_pI

I got FEZ and XCOM in the latest wave of sales.

In FEZ I',m kinda stuck at the moment. Ringing the bell in different directions in a certain order should bring me further I suspect. And somehow I have to lower the sea level or get the islands to rise or learn to dive...

In XCOM I have some money problems because I didn't expand my satellite network early. Something is wrong with the Elite DLC, however. There is no option to change the armor tint.

I have a feeling that both are great time sinks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    On console land, I'm just trying out Dragon's Dildo- I mean, Dogma. Pawns seem to be a bunch of Captain Obviouses, spouting out "Don't go to tge ledge! You will fall and die!" or "A goblin! It is dangerous!" or "This scarecrow can be destroyed by your sword!" all the time. I'm almost put off by this. This and how easy the boss fights were
    Common courtesy is to, the moment you get access to an inn, to basically set your pawn to say as little as possible.

After that, they actually become useful since they tend to only chime in for a weakness to a boss or a suggestion for a quest. And there is something fun to taking a weaker pawn and teaching it how to kill the miniboss creatures or taking it on a more elaborate quest.

Personally, I really liked Dragon's Dogma, but I also lost interest after a while. I think because I got to the point where you fight golems... while training up my sorc before converting my strider into an arcane archer. I think I might restart, start off as a wizard/sorc, switch to fighter/warrior, then do the magic knight I originally wanted. I understand the combat a lot better now, and I can always put in a few quick ranks of strider to get the bonus to climbing.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Started playing a bit of Endless Space but didn't make it too far. I think I need to go through the tutorial again or a Let's Play. I think I'll like it, I just need to get on that learning curve.

Started Alan Wake as it's been in my backlog making me feel guilty for ages. The trading cards scheme got me to actually start it, so that's good. I really want to like it as I grew up in Washington State, near where Twin Peaks was filmed and watched it voraciously. I also like a good horror yarn, even the trope of the writer haunted by his creation.

But.. It's not grabbing me as I hoped. I find the over the shoulder view very frustrating and Alan moves like a drunk. I'm not far into it yet, but it seems to be shine light at wispy bad guys till they fizzle then pop 'em with a gun. Batteries and bullets don't seem hard to come by, so I hope it gets more interesting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    It's a MMORPG, it just happens to be a TPP shooter.

Finished The Swapper.

A powerful game. Definitely one of my favourite games from 2013 so far.

I wholly recommend it if you like puzzle platformers, but know it also has a very thought-provoking story too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just beat FTL on easy with the Engi cruiser. Made a stupid mistake and killed my mantis and crystal guy in the second stage by teleporting them in before the ship was destroyed. For some reason it decided to teleport four humans in the final fight. I think the engi ship is the easiest of beginning ships because drones make such a huge difference. Final loadout was max shields, four engine, ship defense mkII, anti ship drone, ion II, ion I (only to take down supershield), and 2 damage defense beam. Weapon reloader and shield recharger. Will try on normal.

gah, I hate the Ship Defense MKII, what's the point of shooting down laser projectiles, when there's a tier 4 shield waiting for those, while letting through actual missiles? But dual Ion cannons are great fun, even in lower tiers.

Everyone do try on normal, If you have a bad run, you will die much more quickly (thus not wasting time). If you manage to make it to the mothership on normal, you will be in a position to defeat it, as the gap between boss and other enemies is smaller.

Finished Spec Ops: The Line. Some of the loading screen tips like "You are still a good person." are hilarious. A shame that they chose to tell this story in the traditional shoot-all-the-men form.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    gah, I hate the Ship Defense MKII, what's the point of shooting down laser projectiles, when there's a tier 4 shield waiting for those, while letting through actual missiles? But dual Ion cannons are great fun, even in lower tiers.

Everyone do try on normal, If you have a bad run, you will die much more quickly (thus not wasting time). If you manage to make it to the mothership on normal, you will be in a position to defeat it, as the gap between boss and other enemies is smaller.
    The second one shoots down missiles, lasers, and drone boarders. While the lasers are nothing special, having only one missile and no robot boarders hit the ship was a godsend. I needed really good defense though because I didn't find boarding crew until late (so I wasn't sure if I would ever have them), the only cloak I found was too early to buy, and I never found a decent missile or burst system (I ended the game with 35 missiles, because I didn't even find places to sell them). So I had craptons of scrap with nothing offensive to spend it on.

Banned
    The first one shoots down missiles and drone boarders just fine. Plus it only costs very few energy to power.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    tried to play Omikron Nomad Soul.

some random directx error crashes my game unfortunately.
    I'll probably need a full c drive format and brand new windows reinstallation as I haven't done that in a year. maybe it will solve this problem and few others too.