Page 794 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 294694744784792793794795796804844894 ... LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,880 of 22746
    I think this is the first time I've actually bothered to look around Klamath and went into the sewers. Found the Rat KEENG and man, he's a hard fight. Took me three tries to put him down. Now, I'm just screwing around in The Den just to level up a bit before going straight to New Reno or San Fran. Maybe picking up a Buffout along the way before heading to up to Marcus'. Anyways, I really need caps
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    Maybe I should just switch to my X360-controller. Playing turn-based strategy with a controller... Sounds weird :P
    I actually tried that and found it incredibly clunky, but then I'm not much of a controller person outside of racers and (non-shooty) action games.

Banned
    Any Boredomlands 2 fans here? I am mildly interested in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, but I assume you need to be level "I finished the game and all previous DLCs" to compete? Or is that a separate, uh, campaign?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Any Boredomlands 2 fans here? I am mildly interested in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, but I assume you need to be level "I finished the game and all previous DLCs" to compete? Or is that a separate, uh, campaign?
    All DLCs are whatever level you are when you get to them.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Banned
    Interesting. Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I don't think you know the meaning of the word 'lynch'. ;)
    Huh, I did not know it meant execution. Learn something new every day.
    Back home it was just synonymous with jumping someone, typically in a crowd-oriented way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Huh, I did not know it meant execution. Learn something new every day.
    Back home it was just synonymous with jumping someone, typically in a crowd-oriented way.
    smh

1234char
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    It doesn't matter, if you were bored of the vanilla game you'll be bored of the DLC. I suggest you buy a Sudoku book or something.

I just tried Lunnye Devitsy. I had no idea what was going on. Kind of a nice feeling at first but then I just got bored and accidentally exited it. Now I don't know what to play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    smh
    Hey I wasn't the one doing the jumping or lynching. And it was Scotland, so mostly done in good sport.
    Unless it was sectarian...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Mortal Kombat single player,came to the part where you play as blond chick versus some russian half robot guy lol,he is kinda tought with all that spinning shit. Otherwise story is wtf haha :D Its like cheese on cheeseeeee :v

ZDeamon - Found a solid group of 8 to 16 players to rock some old school DooM action both in LAN and online.

I've been going back and forth between - Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. I still have some great friends that play it and it's still a great experience for and some of my family members that we can not seem to get anywhere else.

Alliance of Valiant Arms still has a portion of my attention. My oldest kid seems to love it and it's great to play a few rounds with her.

I am playing the closed alpha of Sir, You are Being Hunted. Which is positively awesome. It's reminiscent of DayZ and STALKER, and with the procedural generation of the game world there are even some echos of Minecraft. Great atmosphere, nailbitingly exciting gameplay and the art direction is spot-on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Planets Under Attack, Galactic Arms Race, and Hell Yeah, all are bundle purchases and I'm not really enthralled with any of them. Planets is like Eufloria but cartooney (in a cheap way), slower, grindier, and more based on reaction than strategy. I might be the only person who says this, but I loved Eufloria to pieces and bits. Galactic Arms race is like Spaz with 3d graphics that look worse, 8 million stats that don't do a ton, pvp, and no attempt to balance difficulty or make new weapons that require different tactics. So, boring but fairly addictive. Hell Yeah is a fairly well drawn platformer with really boring mechanics and incredibly intricate death animations.

Closure, iBomber, Pid, Sugar Cube, Tobe's Adventure, Offspring Fling, and Snapshot all litter my steam library as games too mediocre to put serious effort into, but too difficult to beat in a sitting. I suspect they'll go into my half finished pile next to Beep, Capsized, DSIII, Glowfish, Hard Reset, and Defense Grid.

Jet Set Radio is really fun, but has terrible keyboard controls. It also has sloppy port written all over it. I hate binding shit out of games and then trying to remember it in games, and not updating tutorials to check for bound keys is just lazy. It's going to go into my try again on a different machine pile, like Mirror's Edge.

Woo! Finished Xcom. It's a good game but sadly not a great one.

I wonder where I left all those points.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Woo! Finished Xcom. It's a good game but sadly not a great one.

"Battles Lost ..... 0"
    While I think ironman is a non-starter, due to some control issues and bugs, I would highly recommend playing it without save-scumming. Like most any proper strategy game, it's worlds better that way. In that light, especially, the world average there is incredibly sad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think unless you're very good at the game, on the vast majority of missions any failure really just destroys you phenomenally. It all comes down to a simple problem - if you can't win the mission with your increasingly experienced operatives, then how do you intend to win the next one, which is as tough if not harder, with worse troops? Once you get past that hump and have the tech to make up for it, you pretty much have to be inept to lose.

Not to mention the stats are further skewed by only a few particularly disastrous outcomes being counted 'failure'. Losing 1-2 soldiers is enough for any person to consider a mission a failure in practice, but only a full squad loss in most circumstances will actually 'fail' the mission. I suppose civilian casualties or VIP deaths can also a fail a mission but are pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I think unless you're very good at the game, on the vast majority of missions any failure really just destroys you phenomenally. It all comes down to a simple problem - if you can't win the mission with your increasingly experienced operatives, then how do you intend to win the next one, which is as tough if not harder, with worse troops? Once you get past that hump and have the tech to make up for it, you pretty much have to be inept to lose.

Not to mention the stats are further skewed by only a few particularly disastrous outcomes being counted 'failure'. Losing 1-2 soldiers is enough for any person to consider a mission a failure in practice, but only a full squad loss in most circumstances will actually 'fail' the mission. I suppose civilian casualties or VIP deaths can also a fail a mission but are pretty rare.
    Your response bespeaks an unwillingness to retreat when faced with a bad situation.

Xcom is way too random to be enjoyable in ironman. You can make perfect tactical decisions and still have your entire squad wiped out in a single round because the game hates you. There's little reason to carry on if your six man squad gets wiped out because once mutons appear, that's basically game over.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Network Hub
    I found that when soldiers died it wasn't because the missions were generally too hard for me. It was either because I tried to take on a mission far above my level (which doesn't mean I couldn't complete it, just that it would be harder) or because I made a mistake (didn't cover a flank, rushed in without vision, gambled all my chances on a 40% hitchance shot.)

Sometimes yes losing a battle would mean losing the game, but it was just during the first hour or so, so I didn't mind restarting another game because almost every loss meant I was doing something wrong and if I improved I would be better.
    For me the first hour of the game is almost like a roguelike, and most games I played through required a few disastrous starts and retries. I like it.

The most fun I have in Xcom is when I beat the odds. Winning a hard battle when my beloved french medic gets shot in the first few turns of a fight is a hundred times more exciting and fun than simply reloading everytime a squadmember dies stupidly. I love it when I swear at myself for being reckless, and then swear at my assault who missed an easy shot for the third time in a row, and then cheer when my underpowered rookie sustain heavy fire without panicking and then retaliate with accurate and deadly shots.
    The random issue of the game can be fixed while playing in a lower difficulty. I really think that a Normal + Ironman game is far better than a Classical game. I would even argue that Easy + Ironman would be better than normal.

If you don't fear losing soldiers, you don't get emotionnaly attached to them and the game loses its flavour.
    Last edited by AshEnke; 10-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Xcom is way too random to be enjoyable in ironman. You can make perfect tactical decisions and still have your entire squad wiped out in a single round because the game hates you.
    In case of RNG going bad, it's not the game that hates you.

It's the universe.