Page 796 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806846896 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,920 of 23684
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    I just lost to Bigamo in DoW2R. If you ever followed the community you know him and what that means.

I'm retiring now. Can I completely erase the game from Steam?
    I'm sorry, dude. Remember, time heals all wounds and replays can be deleted and never spoken of again.

It's kind of hilarious that he's still playing, mind.

I finally decided to actually play through Half-Life. Yes, it's true. I never finished it back in the day. Got up to the beginning of "Forget about Freeman" and never bothered to complete it after that. Though I did play through Half-Life 2 and the episodes a few years back, and two summers ago I played Opposing Force and Blue Shift. But never the original.

And now, after two days of playing, I've finally passed the area that I left the game in all those years ago, where the roof collapses at the beginning of "Forget about Freeman". This time, I will finish it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In an effort to get my last cards and see what all the (lack of) fuss was about, I installed and played Alan Wake today.

erm - for a game about a writer, the writing is atrocious isn't it? The characters are also hateful - but some of the scenery is lovely. As we were crossing the lake on the ferry a cool seabreeze came in the window of the office - it was great!

Can't see me sticking at it tho - it's too "Stephen King" (in both mood, tone, style and poor writing)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Has anyone played Scribblenauts Unlimited? I think it might be a good game to play with the fiancee.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Has anyone played Scribblenauts Unlimited? I think it might be a good game to play with the fiancee.
    I liked it a lot, but I don't think it has that long-standing appeal. You are going to get a good five to ten hours of laughs out of it, depending on how creatively you play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Playing Civilization 5 as China.

I have a small flotilla of cargo ships heading from all my port cities to Seoul, because Korea is not only my richest neighbor, he's also the only one to have made a port city within range of me.

He has since taken this cash and beaten me to two world wonders. That's okay, because I've taken this cash and expanded to four times his size.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Xcom EU: classic Ironman...

I wish I knew some of the hidden rules of the game...

See: I had 3 satelites left. I thoughts that countries protected by sattelites got no abductions so I put them over countries I wanted to protect. Both in Asia and Europe...

the situation was so:

France at panic 4, sat
    UK 2, no sat
    Germany 3, sat
    lost Russia Already, sat

and in Asia:

China 4, sat
    Japan 2, sat
    India 3, sat
    Australia 2, no sat.

And then the worst case scenario happened. Thank you Murphy !
    Abductions in both India and Germany... on the 22 of july. SI was torn between losing both France and Germany or India and China. All countries where already covered by satelites. Sigh...

I went with India, because I still have a chance to take the future combat bonus.

I am now on the 23 of july and have a council mission... in Africa..; so I have no chance of dropping the panic level. I will soon lose my 4th and 5th countries. By the end of the month. It sucks.
    Last edited by Drayk; 12-07-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: unreadable

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Because the aliens choose an array of three continents to bombard and favor those without coverage, locking down the smaller continents with the first satellites you make will only cause them to focus on your larger continents without similar coverage. This is bad, because you won't be able to pump out satellites fast enough to stop from losing regions in those larger continents as they keep getting hit back to back.

You'll want to just throw satellites at the highest panicking regions first but endeavor to keep all continents as equally (un)covered as possible so as to spread panic more evenly until you can pump out enough satellites to close all the gaps in short order.
    Last edited by Nalano; 12-07-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    I finally decided to actually play through Half-Life. Yes, it's true. I never finished it back in the day. Got up to the beginning of "Forget about Freeman" and never bothered to complete it after that. Though I did play through Half-Life 2 and the episodes a few years back, and two summers ago I played Opposing Force and Blue Shift. But never the original.

And now, after two days of playing, I've finally passed the area that I left the game in all those years ago, where the roof collapses at the beginning of "Forget about Freeman". This time, I will finish it!
    Enjoy, I wish I could play it without remembering everything from previous playthroughs :)

Tera Online, of all things. I can't get enough of the great combat. And boobs. And since I've bought it on release, after it went F2P I have no restrictions and can just play for free forever. Like Guild Wars, heh.

Network Hub
    I just lost to Bigamo in DoW2R. If you ever followed the community you know him and what that means.

Is he really bad or something? Because if you want to see bad (and feel better about yourself) you can play me. I'm awful at any RTS that requires any sort of micro. Meaning I'm only passably decent at AirLandBattle and the Total War games online.

Might I ask who Bigamo is?

I tried out Dark Souls, after buying it on gamersgate last week, for slightly cheaper than on steam now (phew!). It took some modding and some DSFix.ini tweaking to even get it running at my standard resolution. And to even find the key that opens the menu in game I had to restart the game and look in the options. it's "end".

I was ready to cope with this. But in the tutorial, the game keeps throwing instructions at you about how to use the buttons on your controller. I don't have one. "Press RT + RB to jump attack" puts me in a difficult position. I would have to play the tutorial again to find out which actions "RT" and "RB" prompted, and press the appropriate keys again when I get to that section.

And GFWL gets an extra paragraph, too, but no more words.

All this, and my tolerance for the actual game suffers slightly. But in the first few minutes I find I do like the combat, it's basically how I like my swordfighting. fine then. After a few first corridors, the game puts me up against a big guy and it's pretty obvious I have to go around him at this point. But no, a few corridors and a new sword later, here we are again, and I'm none the wiser.

I know Dark Souls is a console game, and sometimes I'm completely fine with those. This however, represents everything I have always hated about those kind of games. weird controls, lots and lots of boss fights. Shoulda known better, but I guess I was coerced by Robert Florence's Dark Souls Twitter account.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Might I ask who Bigamo is?
    Quote Originally Posted by EOT View Post
    Is he really bad or something?
    Bigamo was/is a legendary and very vocal memebr of the DoW2 community and yes he wasn't very good but so were other people, he got his reputation and "fame" for starting huge arguments( sometimes durning games or on forums) about how Space Marines are the most underpowered faction and how everyone and everything else are imba/noskill/OP. At some point he tried to convinve people that LandRaider should capture points and Nobz shouldn't. I think "Power generators are OP" was his opinion too. Small communities just love weirdos like him, some tried to imitate his arguing style but failed, some changed usernames to "Son of Bigamo" or something. Losing to him now just felt uncacceptable. I was easily winning the whole first 5-7 minutes then I just relaxed and managed to lose the game. And even then he complained that it was superhard and Orks are imba.

Here is an example of the good old Bigamo thread.
    http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar...ails&id=248932

Quote Originally Posted by EOT View Post
    Because if you want to see bad (and feel better about yourself) you can play me. I'm awful at any RTS that requires any sort of micro. Meaning I'm only passably decent at AirLandBattle and the Total War games online.
    Not that I'm good at micro myself. I have Airland battle installed but never even tried it. Well, you can add me in Steam if you want. Name is coldwave. The one with the red fist on the userpic.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 12-07-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I tried out Dark Souls, after buying it on gamersgate last week, for slightly cheaper than on steam now (phew!). It took some modding and some DSFix.ini tweaking to even get it running at my standard resolution. And to even find the key that opens the menu in game I had to restart the game and look in the options. it's "end".
    This is where I gave up with Dark Souls. All DSFix did for me was make the game run in an 800x600 sub-window in the top left corner of my 1680x1050 monitor (the rest of the monitor was black), and it also had the extra comedic effect of making water reflections act like another window inside the first window. Look: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=156513786

So yeah, I want to get on and enjoy it because it looks stunning and I've heard good things, but it's just so broken. Hopefully the sequel is ported properly.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    This is where I gave up with Dark Souls. All DSFix did for me was make the game run in an 800x600 sub-window in the top left corner of my 1680x1050 monitor (the rest of the monitor was black), and it also had the extra comedic effect of making water reflections act like another window inside the first window. Look: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=156513786

So yeah, I want to get on and enjoy it because it looks stunning and I've heard good things, but it's just so broken. Hopefully the sequel is ported properly.
    This is the same problem that I had. Try dabbling in DSFix, I think something about the borderless window did it for me. But then again I accidentally changed my windows background and the sounds before I found the cursor catching option.

So I fixed these, but of course it wasnt just that. Have now rage-uninstalled it. the new rage-quit.

Don't think I'm going to bother with the second one. I have to accept that some games just aren't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post

Yeah, I got that problem too. I can't seem to get DSfix working and it still just shows up as a window whenever I played the game. Doesn't help that I'm running this on a $500 laptop but it's still sorta playable...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

something between F5 and F8 changed from windowed to borderless window mode, and another one of those hid the mouse for me. maybe its DSFix or an actual feature of the port, but I barely care anymore.

I've been dabbling with the Broforce Brototype. It's brilliant. And the perfect game to spend a few minutes now and then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I've been dabbling with the Broforce Brototype. It's brilliant. And the perfect game to spend a few minutes now and then.
    That's quite a thing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/