Page 797 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 297697747787795796797798799807847897 ... LastLast
Results 15,921 to 15,940 of 23672
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    This is where I gave up with Dark Souls. All DSFix did for me was make the game run in an 800x600 sub-window in the top left corner of my 1680x1050 monitor (the rest of the monitor was black
    DSfix by Durante -- README
    ==========================
    **Please read this whole document before running anything!**
    Maybe try that next time.

Obscure Node
    The Windows version of Chris Wild's HD remake of The Lords of Midnight which I managed to purchase yesterday (for less than half the price i paid for it when I were a wee lad back in 1984 even) before the poor chap had even announced it.

'Here at the tower of the moon stands Luxor the Moonprince. It is dawn and Luxor is utterly invigorated. The ice fear is quite cold. Luxor is slightly afraid. He has with him the Moon Ring.'

'Here at the tower of the moon stands Morkin. Morkin is utterly invigorated. The ice fear is quite cold. Morkin is utterly bold.'

'Here at the tower of the moon stands Corleth the Fey. Corleth is utterly invigorated. The ice fear is quite cold. Corleth is very bold.'

'Here at the tower of the moon stands Rorthron the Wise. Rorthron is utterly invigorated. The ice fear is quite cold. Rorthron is slightly afraid.'

...Yep, all present and utterly correct :)

Someone who shalt not be named gave me the short version of the Trading Cards FAQ (the whole concept I found to be so boring I couldn't get to keep my attention on it), so I'm now into the time honored tradition of idling.

As a side effect I've beaten all the basic levels in McPixel in one sitting. I'm getting the parody of adventure and hidden object games, but its crude variant of slapstick comedy is hit and miss for me, mostly miss: I had a couple of chuckles at the beginning but then the game falls in a pattern of kick mostly everything, piss on what's left, try to be illogical. It still managed to surprise me here and there with its twisted logic, and it's kind of cute - might still go back to it instead of just idling the remaining cards.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks like steam changed their EULA again.
    steameula.jpg

Civ 5?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Bought Civ V:BNV today. First time I played Civ since Civ 2, I think. It's... I dunno, peaceful. I didn't go to war until 1900's when whole world decided to destroy Ottomans so I decided to jump on this bandwagon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I've been dabbling with the Broforce Brototype. It's brilliant. And the perfect game to spend a few minutes now and then.
    You're not kidding...

Activated Node realitysconcierge's Avatar
    I've been dabbling with the Broforce Brototype. It's brilliant. And the perfect game to spend a few minutes now and then.
    If y'all enjoyed Broforce and haven't tried it yet, go give Liero a try.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I hadn't seen this before, it is quite the brilliant little thing.

I was trying Firefall for a few hours, which doesn't seem that bad despite its horrendous UI and tutorial, but then the game decided to delete my character out of the blue.

Not sure I'll bother with it then.

Puzzle Quest 2 that I picked up for two quid in the sale. It's actually pretty good.

Activated Node
    Took a break from my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate (GOG modded 1&2) to knock Torchlight 2 off my unplayed Steam list. Runic really managed to nail the formula with the sequel. They could make the same game again with a new story and I'd be first in line to buy it.

Trying to enjoy Tomb Raider but it's not quite hitting the spot, not sure why. Seems a decent enough mindless platformy shooter. Perhaps I'm just getting old. Though I did love Far Cry 3 and that had a hilariously bad story.

And stumbling around in Total War: Shogun 2, trying to figure out the mechanics. I've only just learned that soldiers can scale fort walls. I had my entire army trying to blow through one doorway, to hilariously poor (but ultimately victorious) effect.
    Last edited by Aphyd; 13-07-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Playing Borderlands 2 and not quite getting into it. Something is off with the difficulty curve. I'm either having no problems at all or are proper fucked. It somehow seems a step backwards from the first game. Sure there are more types of guns, but that seems to mean that most things I find are shit. About 10 hours in and I have no cool things; no blue gun which feels unique to me and gives me a sense of power; no orange gun I found 3 levels back and is starting to get a bit obsolete but damn it I'll keep using it anyway. Think I'll have to spot it with another game so I don't get bored. Might finally be time for another KOTOR2 playthrough.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    I was trying Firefall for a few hours, which doesn't seem that bad despite its horrendous UI and tutorial, but then the game decided to delete my character out of the blue.

Not sure I'll bother with it then.
    Firefall has actually gotten better. It was a decent game around the 0.5 patch, or about six months ago. When 0.6 rolled out, the game went with a full-on focus on grinding. The resources one gets from Thumping - which is like Mining in EVE, only with more mobs while you're doing it, and more risk as you use better mining gear - these resources were the only way to unlock abilities on battleframes (Classes) above a certain point. They still are.

The difference with the 0.7 patch (current) is threefold:

-Resources are now also rewarded for mission running, which is far more exciting than its EVE Counterpart. ARES missions are pretty varied, occur randomly all over the map, are easy to find and people tend to group together pretty quickly for difficult ones.

-The player market is now open. Players can sell not only Thumped (Mined) resources, but also gear, including weapons, etc. Now one no longer needs to thump to get what they need.

-Progression in 0.6 required each frame to use a certain resource type for every unlock above a certain tier. No longer. Now, all frames require gas for one type of unlock, minerals for another and organics for a third. So you have FAR more options in terms of resources to use to unlock/upgrade frame abilities now, as opposed to the last patch.

TL;DR: Where Firefall once forced everyone to Thump for resources several nights per week, one is now free to play the game the way they wish and still progress. Not that progression is really the point. Dynamic, ever changing events rotating in and out, and random occurrences that will never happen exactly the same ever again, in a world with excellent art and amazing, immersive ambient sounds, is the real point of playing Firefall. Progression is just a happy aside to what is quickly becoming a very fun open world game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Playing Borderlands 2 and not quite getting into it. Something is off with the difficulty curve. I'm either having no problems at all or are proper fucked. It somehow seems a step backwards from the first game. Sure there are more types of guns, but that seems to mean that most things I find are shit. About 10 hours in and I have no cool things; no blue gun which feels unique to me and gives me a sense of power; no orange gun I found 3 levels back and is starting to get a bit obsolete but damn it I'll keep using it anyway. Think I'll have to spot it with another game so I don't get bored. Might finally be time for another KOTOR2 playthrough.
    Not just you. The balance in BL2 is shit. Some enemies just require a metric shit-ton of bullets to put down. Such is Gearbox's idea of increased difficulty. And the boss fights are, for the most part, truly terrible. As Boss Fights tend to be in all games these days. And perhaps as they always have been.

And for crying out loud just avoid the new game plus mode, or "True Vault Hunter" mode, as its called. It just ups health bars, gives more enemies shields and elemental resistances and in general provides every enemy with a boss-fight-like health bar the whole game through. Its really, really awful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Did a lot of Surgeon Simulator this morning while grabbing the cards

Also been playing some Path of Exile. I must say, I really like it.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Brave New World awaits.

I am also in the process of learning to setup a Garry's Mod server with Prop Hunt. We try to do a casual game night on Mondays and a friend suggested it. Few of us got the CS:S/Garry's bundle during the flash sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I've bought a few games in the Steam Summer Sale that I'd been looking forward to playing, but I've instead been absorbed in the world of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. I don't know how much of that is a fit of nostalgia, but so far it's been very fun indeed.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    gnh. Not having much luck finding something to play that grabs me lately.

Spent a day figuring out how to bypass the CD check in No One Lives Forever (without using a crack) and how to stop my system from scaling 1280x960 to 1920x1080 and once I had it working kind of lost interest.

Played one level of Super Meat Boy and uninstalled it. I should know by now that platformers just aren't my thing at all anymore.

Got annoyed with the keybindings setup in Hotline Miami and lost interest.

Spent a while installing mods for Skyrim and when it all seemed to be working I got distracted by something else.

Minerva for Half-Life 2 hadn't worked right for ages (and the fix didn't fix it), so I installed the new version, checked that it works (it does) and lost interest.

Got killed by the first zombie you meet in The Walking Dead because I was backing up into something I couldn't see which blocked me so I couldn't get away. Lost interest.

Psychonauts, Alan Wake, Saints Row 3 (had played the first bit before, but once I got to the game proper on my laptop, I got so sudden and severe FPS drops that it was unplayable. It seems to work on my new desktop) seemed sort of interesting, but ...

etc.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is probably the game that has managed to keep my interest for the longest lately, but that's only for an hour and a half or so, with lots of breaks.

Granted, I guess it's not only about games; I can't really focus on anything lately, but it's rather frustrating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Got killed by the first zombie you meet in The Walking Dead because I was backing up into something I couldn't see which blocked me so I couldn't get away.
    That would be the car Lee got out of, like, two seconds ago.

Try Fahrenheit? Game starts, you just murdered someone in a diner bathroom, and there's a cop right outside. Instant hookage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    That would be the car Lee got out of, like, two seconds ago.
    No, I think it was a rock, the car isn't that close, but due to the camera I couldn't tell what blocked me.

It was mostly that it felt like quite a shift; up until then everything's been slow and just about clicking on things and then it suddenly changes to something more action-ish, which I didn't expect from the game.

Try Fahrenheit? Game starts, you just murdered someone in a diner bathroom, and there's a cop right outside. Instant hookage.
    ah, I don't have it, but I've been eyeing it for a while, so maybe it's time next time I get some money.