Page 798 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 298698748788796797798799800808848898 ... LastLast
Results 15,941 to 15,960 of 23785
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Minerva for Half-Life 2 hadn't worked right for ages (and the fix didn't fix it), so I installed the new version, checked that it works (it does) and lost interest.
    I'm not an expert on mods but Minerva is very competently made and imo deserves at least 10-15 minutes of your time( or how long it takes you to get inside the upper part of the bunker, the real action starts there). Not that you lose much for losing interest in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    I'm not an expert on mods but Minerva is very competently made and imo deserves at least 10-15 minutes of your time( or how long it takes you to get inside the upper part of the bunker, the real action starts there). Not that you lose much for losing interest in it.
    oh, I have played it and enjoyed it a lot. I just wanted to play it again because I hadn't been able to for a long time due to the old version not working any longer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Today I found myself faced with an interesting choice

In one corner, my "recently acquired cheap" copy of Fez

In the other corner, the demo for Battle Slots (http://www.battleslots.net/)

I'm wondering how much it would piss Mr Fish off to know that I blew the whole 60 minute demo and than didn't move on to Fez anyway!? :)

Don't you have better things to think about than how to spite developers that don't care about your game playing habits anyway?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Mortal Kombat story mode,came to part where you fight as Scorpion against those two cyborg warriors,difficulty here went quite high :D

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Hotline Miami: Wasn't sure I was going to like this one, but wow did it win me over. The speed and tightness of the gameplay coupled with a really woozy atmosphere (that's probably compounded upon by it being so hot here) made it my top game in a while.

I was only able to play most levels 1 at a time because I needed a break in between but it really did draw me in.

System Shock 2. Trying to come to grips with the UI and controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    System Shock 2. Trying to come to grips with the UI and controls.
    Keep with it. It's one of the best gaming experiences ever.
    I think it's easier for newcomers to play as Navy. It was for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Don't you have better things to think about than how to spite developers that don't care about your game playing habits anyway?
    Yeah, playing Battle Slots ;)

I just occurred to me - I don't set out to think about these things but in the midsts of an endless 'spin the reels and pray for mana' stint, what else is there to think about? :)

Firefall.
    And I'm not exactly playing it, more like I’m lost in it. And I don’t mean lost as in absorbed in the game.
    I mean, I am lost in the woods, and it’s getting dark, someone please rescue me, kinda lost!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Hooked laptop up to TV and playing some bigscreen Dungeon Siege 3, as it lends itself better to 360 controller than M+KB. Playing as Reinhart this time, and it's weird for the primary attack of the mage character to be melee. Secondary is a AoE range-based malarky with a minimum range, which is nice to have but takes a bit too long to fire against some enemies. It's definitely fun, although not as much as shooting things with Katarina. Mainly it's down to how tight the gameplay is once you get acquainted with the controls, which admittedly takes a bit of time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    He's probably trying to find ways to annoy Phil Fish's customer support without actually using his products.

Made it to chapter 4 in Space Marine. I like this game. It's fun to play.

XCOM EU:
    I can't stop playing this.

Still strugling but it's getting better, easier too. I haven't lost a teammate or a country in two month... I am in August.

I actually manage to salvage my shitty situation with europe and asia under attack in july. I made the alien base Attack and dropped Panic Everywhere.

Now something strange happened in August. I was changing my Raptor weapons when a large UFO landed in Germany. Instant Panic... now, several days later, the Aliens explode my satellite. I can now launch another one and drop the panic level to 3.\o/ Lucky I guess.

Some of my soldiers are killing machines... my starting support 'Ouija' has 38 kills in 16 mission. 'Rage' my assault has 21 in 7 missions. (Laser scater + double shot in close range: Wow. I can't wait to try that with ghost armor. And my South African Sniper who earned the nickname 'Godfather', is making a massacre with his 115 aim and squadsight. His also makes terrible will checks but always take another shot.

The best lessons I learned in Classic are:
    Don't move forward until you cleared all hostiles in view and reloaded you guns
    Don't let your soldiers too close to each other when fighting muttons.
    Don't shoot a berserker if you can't kill him this turn
    Use Heavies to destroy ennemies covers.
    Don't be affraid to run back in hiding + overwatch when things are getting ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Playing Impire in co-op with three friends. Good fun so far. I played the first stage of Hotline Miami, will definitely be coming back for more. Now trying to finish GTA San Andreas, will probably move on to System Shock 2 after that. I picked up SS2 in the Steam sale because I've never played it, I'm looking forward to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I tried to finish San Andreas last year and basically game is really waaay to long. I lost interest 40 hours in to the game..

Now i'm downloading A CLASH OF KINGS,mod for Warband (Game Of Thrones theme),read article on PCGAMER,sounds neat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I tried to finish San Andreas last year and basically game is really waaay to long. I lost interest 40 hours in to the game..
    I finished the game before, so I know what you mean. It's the setting I like, more than the story :)

Still playing loads of different things:

Just Cause 2: Finally bought it in the Steam Sale, and it's really enjoyable. Though I do like the sillyness of Saints Row 3 more. Speaking of which:

Saints Row 3: Finally back playing this game. I'm a little rusty, and forgot quite some things, but it's good ol' fun again! Love (most of) the humor of this game, and the way it doens't take itself serious at all.

Call of Juarez; Gunslinger: Also a lot of fun, though a bit too linear and consoley from time to time. Also, the duels are a p.i.t.a., but so far I've won them all (after countless times of dying ;). The storytelling feature is nice, if a bit cheesy. But it makes for some nice surprises once in a while.

Scribblenauts Unlimited: Well, scratch that last bit, for it is pretty limited, but solving things unconventional is fun I guess. Still, I'm not sure why I bought this... Oh well.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Network Hub
    Been playing Wargame: Airland Battle. I'm enjoying the fact that I don't have to "unlock" units before being able to add them to my deck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    It seems that backlog of PC games could get even bigger, as today it seems that Transport Tycoon is coming to iOS.

Meanwhile, though, I had the opportunity to play the first bits of the latest Tomb Raider and The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dragonborn. Both seem quite solid, nothing very unexpected - both positive and negative - so far.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Let's hope it's not just a straight port of the original version. OpenTTD introduced way too many features I wouldn't want to miss.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -