Page 801 of 1259 FirstFirst ... 301701751791799800801802803811851901 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,020 of 25163
  1. #16001
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Company of Heroes 2.

    I keep using the random match button for skirmish and I had up until this point been fearful that my opponents were all in a league far above my own.

    Sadly, I'm more often matched with people who one hopes will drop and get replaced with the AI because the AI can actually field a fucking army and take territory.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  2. #16002
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,505
    Why would you ever play a videogame with random internet strangers?

  3. #16003
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Why would you ever play a videogame with random internet strangers?
    Why would I ever post on a videogame forum with random internet strangers?

    I guess I have a self-destructive streak.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  4. #16004
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,313
    Oh PC gaming, sometimes I want to kick you in your conflict-riddled dick.

    Dungeon Siege 3 - Runs fine on laptop. Doesn't even start on desktop - Dungeon Siege III.exe has encountered a problem and must ruin* your fucking evening.

    Basic Problem Solving!
    Verify Integrity: always 1 file failing to validate but no apparent way to beat this - no effect on issue.
    Full reinstall + registry cleanse - no effect.
    Reinstall Visual Basic, DirectX and MS Framework - no effect.
    Install newest GPU drivers - no effect.

    Time To Hit The Internet!
    Change your language to English (US)... okay - no effect**.
    Change your region and other bullshit to English (US)... - no effect**.
    Disable Steam overlay - no effect.
    Send Nigerian guy money - no effect.
    Notice post saying Alienware Command Centre (?) can cause problems -> Extrapolate! -> Disable Gigabyte OC Guru -> Hallefuckinglujah it worked.

    It's like a game in and of itself. Rewarding at the end in a way, but if I could I'd prefer not to play.

    * more inconvenience really
    ** this is the kind of shit you hope doesn't work

  5. #16005
    Activated Node Pinkscare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    51
    Rising Storm

    I'll be honest, Pinkscare is my second Steam account. My first Steam account is full of shit games from indie bundles and cheap games I bought that I'll never play. Black Ops II was the game a bunch of guys and I played the most of. Well, said gentlemen are becoming a little needy of my game time, so I created a new account for mostly single player games. However, there has been one multiplayer FPS that I have wanted to get into for some time. I almost jumped at a sale at GameFly, but I passed. Steam then had it for $9.99, the same price GameFly (before it went to $14.99). I saw it Steam Trading Cards as well. I jumped.

    Today was training day, that actually helped a lot.

    A few minutes ago I went into my first match. That first kill felt so fucking good, man. I worked for that fucker! I've only played as a rifleman; I like the bolt action... action. Even though I got a few kills with a scope, I prefer the iron sights. I believe this game will take me away from my single player games. Sure, I am still a n00b, but this is so fresh (coming from CoD). I love this damn game already. Any tips would be great.

  6. #16006
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,343
    Um, were you aware that setting your Steam status to 'offline' stops your friends from bothering you? Hell, you can even set it to not log you into friends in the first place. Creating a different Steam account for that seems rather like changing schools because you forgot your locker combination.

  7. #16007
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus alms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,563
    So basically, what you all are saying is that character creators rule, but I'm the only one who can't think of anything better to model than his own self. Duh.

    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Um, were you aware that setting your Steam status to 'offline' stops your friends from bothering you?
    My Steam must be broken, offline or online makes no difference.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

    "You take the Klingon's detached hand"

  8. #16008
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,733
    I played a couple of rounds of TF2 for the first time in a year or two.

    Oh wow. Valve's done something unique in making a multiplayer game where the average skill of the community goes down over time. No hate meant by that, I'm not frustrated by lousy teams or anything, I just kinda... feel bad. I logged on and everyone was having fun with their hats and funny weapons and I came in with my asshole heavy with my asshole cheater's lament and asshole gold 'been playing longer than you' badge and vanilla setup (except the KGB, because those gloves are a straight upgrade) and kicked some puppies.

    I'm a monster.

  9. #16009
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Oh PC gaming, sometimes I want to kick you in your conflict-riddled dick.
    If it's any consolation, Dungeon Siege 3 isn't worth it anyway.

  10. #16010
    Lesser Hivemind Node Drayk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe's capital
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    If it's any consolation, Dungeon Siege 3 isn't worth it anyway.
    I think you're not helping... :P

    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

  11. #16011
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,786
    I bought fate of the world the other day. had some fun.... will have to come back to it in few months. fun game but can't be played for long time.

    bought bastion and now about to play it for the first time.

  12. #16012
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    If it's any consolation, Dungeon Siege 3 isn't worth it anyway.
    The annoying thing is I've actually played it before on the same desktop that it didn't work on, albeit with a different nVidia GPU. If it had never worked at least things would have been less frustrating. And I do like the game, so never being able to play it properly again would have been irritating.

  13. #16013
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I played a couple of rounds of TF2 for the first time in a year or two.

    Oh wow. Valve's done something unique in making a multiplayer game where the average skill of the community goes down over time. No hate meant by that, I'm not frustrated by lousy teams or anything, I just kinda... feel bad. I logged on and everyone was having fun with their hats and funny weapons and I came in with my asshole heavy with my asshole cheater's lament and asshole gold 'been playing longer than you' badge and vanilla setup (except the KGB, because those gloves are a straight upgrade) and kicked some puppies.

    I'm a monster.


    Sure that you didn't played with bots ? Allot of servers have bots,i found myself kicking others pretty good then i realized half of the server is filled with bots lol..Then i moved to server with REAL human beings and kicked their ass again..Since F2P its populated by retard people who can't play for shit.

  14. #16014
    Lesser Hivemind Node airtekh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I played a couple of rounds of TF2 for the first time in a year or two.

    Oh wow. Valve's done something unique in making a multiplayer game where the average skill of the community goes down over time. No hate meant by that, I'm not frustrated by lousy teams or anything, I just kinda... feel bad. I logged on and everyone was having fun with their hats and funny weapons and I came in with my asshole heavy with my asshole cheater's lament and asshole gold 'been playing longer than you' badge and vanilla setup (except the KGB, because those gloves are a straight upgrade) and kicked some puppies.

    I'm a monster.
    I imagine it's because most of the veteran players have moved on to other multiplayer games like Planetside 2. I used to play TF2 quite a lot myself, but my multiplayer game of choice in recent times has been Natural Selection 2.

    I did hop on a server the other day to try out the new maps from the recent update and was also surprised at the skill level of my opponents. I was trying out the normal spy watch (Dead Ringer got a massive nerf) and discovered that apparently very few people watch their backs for spies anymore!

  15. #16015
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    So I've been playing GT Legends. I somehow had never played much of Simbin's games before, but man, I guess I have been missing out. GT Legends is pretty amazing, and such a nice change after the disappointing Grid 2 (no, it's not just the cockpit view, the handling is awful and so are most tracks).

    Now I've been playing it pretty casually (with a controller instead of my wheel, low difficulty overall), but it's so. much. fun to drive, say, an Alfa Romeo GTA on Spa. More games should attempt to recreate older cars.

    Race 07 as a whole is great fun to drive. The various bits of it are very cheap these days but the driving is as good as ever.

    They've also got a new free to play racer out now, Raceroom Racing Experience. Aside from the terrible name it's also an excellent driving game. Last time I played there wasn't really any AI, but there are a few tracks and cars free. The sound is fantastic - the hillclimb is the first time I've been tempted to play a sim in an external cam simply because it sounds so good. Like their previous stuff, it's playable on a pad if you turn down the simulation settings/turn on some of the aids.

  16. #16016
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Sure that you didn't played with bots ? Allot of servers have bots,i found myself kicking others pretty good then i realized half of the server is filled with bots lol..Then i moved to server with REAL human beings and kicked their ass again..Since F2P its populated by retard people who can't play for shit.
    Yeah, I made sure there were no bots in the counter when I played. Much as I used to love some unreal/unreal tournament and quake 3 botmatch, I don't think I could enjoy TF2 as a solo experience.

  17. #16017
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,221
    Antichamber is giving me headaches (real ones) but I can't stop playing it.

  18. #16018
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    Race 07 as a whole is great fun to drive. The various bits of it are very cheap these days but the driving is as good as ever.

    They've also got a new free to play racer out now, Raceroom Racing Experience. Aside from the terrible name it's also an excellent driving game. Last time I played there wasn't really any AI, but there are a few tracks and cars free. The sound is fantastic - the hillclimb is the first time I've been tempted to play a sim in an external cam simply because it sounds so good. Like their previous stuff, it's playable on a pad if you turn down the simulation settings/turn on some of the aids.
    I prefer Simraceway to RR:RE, mainly because all the circuits are free, you get at least one free (licensed) car - I think you get more now than you did when I started - and it has multiplayer... Does RR:RE have that yet? Seems kind of vital to have someone to race against, last I played there was neither AI nor other people, just the clock. And some free, unlicensed cars to drive. Oh and I seem to recall that you had to buy the mode without any driving aids, but I got in on the beta so I didn't have to... Is that still true? Because if so, that's just madness gone crazy.

  19. #16019
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I bought fate of the world the other day. had some fun.... will have to come back to it in few months. fun game but can't be played for long time.
    I think i made only the tutorial mission, back then. I failed everytime on the first one.. maybe i'll go back on it :D

  20. #16020
    Activated Node Ravey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Finished Dishonored, just realized you can quick save.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •