Page 802 of 1181 FirstFirst ... 302702752792800801802803804812852902 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,040 of 23610
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I bought fate of the world the other day. had some fun.... will have to come back to it in few months. fun game but can't be played for long time.
    I think i made only the tutorial mission, back then. I failed everytime on the first one.. maybe i'll go back on it :D

Activated Node
    Finished Dishonored, just realized you can quick save.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Spent the weekend playing the hell out of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. It really is a fantastic little cart racer, and by far the best game of its kind of PC.
    I'm still playing this pretty obsessively, and still enjoying the hell out of it. Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me whether the previous game is worth a look? I've been told it's "not as good" but if anyone could elaborate, it'd be helpful.

Banned
    Played a bit of Firefall open beta today.

It needs... uh... content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Played a bit of Firefall open beta today.

It needs... uh... content.
    I stopped after a few days. Will not go back.

Finished Gunpoint. It was very short, very amusing, and surprisingly smart.

6 dead. 9 injured. 20 jobs. $13,000. I've had better weeks.

I've heard some complain that the range of mechanics isn't that wide and that the levels don't provide much all that much room for improvisation, but I was quite satisfied myself. It's true that there are often only slight variations on a single path through a level, but self-imposed challenges (ghosting, nonlethal, etc.) make it a lot more fun.

I wonder if the statistics continue to count for the missions you've completed more than once. That would explain the six deaths (more than I expected) because I replayed one of the early missions where I beat every guard into a bloody pulp. The level stats said 'psychopath'. Made me laugh.

Bioshock Infinite. It's kinda pissing me off. It just feels so scripted and without consequences. Combat is a joke and Elizabeth just keeps giving me whatever is needed if I do get in a pinch. I wish I could ditch her and just zoom around on sky rails and see the world.

I'll finish it, but unless it pulls a helluva rabbit out of its hat, this is a one and done and grateful I didn't pay full price.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I prefer Simraceway to RR:RE, mainly because all the circuits are free, you get at least one free (licensed) car - I think you get more now than you did when I started - and it has multiplayer... Does RR:RE have that yet? Seems kind of vital to have someone to race against, last I played there was neither AI nor other people, just the clock. And some free, unlicensed cars to drive. Oh and I seem to recall that you had to buy the mode without any driving aids, but I got in on the beta so I didn't have to... Is that still true? Because if so, that's just madness gone crazy.
    I haven't played in a while but a quick check says there's still no AI or multiplayer. It's all time trial leaderboards and apex hunt for now (both of which I'd happily spend hours on). It looks like they've removed the charge for sim handling and apex hunt too but I can't tell for sure. They're in the Steam store promo stuff so I guess they're standard now - sense prevails.

I thought it was pretty close to release but the lack of AI and multiplayer suggests otherwise. Still, between this, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa, life is looking good over the next year. I've also got lots of Race 07 addons completely unplayed so far.

Edit: The hillclimb

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    Race 07 as a whole is great fun to drive. The various bits of it are very cheap these days but the driving is as good as ever.

They've also got a new free to play racer out now, Raceroom Racing Experience. Aside from the terrible name it's also an excellent driving game. Last time I played there wasn't really any AI, but there are a few tracks and cars free. The sound is fantastic - the hillclimb is the first time I've been tempted to play a sim in an external cam simply because it sounds so good. Like their previous stuff, it's playable on a pad if you turn down the simulation settings/turn on some of the aids.
    Thanks. Yeah, I have R3E installed but haven't done much with it yet, too enthralled by GTL. I will definitely get Race 07+addons at the end of this Steam sale, and I hope I can get more free time soon so I can set up my wheel and play these games properly.

This should last me a while, especially since I also plan on going back to a modded F1 2012 at some point (I'll likely skip F1 2013, though. The "classic" stuff seems too tacked-on, probably better to wait for a more full-fledged mode in the future. Being able to save your progress during races seems to be the best change from last year's version.)

Did either of you guys (since we're hijacking the thread) play that Test Drive Ferrari game? I saw very few reviews, and they mostly said that while the racing itself was decent, the career mode was pretty broken/frustrating/silly.

Finished 400 Days in The Walking Dead. Kinda bummed about what ending I got (especially since one of the outcomes seems so completely asspulled and non-negotiable to boot), so I'm considering redoing the DLC. Or maybe the whole game. Can I actually start a new game without overwriting other's decisions?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Did either of you guys (since we're hijacking the thread) play that Test Drive Ferrari game? I saw very few reviews, and they mostly said that while the racing itself was decent, the career mode was pretty broken/frustrating/silly.
    I skipped it entirely. This review was the main one that put me off but mostly, it didn't seem interesting enough to distract from other games. Right now the Simbin series (Race 07 particularly), F1 2012 and Richard Burns fill my racing needs plenty.

I don't really feel the need to play multiple games that offer the same experience since you need to commit a decent amount of time to learn things for each game. There are better alternatives if you want an online structured league and competitions. Sadly, rally games have gone a little wayward and Codemasters have no F1 competition.

I'm planning to get the Race 07 expansion with the Nurburgring this sale but that should be it until the next gen of PC sims come along. Picking a track in Race 07 is a serious decision with a few of the expansions. Also GT6, which is not so PC and some time off. I hope they've managed to copy any modern game's structure a little more because GT5 had some serious flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkscare View Post
    I stopped after a few days. Will not go back.
    Yep, same. It's not unfun per se but once you've done one ARES mission, one enemy incursion and one thumper you're pretty much done with it.

Still they've improved the game quite a bit, I remember playing an early build (I'm pretty sure it was still an FPS) ages ago and the game was a giant mess back then.
    Last edited by Choca; 18-07-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Can I actually start a new game without overwriting other's decisions?
    Not sure that's what you're asking, the base game has four save slots though.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Not sure that's what you're asking, the base game has four save slots though.
    Ah, good, I got confused for some reason if everything was in a single save slot. Good to know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Ah, good to hear they stopped with that rampant silliness with charging for additional game modes in RR:RE, that was just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    I have it, but I just used an unlock everything cheat because forget career mode basically. I haven't actually played it much but it didn't seem all that bad... It's better than Grid, anyway, and there are a lot of interesting cars that can only be found there.

In order to prevent further thread hijacking, we do have a (barely active) social club for racing games here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...for-RPS-racing ... But I'm going to continue just a little bit more anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    Sadly, rally games have gone a little wayward
    Have you tried WRC 3? There's a demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravey View Post
    Finished Dishonored, just realized you can quick save.

I found quicksaving ruined the game, to a degree. You miss out by restarting after every mistake.

I tried MacGuffin's Curse because ...you know the reason: Hi, I'm alms and I'm a trading cards addict, and I don't even know why because I have a pile of unmatched cards in my inventory that I'm not selling, a fistful of euros in my Steam wallet and yet I'm not buying anything.

Now where was I? MacGuffin's, right: it's one of those games which don't look like much in the screenshots, and the idea of a variation on the sokoban theme cross whatever-kind-of-japanese-RPG-type-it-is didn't really sound appealing. Sokoban... I enjoyed that back in the day, but the past is the past, or is it not?

Well, it gets a bit to get revved up, there's the (usual) fair bit of dialogue at the beginning, even though the premise is pretty basic, and between the clumsy nipponese styled dialogue bubbles, the character art I don't like, and the lack of anything interesting to do, I was already going all curly and grumpy like 'oh I remember this got a pretty positive WIT ...see? indies have it so easy! just an unoriginal rehash of an old formula' - plus, it was misfiring on the same kind of hit and miss humor that I already grew familiar with in Jolly Rover.

But I hung on (so tough, uh?) and, lo and behold, soon it got in the groove and hit the right mix of cute and silly funny, the in-game graphics in later areas, especially outside at night, are definitely pleasing and that blue paletted, pixelly town somehow brought back a whiff of Melee Island (not saying this will be an everlasting classic, merely reporting stuff getting connected in the fat lump in my skull); most importantly, the puzzles became actual puzzles - although the best thing I can probably say is they really are intuitive enough that my fingers are often doing something to the pad and I watch them do their thing and wonder what, then my eyes go back up to the screen and find the puzzle has magically solved itself. There's challenge, some neurons must be chugging along in the background, but not that much that the narrative lose focus, just a cleverly concocted mix of escalating difficulty that keeps me interested and playing. There's a reset button in case I mess up, but it's not seeing much use.

As for the RPG portion, the characters more than the story are what makes the game enjoyable, with a bit of banter not unlike that of To The Moon. There's a fair bit of backtracking but almost zero complaints from me because the map system makes it real quick to get back to a quest giver in most instances. <Insert rant about that overrated polish epic wannabe here>

Now, I've only played about a fourth of the game (in less than three hours, snack breaks included) so still plenty of chances for things to go wrong (I'm optimist like that), but it was a real pleasant surprise and a big improvement on Jolly Rover: thumbs up from this person unit.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a nice little game.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Finished Gunpoint. It was very short, very amusing, and surprisingly smart.

6 dead. 9 injured. 20 jobs. $13,000. I've had better weeks.

I've heard some complain that the range of mechanics isn't that wide and that the levels don't provide much all that much room for improvisation, but I was quite satisfied myself. It's true that there are often only slight variations on a single path through a level, but self-imposed challenges (ghosting, nonlethal, etc.) make it a lot more fun.

I wonder if the statistics continue to count for the missions you've completed more than once. That would explain the six deaths (more than I expected) because I replayed one of the early missions where I beat every guard into a bloody pulp. The level stats said 'psychopath'. Made me laugh.
    I started playing it yesterday, and on the first mission with guards I was happily punching around like there's no tomorrow, and then later I saw the hint that it takes 10 punches to kill a guard. Oops :)

edit: What I wouldn't mind is if an average score was added like in SpaceChem. Although the game probably doesn't allow for enough variety.

Farming Skyrim for trading cards actually brought me to start a new character with it. I installed a random alternate start mod and a bunch of survival mods and I'm playing a female Dunmer nightblade. We'll see how this goes.