Page 803 of 1262 FirstFirst ... 303703753793801802803804805813853903 ... LastLast
Results 16,041 to 16,060 of 25231
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I was just starting to get comfortable with Don't Starve. Then, suddenly in the night, long black claws stretched from the shadows and smothered my campfire. To those who don't know, letting darkness envelop you is instant death. I clung desperately to my recently struck lightening conductor for the rest of the night, which gave off just enough heat and light to keep whatever's out there at bay. Now winter is here and I'm in danger of freezing to death. I have a feeling instead of living day to day, I should have been preparing for this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I really wanted to like Silent Hill 3. I really do. Team Silent just had to ruin it with static cameras and terrible controls. They don't add anything to the game but frustration and this makes me quit just 20 minutes in. God, navigating through a dark corridor, barely running straight avoiding vagina monsters is just total bullshit. I just have to get used to these to enjoy this, I guess but come on

Haha exactly,it felt okey for first Silent Hill game to have tank controls and fixed cameras,but in 2003 they should know better..If you want horror game may i suggest,condemned 1 or even better,Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I was just starting to get comfortable with Don't Starve. Then, suddenly in the night, long black claws stretched from the shadows and smothered my campfire. To those who don't know, letting darkness envelop you is instant death. I clung desperately to my recently struck lightening conductor for the rest of the night, which gave off just enough heat and light to keep whatever's out there at bay. Now winter is here and I'm in danger of freezing to death. I have a feeling instead of living day to day, I should have been preparing for this.
    Wow! My longest is only 15 days. I always stuck around those pigs but they keep eating the baits that I put in my trap. I also encounter a ruin that I think belongs to a witch once.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    I also encounter a ruin that I think belongs to a witch once.
    One thing I find impressive about Don't Starve is that after 11 hours of play and I don't know how many deaths, it's still throwing new things at me in the early stages of play (when you're setting up shop). My best is 18 days IIRC.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I screwed up. Basically when you're no longer in danger of starvation, you need to stockpile resources for the winter. That means collecting goods and storing them, as well as using a shovel to move grass and berry bushes, stuff you use every day, next to your camp. That way everything is in easy reach.

This was going well until I decided to collect some charcoal by burning trees. The trees right next to my camp. The fire spread until it consumed my beloved berry bushes, eliminating a large portion of my food.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I tried MacGuffin's Curse
    I liked MacGuffin's Curse as well, but then I also liked Jolly Rover when I played it subsequently. I found some of the later puzzles in MacGuffin tricky enough, although mostly in a "get a cup of tea and come back to it, then it's obvious" kind of way.

I've still only got a couple of days into Don't Starve, however. Berries just aren't a good enough food source for long, and they respawn slowly. I need to get faster at tooling up to eat animals.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Went ahead with Silent Hill 3 again and this time, went with easy on the action. I was going to run away from these things anyway, so why bother adding more to block my way to the other room when they just shamble around, blindly like a bat, I thought. I'm still waiting for some really fucked up stuff in here. I'm gonna regret for asking that but hey, Silent Hill. I need some scares. I also liked the fact that Heather is semi aware when I clicked on some weird stuff like that parked car in the beginnning
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Anyone played Cursed Mountain ?? I am eager to try it out. Gonna start some horror game today,still don't know which one to pick.

Obscure Node
    Borderlands 1 and 2, and occasionally L4D2. Not so much time lately so I need games where I can shoot stuff quickly, then get back to life. Would love to play through all Silent Hill again though.

Finally got around to playing the second act of Kentucky Route Zero - glad I did.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Far Cry 3. Fuck the cassowaries. Fuck them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Turn 'em into wallets. Justice.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post

http://io9.com/the-absolute-worst-wa...by-c-638534080

Holy moly look at its toes men,its like butcher knifes haha crazy nature is crazy :'(

Was so hyped up to play Lone Survivor then when i actually played it,naah. Gonna install condemned tomorrow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    This is one of those "everything in Australia is trying to kill you" things, isn't it?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    This is one of those "everything in Australia is trying to kill you" things, isn't it?
    And now I feel like I should live in Australia. I'd fit right in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Discovered something rather funny:

In Borderlands 2, there's a legendary shield called Flame of the Firehawk. What it does is, every time it's depleted, it explodes. It keeps exploding until it recharges. You're basically a walking bomb.

Also: Moxxi is an NPC that gives you various quests for which the reward is always a Moxxi-signature weapon. This weapon always grants you health when you shoot people with it.

Now, the thing is, the game just assumes whatever damage you're doing while you're wielding the weapon will suffice, even if it's not necessarily from that weapon. THUS: Flame of the Firehawk's explosions will heal you for shitloads so long as you're wielding a Moxxi-signature weapon because it's a percentage of damage done and the damage is ridonkulous.

This means god-mode: If they keep shooting at you, your shields will never recharge. If your shields never recharge, you keep exploding. If you keep exploding, you keep healing. This continues until nobody is shooting at you anymore. You're a living embodiment of endless kinetic force which you share freely with all and sundry.

Now, the only limitation is range, but here's where it gets better: As a Siren, my special ability is the Phaselock, where I lock an enemy into place. I can spec it such that that enemy then becomes a black hole that slags, burns, shocks and melts everybody that's caught in the gravitational pull all the while healing myself and all my buddies.

This morass of pain and torture is what I then hug to death.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Discovered something rather funny:

In Borderlands 2, there's a legendary shield called Flame of the Firehawk. What it does is, every time it's depleted, it explodes. It keeps exploding until it recharges. You're basically a walking bomb.

Also: Moxxi is an NPC that gives you various quests for which the reward is always a Moxxi-signature weapon. This weapon always grants you health when you shoot people with it.

Now, the thing is, the game just assumes whatever damage you're doing while you're wielding the weapon will suffice, even if it's not necessarily from that weapon. THUS: Flame of the Firehawk's explosions will heal you for shitloads so long as you're wielding a Moxxi-signature weapon because it's a percentage of damage done and the damage is ridonkulous.

This means god-mode: If they keep shooting at you, your shields will never recharge. If your shields never recharge, you keep exploding. If you keep exploding, you keep healing. This continues until nobody is shooting at you anymore. You're a living embodiment of endless kinetic force which you share freely with all and sundry.

Now, the only limitation is range, but here's where it gets better: As a Siren, my special ability is the Phaselock, where I lock an enemy into place. I can spec it such that that enemy then becomes a black hole that slags, burns, shocks and melts everybody that's caught in the gravitational pull all the while healing myself and all my buddies.

This morass of pain and torture is what I then hug to death.
    Thanks for this. I did not know this before. I have that shield. I think Krieg would very much appreciate wearing it...

I've been playing Borderlands 2 the last days rather excessively. Playing as mechromancer, I beat the main game and the first DLC which for some reason only scaled gear and enemies up to level 30 so now I'm doing the true vault hunter mode instead of the second DLC.
    I am really amazed by how good the game is. Like the RPS WIT said, it's not perfect but it's a small masterpiece. Also, the mechromancer is very fun to play, with the anarchy mechanic and the killer robot.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Civ V BNW total noob here, haen't played since Civ II, I'm in 1700's and here is whats going on:

Maybe I chose a wrong difficulty or doing something wrong but for some reasont trade is almost impossible. For every one luxury resource an AI player demands three. And even if he has no gold he is not interested in it even though I'm swimming in gold, he ignores strategic resources I'm trying to sell too. So how am I supposed to up the Hpapiness when its -4 already and I'm about to annex a 12+ city? I disabled growth everywhere. I'm trying to find natural wonders. But well, my capital is just 10 people, I feel like thats not enough when some civs have 20+ cities. Also, war. At first I got involved into a landgrab against Persians, I felt they had too much gold in one place. So, I destroyed his fleet and razed one of his cities. Then we made peace but right after that Ottomans declared war on me for some reason. I beat their fleet easily( AI is dumb), plunder their trade ways, raze one of their citites and we made peace. Then Poles attack. Why? I never even discovered where they live, we have no land connection, they have obsolete army and fleet. I beat their fleet. I harrass their land units with my Galleans( btw, why do Galleans have cannons when I didn't yet complete Gunpowder research?), plunder their trade routes... then we made peace for 15 turns. I don't get it, what did he even want with that war? My land?

It was interesting in the beginning and then ok for some time, but then with slowass dumb AI wars and unhappiness meter as the final boss I'm just tired and altf4ring out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.