Page 805 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 305705755795803804805806807815855905 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,100 of 23672
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    That's one of the fundamentally annoying things about Civ games for me, the fact that everyone is trying to "win".
    Unlike the real world, where we're all just cooperating for peace and harmony, right?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Unlike the real world, where we're all just cooperating for peace and harmony, right?
    There's a difference between striving to get the better out of a deal and mechanically refusing to even consider it because it does not fit into some preset and ridiculous victory conditions.

And yeah, in the real world, no one is going to declare war on their neighbour because they're close to a cultural victory.

I was thinking of installing a magic overhaul mod to Skyrim in an attempt to make it actually, you know, magical. Shooting fire/ice/lightning out of your hands just doesn't cut it for me. But this is the point where I need to acknowledge that it is not worth the time and effort to turn Skyrim into the game that I want it to be, because it's getting to be impossible. I'll go play a new game instead.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Finished Tomb Raider--I got this on a whim and didn't expect much from it (I've played nearly all the original tomb raiders, but never really loved the series), but I was really impressed with it. I think the entire game hinges on what a great character the new Lara is, and her general character arc (from grad student, to terrorized woman, to general hardening, to bad ass killer out for revenge) is really well done.

Plus, the game has really good taste in B-action movies. There's a direct Rambo reference and a really great reference to "The Descent" too (look out for the scene where Lara is "baptized" in a pool of blood and emerges a different woman). In fact, the game seems to have cribbed large portions of its general tone and three act, character development, structure from "The Descent" (which I'm only going on about because it's one of my favorite horror films of the past decade).

Things do get silly, but I think it's a testament to what a great character the new Croft is that she still has a sort of core of vulnerability even when she's mowing down hundreds of cult members like it's nothing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I was thinking of installing a magic overhaul mod to Skyrim in an attempt to make it actually, you know, magical. Shooting fire/ice/lightning out of your hands just doesn't cut it for me. But this is the point where I need to acknowledge that it is not worth the time and effort to turn Skyrim into the game that I want it to be, because it's getting to be impossible. I'll go play a new game instead.
    Midas magic is a really good magic overhaul mod. It brings in a lot of interesting spells and combinations that the original game didn't even touch on.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Don't tempt me! I haven't even got time to play my games, let alone make new ones.

Finished Nightmare at north point, a Short and satisfying DLC.
    Next - Zodiac tournament, than Year of the snake and after that I can finally uninstall Sleeping dogs, one if the better games that came out in 2012.

And yeah, in the real world, no one is going to declare war on their neighbour because they're close to a cultural victory.
    WE MUST PROTECT OURSELVES FROM THE INSIDIOUS SUBVERSIONS OF INTERNATIONAL COMMUNISM

*declares war on Korea*
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    There's a difference between striving to get the better out of a deal and mechanically refusing to even consider it because it does not fit into some preset and ridiculous victory conditions.

The Cold War never happened?

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    The Cold War never happened?
    *allies with Hong Kong*
    *declares war on Hanoi*

*pumps out Protestant missionaries*
    *pumps out nuclear missiles*

*gifts units to Kabul*
    *sends spy to Prague*

*rigs elections in Kiev*
    *bribes Siam*

*denounces China*
    *requests embargo on Persia*
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Nearly finished my replay of Thief: Deadly Shadows. I've just made it to the Cradle (Brr). I was going to continue my Thief binge straight into Thief Gold, but I'm waiting on a huge texture mod to be released. I'll probably get stuck into some of my steam purchases instead.

Finished Gunpoint, which was very entertaining. I love the sense of humour in the game and the rewiring mechanic lets you do some interesting stuff.

Tried out X-COM:Enemy Unknown, but I don't think it's for me. The missions are okay, but the bits in between bore me to tears. I did get the game for free so no big loss I suppose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Playing Walking Dead

so far so good. does game really offers a choice or is that an illusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Playing Walking Dead

For me its an illusion somewhat. But at least they do it in subtle way.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I AM NOT AFRAID ANYMORE! FUCK YOU HORROR GAMES! :v

No seriously,give me something that can scare me,even amnesia was so so.. I am barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    I liked MacGuffin's Curse as well, but then I also liked Jolly Rover when I played it subsequently. I found some of the later puzzles in MacGuffin tricky enough, although mostly in a "get a cup of tea and come back to it, then it's obvious" kind of way.
    Jolly Rover isn't a bad a game but there's something off about it... BTW when I said "hit and miss humor" I meant stuff like this one (from MacGuffin's of course): "This is the statue of King Raff ...it's a bit raff around the edges".

BTW I've progressed further (around 45%) and the puzzles do get more complicated, but the game has an iterative or, if you prefer, trial and error approach, where errors are not really punished that much, that it makes quite approachable. Some of them are quite long and require a sequence of fiddly moves (move this out of the way so you can move that now move that back the move this open that door close that door etc), and there are points where you can do mistakes that force you to reset the room and go through all the fiddly stuff all over again, and those are a bit boring TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    I've still only got a couple of days into Don't Starve, however. Berries just aren't a good enough food source for long, and they respawn slowly. I need to get faster at tooling up to eat animals.
    I have no problems sustatining myself on berries, killing animals however has its uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I survived winter in Don't Starve. Barely.
    Would you mind using spoiler markings for your Don't Starve posts? one of the things I like the most about it is the pleasure of discovering stuff myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    It's not the Witcher, but it works better IMO because it has characters you actually care about. In other words, if you're asking yourself the question while playing it, you're probably not going to enjoy it a lot. Or at all.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Launched a few sattelites into high orbit in Kerbal Space Program. The next phase was a small unmanned, but mannable, station. This required a heavier rocket, but surprisingly it worked quite nicely on the third launch attempt. The station is now in a 145.000m-136.000m orbit. Given said imperfect orbit, I think we won't be seeing any docking attempt to that small station soon. Of course, I forgot to add small decoupling boosters to the final two rockets, which meant they were practically in the same orbit as the station. Luckily they drifted a few kilometers away over the course of the first few trips around the world. The station should now be safe.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've been playing God Hand (PS2) this evening. Fans of emulation might want to check that one out, it's quite brilliant (and difficult).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Would you mind using spoiler markings for your Don't Starve posts? one of the things I like the most about it is the pleasure of discovering stuff myself.
    No. There's only one decent spoiler there, only understandable if you look up the reference on the Internets. Everything else is a taste to get people interested in the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    People still cant play l4d2,the basic concept of game is stick together fuckers,but nooo people don?t do that fuckers bloody fuckers

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar

While I do find your statements questionable, give Gal Civ 2 a shot. The AI is interesting enough that you get a lot of interesting things. Like one AI intentionally sabotaging itself and its allies to keep you alive so that peace won't last long enough for one of the other AIs to win.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.