Page 807 of 1260 FirstFirst ... 307707757797805806807808809817857907 ... LastLast
Results 16,121 to 16,140 of 25184
    Played Left 4 Dead 2 for the first time after getting two copies gifted during the Steam sale. Nail-bitingly entertaining, but boy is it riddled with network problems when trying to set up a game with a friend sometimes.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    Civ V. I think this is the most fun I've had with a 4x game in years. Oh and if I knew I'd like BnW this much I wouldn't have bought all the other things on sale. Oh well.
    First game in a while which has me agitated at work because I can't stop thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I stopped halfway (?) through the game, the main reason being that the puzzle part comes down to sorting through your various characters to climb an obstacle over and over again, often requiring you to use the exact same "sequence" multiple times. Does this get any better later on?
    The beginning is a bit slow, the game even says it out aloud when Thomas remarks he is being trained. The puzzles don't offer a huge range of options, but with the game being so short, I felt like there wasn't a lot of repetition... it's still sort of a king-sized gaming snack, so to speak.

The most satisfying puzzles in the game for me are those relying on the VVVVVV-inspired mechanic,which is introduced around halfway IIRC, so you might or might have not seen that already.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Next I'll attempt to get a more permanent rover onto the Mun's surface, which I realise is a bit of a reversal of the real world order of things, but there you go.
    Now that I have this flying to Mun thing under control, it wasn't actually very difficult to land the rover. An imperfect design of the final stage made the landing harder than it had to be, though: I hadn't counted on it being as light as it was. But anyway, thanks to eight solar panels and plenty of batteries the rover can drive forever in the sunlight, and through about half the 'night'. But because Mun's surface is bumpy, speeds are best kept low so as not to tip it over.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Saints Row the Third doesn't let me rebind gamepad controls. Fuck you developers. Searching for a mod to let me rebind them didn't turn up anything, anyone here have any success with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Saints Row the Third doesn't let me rebind gamepad controls. Fuck you developers. Searching for a mod to let me rebind them didn't turn up anything, anyone here have any success with that?
    Google x360ce. I've used that in a few games.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    I for one am obsessed with Saints Row 3 at the moment. Have spent hours buying all properties and completing all activities in Steelport. I think the only one I dislike is the panda skydiving, but even that is pretty awesome. Just completed the Gang Bang mission, where STAG show up. What fun!
    Ah, I re-installed it just yesterday. Going to finish Far Cry 3 first though, before jumping in and spending an hour with the SR3 character creator.

For Nalano or anyone else playing CoH2

Company of Heroes 2 Exclusive Multiplayer Commander Giveaway
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Keys available: 0

Thanks for the thought, however. :)
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Just this morning Steamgifts.com was absolutely overrun with keys originating from that giveaway. It seems someone stepped in and deleted them all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    Google x360ce. I've used that in a few games.
    x360ce is my best friend. Since starting Dark Souls I haven't seen any of the old ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    They Bleed Pixels
    Currently at Stage 4.3 which should be the last level. Nice combat and good controls. Definitely enjoying it. Quiet hard sometimes but maybe not as hard as Super Meat Boy ( I quit playing SMB at Hell Dark World half way through). Somehow I stopped playing just in the beginning some months ago. Seems it is better taking a pause between platformers (played through Cavestory before) so that it is easier getting used to new movement physics.
    I'm finding They Bleed much harder than SMB, and I found that pretty damn difficult. Only managed to get to 2:2 and woefully suck at that level. The sense of achievement at getting through the previous level was high though, which kept me at it for a while! Do you use a pad, as I'm finding the keys to be a real pain?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just beat Hexagon difficulty on super hexagon. Now on to hexagoner. By the way, is it easier or harder on touch screens?
    Last edited by Internet; 25-07-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Just beat Hexagon difficulty on super hexagon. Now on to hexagoner. By the way, is it easier or harder on touch screens?
    Completed Super Hexagon on PC and on Android tablet and phone and the hardest one for me was on the phone. But it maybe came down to the screen size because my fingers were hiding some part of the screen! I think touch controls make the game a bit harder but it also the depends on the responsiveness of the touch device.

@Gerbick: Playing with a pad!

I'm dividing my time between antichamber and Gunpoint. Both are fantastic games. I'm getting near the end of antichamber but I'm getting lost regarding of where to go yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The beginning is a bit slow, the game even says it out aloud when Thomas remarks he is being trained. The puzzles don't offer a huge range of options, but with the game being so short, I felt like there wasn't a lot of repetition... it's still sort of a king-sized gaming snack, so to speak.

The most satisfying puzzles in the game for me are those relying on the VVVVVV-inspired mechanic,which is introduced around halfway IIRC, so you might or might have not seen that already.
    Eh, every single one of those puzzles can be brute forced really easily by having the two just jump on top of each other. I was seriously able to just slide by all the puzzles with those two. I really liked the final character of the set, but I thought the last chapter was entirely superfluous.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Me too! If only I knew what happened to the other 119 minutes I've spent tripping the light hexagonal....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They Bleed is MUCH harder than SMB - but it's also more reward of exploration and experimentation - hell I think I got my money's worth out of the first 2 levels (which, in fairness, is all I've beaten thusfar)

I cannot understate the importance of realising your 5-year-old XBOX controller has a slightly wonky A button tho - that discovery was a revelation...

In other news, I tried 'Elsword' and came away soiled and injured and whilst I gave the Ring Runner piece a hard time I felt I should buy it and see for myself - and once again I bounced-off an indie space game very, very hard indeed.

Put nicely, Ring Runner is all the ingredients of at least 10 different types of cake, none of which have been mixed prior to your getting them and many of which actively conspire to spoil the others.

So it's a Kipper and Duckshit Cheesecake - in effect - tho you could make it Kipper and Pork Lard or even Chocolate and Kipper and still be hungry...

Finished Sleeping dogs DLC - Year of the snake and it's definitely the least interesting of the bunch, including the main game.
    While the two other DLCs provided a different setting and tone (a Chinese ghost story and a "Enter the dragon" thing), in YotS you are still a cop. But instead of an undercover cop, you are now a street cop fighting terrorists (mostly without much help) and creating collateral damage.

Just had a really nice game of DOTA 2 as Omniknight. We played like a proper team and won, had lots of fun.
    But the best part was the Juggernaut player on the opposing team. He kept calling our Lina a cheater because she managed to escape him twice. Then, he kept on going against our Spirit Breaker or Drow Ranger all by himself, but of course they weren't alone. So after dying he would say stuff like "Spirit breaker, come 1v1 against me" "3v1 how skilled". He must've said a variation of the latter at least four times, the dumb brick.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 25-07-2013 at 07:24 PM.