Page 808 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810818858908 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,160 of 24778
    Bought Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes in the Steam sale and have hardly stopped playing it! Well, 33 hours in a week, which is a lot for me. Also returned to Civ V, though not got latest DLC yet, and having another go at Crusader Kings 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Just had a really nice game of DOTA 2 as Omniknight. We played like a proper team and won, had lots of fun.
    But the best part was the Juggernaut player on the opposing team. He kept calling our line a cheater because she managed to escape him twice. Then, he kept on going against our Spirit Breaker or Drow Ranger all by himself, but of course they weren't alone. So after dying he would say stuff like "Spirit breaker, come 1v1 against me" "3v1 how skilled". He must've said a variation of the latter at least four times, the dumb brick.
    Those are the best people, because then you say "ok, meet at <wherever>" and then 3v1 him again. Of course you need wards to make sure they don't try to do the same thing to you.

As far as I could tell they either didn't have wards or had them on the wrong spots, whereas we did have them, so that wasn't a risk, even. But really, there was no need for that, he came at us by himself, it's almost as if he expected we would do the same, and recklessly charge against him. Another great moment was when I negated one of his Omnislash casts with my Guardian Angel. I can only imagine him screaming at his screen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Sniper Elite V2 suck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Sniper Elite V2 suck.
    Seriously? Damn, I was hopeful about that one. What's up with it?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Seriously? Damn, I was hopeful about that one. What's up with it?

Don't listen to me,its just my opinion. It feels to easy even on highest settings with all that realistic crap turned on. There is a lot of close range combat, yet you still resort to your rifle,other weapons are useless. Then stealth,its bad. No autosave,these are not consoles. Graphics are wierd,even on highest they looked kinda lacking. I don't know men,there is demo i think so you should try it out before buying,don't listen to me because i'm nut on whole realism thing.

It's just mindless, endless headshooting. It gets old really fast. played it on hard until i couldn't be bothered to wait-shoot-wait-wait-shoot my way through the last 2 missions. waste of time and money.

Hey all,

I started playing Mahjong Titans, the free version that came with my Microsoft Windows 7 software, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out exactly how it scored.

Yesterday I finally found this tutorial that has really great screen shots that thoroughly explains it all. Now I'm finally scoring over 1,000 points pretty regularly so I thought I'd share the link to those instructions for anyone who wants it.

It's @ http://donhall2nd.com/how-to/mahjong-solitaire-mahjong-titans-how-to-get-super-high-scores
    Last edited by JackieBlast; 26-07-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: missing spaces between words ;o(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shadowrun Returns. It's pretty great. It'll also shut up those kickstarter pessimists for about a day.

Finally clicked with Lunar Flight! And glad about it, I must've bounced off it at least 3 or maybe even 4 times. I really wanted to like that game... but every time something was off. Until now. Lining up your lander with the pad while desceding is sooo rewarding, as is decelerating smoothly to land it soft as a feather; being able to keep your eye on three different things at the same time, all the while having a rather precise idea what your craft is doing ...readouts! readouts! readouts! I guess it sounds a bit lifeless but it works. It gives off the same feeling as when you're really good at something (though I'm far from it) and revel in warm fuzzy satisfaction while you're doing your thing.

Been dabbling with Fortix too, 2. Can't remember the last time I actually spent more than 15 minutes with a Qix clone; the concept was neat back in the day but has it aged well? Fortix doesn't really stand out, but it's made competently and injects enough twists in the arm of the age-old formula that things are a bit (not a lot) more interesting than you might reasonably expect. It's not gonna make turn any heads, but as a game that you own already, is short and can be played without too much effort in brief sessions (half an hour), so you can add a completion to your backloggery/HLTB account, you can't really ask for much more.

As for the rest, I've decided that SR3 deserves a new video card (which I'm not buying yet), Don't Starve and MacGuffin's Curse are temporarily on hold (damn you cards!). And that reminds me, I'm a bit concerned that by the time I get unbored with The Witcher, I might not remember how to play it anymore.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Taking a break from our L4D2 sessions, my friend and me finally looked into the ME3 multiplayer. The maps are pretty good, providing both sniper spots and enough open terrain to not turtle in, especially with the bonus objectives on wave 3, but it gets surprisingly tough on level 4 if you only play it with two players instead of four...

I don't think we ever made it beyond wave 3 after reaching level 4. Either the enemies scale too agressive, or it's really meant to be played with three other human players.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Shadowrun Returns. It's pretty great. It'll also shut up those kickstarter pessimists for about a day.
    I think Kickstarter Pessimists rely on their own judgement, not yours, to evaluate Kickstarter projects

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I think Kickstarter Pessimists rely on their own judgement, not yours, to evaluate Kickstarter projects
    Yes, there is a hand-in-sand arrogance to the pessimism.

Obscure Node
    I'm playing Rollercoaster Tycoon as I found it while packing the other day and got a heavy dose of nostalgia for positioning cleaners at the exits of some of the larger coasters on vomit-watch.

I've finally made it through all of Borderlands 2 there is at the moment. Played through the game, then Captain Scarlet DLC, realized it doesn't scale past level 30, beat the game again in true vault hunter mode and then did the remaining three DLCs. Well, the first two DLCs were staggeringly mediocre with only Scarlet herself and Mr. Torgue making them tolerable. Big Game Hunt was really poor though. It was only for Assault on Dragon Keep that I didn't lose my faith in DLC and by the time I got a shotgun that shoots swords that explode and part into smaller swords that also explode, I concluded it might as well be the best thing. On top of that, I even found a legendary mechromancer class mod in a vendor machine and the really cool Dark Souls quest, complete with faux invasion. It's really good.
    I remember something from Gearbox about how every DLC for BL2 would be as good as General Knox from the first game. So yeah, that didn't happen. So far only Assault on Dragon is the only really good (campaign) DLC.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I remember something from Gearbox about how every DLC for BL2 would be as good as General Knox from the first game. So yeah, that didn't happen. So far only Assault on Dragon is the only really good (campaign) DLC.
    They outsourced the first three DLCs, presumably while they mopped up the mess made as a result of outsourcing Aliens: Colonial Marines. Personally I quite enjoyed the Torgue DLC, I have yet to make it past a certain point in the Captain Scarlett one and haven't even started Big Game Hunt, though I finished the Tina one (the story anyway) on the same day it came out. The other three do at least add more than just quests though, so while they poorly received at least we have that I guess. I would hate to be without my Hawkeye...

Lately I've been playing Dead Space 2 on my TV thanks to the magic of Big Picture, shortcuts (it's on Origin) and a massive HDMI cable. This was motivated by a friend showing me Dead Space 3 on PS3, I hadn't actually played a Dead Space game since I picked up a US import of the first game on PS3 back when I was at Uni, I loved it and finished it maybe three times but haven't been back in all that time, I've had DS2 on the shelf for ages. It's not the best game ever but I find it to be nicely produced and, yeah, I just like it.

I've also been playing Just Cause 2 on both PC and PS3 (the latter because I realised I have three trophies left and have had for years so I might as well get them) simultaneously, Dark Souls (since it works properly on my TV) and I almost cleared the entire first chapter of BIT.TRIP Runner yesterday.

Shadowrun Returns. Another Kickstarter success in which people deliver exactly what was promised. All my complaints are directly related to the budget they had, so yeah. I should be near the end though, only 7 hours in. Unless there is yet another completely unexpected twist. Might happen, you never know.

Thinking about playing Skyrim, since I still have about 45 days before I actually have to do anything productive with my time. I don't know about any of the recommended mods though. Any tips? Should I make a thread or something?

Just google best mods for skyrim,there is article on PCGAMER which describes and list all the good ones.

Banned
    Good mods for a Bethesda game? Surely thou jest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    Thinking about playing Skyrim, since I still have about 45 days before I actually have to do anything productive with my time. I don't know about any of the recommended mods though. Any tips? Should I make a thread or something?
    Been thinking of replaying Skyrim with a load of mods as well. This one in particular caught my interest. Apparently it tries to implement the dynamic, strategic, continent-wide civil war that was Bethesda's original intention. Sounds amazing.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37216//?

If you like living dangerously the same modder made this insanely hardcore-sounding dragon combat overhaul.

There are some cool lighting mods as well, which make nighttime and caves super-dark. Another that makes spells/flames etc actually illuminate the environment. Both are nice for the extra immersion, but extra harsh lighting can be a bit much, down to personal preference really. Extra gore mods are always fun. Improved snow textures are also very nice. Haven't played Skyrim for ages tho, so prob best to just search for specific versions yourself.

edit: yeah, should probably just search for an existing thread actually >.<