Page 809 of 1233 FirstFirst ... 309709759799807808809810811819859909 ... LastLast
Results 16,161 to 16,180 of 24645
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    Thinking about playing Skyrim, since I still have about 45 days before I actually have to do anything productive with my time. I don't know about any of the recommended mods though. Any tips? Should I make a thread or something?
    All of them

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Been playing some Don't Starve, and I'm genuinely impressed by the unexpected depth of the game. It's fun, it's creepy, and it generates a great "survival game" feel. I've been deliberately avoiding just about all information about the game, and playing it completely blind, but I do find there's one thing I can't figure out: how the heck do I get wooden boards? I have logs, I have sticks, I presume I have to make boards somehow but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Boards are in the materials tab, but you have to research them before you can build them using the research machine thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Boards are in the materials tab, but you have to research them before you can build them using the research machine thing.
    Hmm, maybe I missed a tab. I'll check that out, thanks!

Edit: Yup, plain as day under the "refine" tab. I don't know how I missed that!
    Last edited by vinraith; 26-07-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    On other hand i started Dead Space 1,sure its not true horror game but fuck it,suprisingly its quite fun game. It reminds me of RE4,space edition :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Good mods for a Bethesda game? Surely thou jest.
    And then I... agree with you?

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Been playing some Don't Starve, and I'm genuinely impressed by the unexpected depth of the game. It's fun, it's creepy, and it generates a great "survival game" feel.
    Dead by penguins at day 21, not a bad first game. It was my own fault, I was in a hard way and gambled that they were as passive as they looked. They weren't.

Without going into spoiler territory, how much do the other characters change the game? That is, should I restart with the scientist or would it be better to try someone else. Are the construction trees different for different people?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Dead Island: Riptide

It feels like it's held together by duct tape and prayers. It never starts at the first attempt. It's also one of the most immersive games I've ever played.
    This is strange because it's full of non-sensical gameplay systems and quirks. Something always pops up on the screen, the containers respawn, you pay workbenches to fix and upgrade your weapons, the weather changes in about one second...

I don't mind any of it.
    It does the whole loot-and-quirky-weapons thing a lot better than Borderlands. The exploration is on par with Stalker or The Elder Scrolls. It's very well balanced. There's always something new to discover or a new quest to take on. The challenge system and the continuous events are fucking amazing, as I'm always working towards something and the rewards are extremely generous. It feels like I reach Nirvana when after a couple of hours in the wild I return to the base with gifts and get a gigantic XP boost.

On top of that I love the slow pace and the combat. I suspect the sluggish movement is a dealbreaker for many, many people.
    I'm going to preorder Dying Light and Hellraid.

Came back to Borderlands 2 just to get stuck in an area (Something "Cauldron") without being able to find the exit, until I remembered that I can just quit, save and continue and start at the entrance to the level. So basically I was saved from a bad level design by a bad save system.

Borderlands 2 with some work comrades. Its fun and I do find myself loving the gun designs and humour of the game here and there but my sessions seem to be getting shorter and short as I find myself getting bored between story quests.

Also started Warframe after hearing some good reviews. Just past the tutorial and it reminds me a lot of MassEffect multi player,

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Without going into spoiler territory, how much do the other characters change the game? That is, should I restart with the scientist or would it be better to try someone else. Are the construction trees different for different people?
    Despite unlocking about 3-4 other characters IIRC, I only played Wilson being under the impression that he's the best character to learn the ropes; the others have traits that seemed to me better saved for when you've played it to satisfaction and would like to add some twists. A common remark from alpha players was their running out of content quickly.

I can't be sure, but saw no hint that the trees would be different.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Started playing Dishonored, stealthy and non-lethal of course. The first proper mission is gloriously long! Loving the world and the complexity of the levels.

At one point I got spotted and thought what the hell, murdered four guards at the same time before reloading. The sword fighting seems quite beautifully fluid. Might have to do a murderous speed-playthrough once I finish this one.

Oh, and they should totally have used British voice actors.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I just tried a ridiculous strategy and it worked:

Don't build any base buildings as Soviets in a CoH2 skirmish. Just spam conscripts and, if necessary, call-in units.

At one point I had three groups of three conscript squads each - Oorah! Molotov! - and while they don't last long under pressure, they're cheap as fuck, there's a million of 'em and they can outcap and therefore bleed the Germans for resources.

It was a 2v2, and I took the top half and my teammate did the traditional thing and took the bottom. At no point did I not have more or less all of the top, whereas my teammate was having troubles keeping 50% of the bottom, so I saw vehicles earlier than I wanted, but far, far later than the Germans wanted - we're talking 15 minutes without a vehicle, and 22 before a tank. By the time the tank came, I'd already been able to call in four T-34/85s because I had not spent any fuel on anything except conscript upgrades.

The MG42s could handle one or two conscripts, but not when you have so many and can just outflank 'em and Molotov from all directions. The scout cars and halftracks lasted about two seconds because the enemy would run them into my conscripts and then three AT grenades would go off at once. At the end of the match I had 105 deaths (to 207 kills) but didn't lose a single Conscript squad, so they were all vet 2 or 3 and thus that much harder to kill.

Mortars? Oorah and steal the mortar. Because I had the initiative the whole match it was hilariously easy to deal with the enemies as they came. Germans work best when they can dig in somewhere - but the sheer amount of flanking you can do with 7+ conscripts makes it nigh-impossible for them to cover all the bases. And of you lose 'em, who cares? They are cheeeep
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Banned
    Well strats that work in 2v2 rarely work in 1v1, but good job breaking the game nonetheless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Well strats that work in 2v2 rarely work in 1v1, but good job breaking the game nonetheless.
    Actually, it's a strat that works best in smaller maps like 1v1s because of the sheer amount of running around necessary for the Soviets. It's the larger maps where the strat loses its luster because it's harder to lock down every means for Germans to get munitions and fuel.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    OK, they restarted the giveaway . As of this writing there are 7243 key available.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Intrusion II

Ok, it feels like a well-made flash shoot-em-up but there is a problem - it's rather boring and repetitive in my opinion, almost all stages should have been at least two times shorter. There is no real fun in the gameplay itself and in the scripted sequences, the only fun is from ridiculous boss-battles and firing ray-gun. All in all, a quality game for nostalgia-platformer crowd. Played for an hour and I doubt I'll touch it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

I'm staring blankly on the screen not knowing what the hell should I play in this fine Sunday evening. I played a bit of Fallout 2, earlier. I'm curious of how much 'experience' does it take for me to get that powerfist off that guy after I win the arm-wrestling contest.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

I've been playing the first 6 hours or so of The Witcher 2 and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
    On one hand the graphics are mostly gorgeus (Though I really dislike the way they do shading, it's too noticeable), the combat is way better than the first game's (But I miss combat styles) and the story is decidedly less silly.
    On the other hand I hate the quicktime events (Specially those in the minigames), the cutsceney bits are poorly integrated (Hate it when an execution move seems to teleport me and the executioned to another section on the map, just to come back to where we were originally), it's way less intuitive on almost every regard, it has poorly made mandatory stealth sections, and the autosave being broken has fucked me over a couple of times. There's something else that puts me off, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 28-07-2013 at 11:18 AM.

The stealth sections in Witcher 2 are just moronic and completely unnecessary. I had to quicksave my way past nearly every one of them.