Page 813 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 313713763803811812813814815823863913 ... LastLast
Results 16,241 to 16,260 of 23245
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I just finished Far Cry 3. According to the statistics page, I killed 1541 people by the end of the game. If we assume an average height of 1.75m it would mean a human length of 2696.75m has been liquidated. This is also the driving distance between Lake Cowichan in British Columbia and Kincardine in Ontario. Think about that for a while.
    Canadian math. I always wonder how you hosers get so good with numbers.

I just finished Far Cry 3. According to the statistics page, I killed 1541 people by the end of the game. If we assume an average height of 1.75 m it would mean a human length of 2696.75 m has been liquidated. This is also the driving distance between Lake Cowichan in British Columbia and Kincardine in Ontario. Think about that for a while.
    I've got an extension for that. It says 1541 people ≈ population of Christmas Island, nation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I wonder how many games allow you to plausibly get a body count that would stretch all around the equator. You'd need... about 25 million corpses?
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Any game that allows you to use a large bomb/bomb from orbit? I'm sure there's the odd game that allows you to blow up a planet.

Reminds me of the orphan stat in Alpha Protocol, which gave a direct means of measuring how much of a bastard you are.

While I'm here then, a bit of Star Trek: Online and its decent space combat. A smidge of Sonic and All Stars Racing Trasnformed, of which I managed to reach 100% completion and unlock the Triple Star award/achievement. Of course, it should be noted that you can surpass 100%; I think it goes up to 104 or 106. Some of the time trials can go suck it though, just absurdly hard. Great challenge though, really highlights just how good the game is.

I suppose the biggest one though would be Dota 2. It's just fun to play and there's a real sense of satisfaction that comes from a long, balanced game that even if you do lose, you feel like it was a good fight and that everyone won in enjoyment. Of course, that doesn't always happen thanks to smurf accounts hampering an already not great matchmaking system.

In the mean time, my backlog weeps.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 30-07-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I wonder how many games allow you to plausibly get a body count that would stretch all around the equator. You'd need... about 25 million corpses?
    Any single planetary siege in Sword of the Stars comes to mind. Casualties are regularly in the 10's or 100's of millions.
    Last edited by vinraith; 30-07-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Inspiring me to check my unimpressive multiplayer stats.

Strangely, I stopped playing Battlefield 3 and BFBC2 at approximately the same times (around level 15) but the kills in Battlefield 3 were almost exactly half what they were in Bad Company 2:

Battlefield 3: 552 Kills
    Bad Company 2 (on PC): 1,103 Kills
    Bad Company 2 (on XBOX): 2,198 Kills

...so that's weird.

Otherwise, I'm currently playing Crusader Kings 2, the Ys Series, and trying to get 100% Completion in Red Dead Redemption.

My kills in RDR are rather monstrous. I don't remember the total count up to this point, but I'd imagine it's somewhere in the 10,000+ range. You kill a lot of people in that game when you spend 150 hours running around.

Now I'll have to look up the stats for every other game I own, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I just finished Far Cry 3. According to the statistics page, I killed 1541 people by the end of the game. If we assume an average height of 1.75m it would mean a human length of 2696.75m has been liquidated. This is also the driving distance between Lake Cowichan in British Columbia and Kincardine in Ontario. Think about that for a while.
    In Max Payne 3 I killed more people through Head shots alone -so there were hundreds of other deaths too-in a narrative time frame of about a week than my entire army did in Shogun 2 in a full stacks battle with unit sizes on huge.

In between long sessions of Brave New World which really improves Civ V (although it needs patching. Some things are a little unbalanced although nothing major) I've also been playing Mark of the Ninja. Loving this even though I'm not usually that big on stealth. It's all put together beautifully well.

And comparing your scores at the end of each stage with those in your friends list is a nice touch. I'm a few stages in but I'm finally beating Mnemnoch's scores :)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    DefCon? No need for fancy technology, just plain old nukes.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronSky View Post

Strangely, I stopped playing Battlefield 3 and BFBC2 at approximately the same times (around level 15) but the kills in Battlefield 3 were almost exactly half what they were in Bad Company 2:

Battlefield 3: 552 Kills
    Bad Company 2 (on PC): 1,103 Kills
    Bad Company 2 (on XBOX): 2,198 Kills

...so that's weird.
    Actually, I don't think it is. A lot of BC2's maps are infantry focused so you're more likely to be engaging in on foot shoot-outs. The reduction in vehicles means less support points for repairing, the fact that regenerating health was faster in BC2 also negated significant use of med packs leaving ammo the only immediate resource. You also get a lot more assist/squad based points in BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    DefCon? No need for fancy technology, just plain old nukes.
    Oh geez. It's like that scene in War Games, except you feel a tingling sense of responsibility that millions have just died under your watch and there was nothing you could do to save them.