Page 814 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816824864914 ... LastLast
Results 16,261 to 16,280 of 24142
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Well this is crazy,i just completed demo for Castlevania and took allot of screenis but now there are no screenis at all,and i took at least 25 of them..Jeez,otherwise it runs perfectly with at least 60 fps on max settings 1680x1050 and i have 5 years old computer now (E6550,ATI 4850, 2 gb).

But somehow i don't like the look of game,everything looks so gloomy lol,otherwise gameplay is decent,gonna get this when it comes out now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    The distinction is seemingly between people who think that "roleplay" means "choose one from a small number of pre-written dialogue choices determined by the designers and have the world react according to a single pre-written dialogue choice determined by the designers" and those who think it means "choose an action from a large set of plausible actions and have the world respond based on the world's current state and the skill of the character at that particular action".
    Related to this, I've always found it very odd that, for some reason or other, role-play in MMOs has seemingly become irreconcilably divorced from most of the actual gameplay. Travelling to a region to complete a quest and fight monsters? Not role-play! "It's just a quest lol. Need the EXP." Talk about doing something like that at an unspecified moment while standing around in a hub-city? Definitely role-play!

Anyway, I finished the campaign of CastleStorm, which had prevented me from getting started with this year's Tomb Raider. I now think I'll attempt to finish Assassin's Creed II first.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Obscure Node
    I am running a Firefall tournament at the moment for Red5Studios and while the game is in the beta the feedback from our participants goes directly into the development =) so I like Firefall and play it as I am an old UT04 and UT 99 and Quake person http://www.esl.eu/eu/firefall/

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Is there a reason why its like that in the US though? I never understood why it developed so differently over there.
    A lot of countries has had a myriad of different systems over the years, but eventually we got fed up and standardized. I guess the US, being a bit isolated from Europe, had less pressure to join the horde. Also, I can well imagine there was/is a bit of cultural resistance to falling in line with the opressors that were the reason they left in the first place etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Just bought a load of RS Gold

Banned
    Uh, "what the US uses" is heavily based on the Imperial system - so called because it was a standard in the British Empire. So if you go with the "oppressors" logic, US should be roaring to change it.

Also, dilemma: should I play the Baldur's Gate Trilogy solo, with a bit of cheating, or duo, with minimal cheating?

Played the firs mission of Hitman: Absolution and so far nothing there makes want to come back. The gameplay is O.K but a bit stressing (stealth + all those in-game achievements does that to me), main character is unlikable (never played too much of the previous hitmans, so I'm bot too familiar with 47), the story is not very interesting and the setting is nothing we haven't seen before.

But I'm still going to give it another chance and play the second mission, before giving up.

Other than Hitman, I'm playing plenty of torchlight 2 and FTL these days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Played the firs mission of Hitman: Absolution and so far nothing there makes want to come back. The gameplay is O.K but a bit stressing (stealth + all those in-game achievements does that to me), main character is unlikable (never played too much of the previous hitmans, so I'm bot too familiar with 47), the story is not very interesting and the setting is nothing we haven't seen before.

But I'm still going to give it another chance and play the second mission, before giving up.

Other than Hitman, I'm playing plenty of torchlight 2 and FTL these days.

I'm playing some torchlight 2 as well. 2 hander wielding engineer with lots and lots of forcefield. Going well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Well this is crazy,i just completed demo for Castlevania and took allot of screenis but now there are no screenis at all,and i took at least 25 of them..
    Did you use the game's own screenshot function? Some games store these screenshot in mind-bendingly odd locations. If with Steam, Fraps, or similar - that is indeed odd. The most common problem I've encountered with screenshots is the infamous black screen, which often hints at some mismatch between the driver and the game, and that can be almost impossible to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Uh, "what the US uses" is heavily based on the Imperial system - so called because it was a standard in the British Empire. So if you go with the "oppressors" logic, US should be roaring to change it.
    Like 'vell0cet' noted in this rather amusing thread I keep bookmarked for such occasions: 'Mile is a foreign language?! We should change it to 1776 yards in a mile and change the name to a "Freedom"!'
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

I've been surprised by how much fun I'm having with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I haven't played Counter-Strike properly for over 10 years, so it's been a bit of a nostalgia trip. Oddly enough it's not the classic maps that are providing the entertainment, but the new modes of Arms Race and Demolition. The action happens so quickly that death is almost meaningless, and you're back in the fight in seconds.

Finished Max Payne 3, which was very enjoyable. The sun-drenched setting of Sao Paulo seems odd at first, but it does gel after a while. The shooting was top notch though, Rockstar really nailed the combat.

Teleglitch is interesting, but it's not as random as I thought it would be. I've played the first level a bunch of times now, and it always seems to have the same rooms and the same stuff in them, but arranged differently. It is fun though; it's like a top-down version of Doom, where you can make your own weapons.

Finished They Bleed Pixels. Getting all the books in the last levels was a real pain. Fun platformer overall.

Started playing Stalker - Clear Sky with Complete Mod. I am out of the swamp (I hurried out there as fast as possible - why a swamp as the first location ffs!) and now I am back to the Cordon. Somehow I doesnt have the same feel as SoC, feels a bit rushed with putting you in the action at once. Been playing for a bit more then one hour and it crashed 4 times already. Will stick to it for now and see how it goes on!

Just finished the original Bioshock. It was a good game. I don't see why it's seen as the pinnacle of story in videogames, since the story is pretty simple and gamey. maybe I've played too many post-bioshock games to find it impressive. Either way, the aesthetic elements are what make it for me. Rapture is like visual poetry. Gameplay is interesting enough but gets old fast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Shooting was great in Max Payne 3, but I particularly enjoyed the fact that Max, as a supposedly middle aged man, couldn’t get from a position on the floor without having to stand fully erect before being able to crouch or roll as is the case in virtually every other cover shooter which features clearly fitter and more physically capable specimens. In a game which prizes realism this was the icing on the cake for me.

I think the hype with Bioshock was its lineage more than anything, but for all that it was nevertheless one of the first shooters in a quite a while which wasn’t just grunty military men shooting other army types. In hindsight that might not have been the best thing because what’s most obvious when playing Bioshock or games of its ilk is that shooting millions of people outside of a grunty military context feels rather pointless and confused. In my opinion anyway. I didn't play it til last year but imagine I would have felt no different back in 2007.
    Last edited by sonson; 31-07-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Hey guys any recommendations for a strategy game with tanks or something similar but ONLY with vehicles in which positioning is important?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Hey guys any recommendations for a strategy game with tanks or something similar but ONLY with vehicles in which positioning is important?
    You could try Panzer Claws.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    You could try Panzer Claws.
    Hmm will try to see if i can get it.

BTW, i didn't mean only with tanks, it can also be with spaceships etc. I just want something in which positioning matters more and units don't die from just one shot.

Can anyone tell me if this works?

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

Can anyone tell me if this works?
    Has Rollercoaster Tycoon ever had visible neighbor parks?

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    Has Rollercoaster Tycoon ever had visible neighbor parks?
    Not that I remember, but I never completed all the scenarios. There's a list of them here: http://rct.wikia.com/wiki/The_Complete_Scenario_List

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Picked up Driver: San Francisco in the Gamersgate sale yesterday and have been dabbling with it. It's a very unique thing, and seems like it has enormous potential as a sort of hybrid driving/puzzle game, but I'm having a devil of a time with vehicle control. I haven't played a Driver game since the original, which may be the problem, but does anyone have any tips on executing controlled slides and good turns in general?

Also still playing Sonic Racing Transformed (talk about a different driving model) and Don't Starve and enjoying both immensely.