Page 816 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 316716766806814815816817818826866916 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,320 of 23788
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Well, if Furion was fast it would make him a bit too strong what with his global teleport. As far as DK dying a lot, it really shouldn't happen, but people tend to gang up on him, and he's not that great at running away from more than one person. I think the trick is forgetting how tanky he can be an playing him very cautiously.
    maybe. I think I need to change my playstyle with both of them. Furion, especially. He's more about bbackdooring and support than rather than pushing or carrying anyway.

I'm trying out Kunkka right now and man, I tell you, he's real good. and I mean REAL good. Love his abilities, his attacks, his looks (he's a goddamn admiral, for god's sake!) everything about him. I could easily adapt to Yurnero's playstyle with his, items-wise
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    I finished the main story of Skyrim after winning the civil war for the Imperials. I don't understand why anyone would side with the Stormcloaks. They are like the Legion of NV, there aren't many compelling reasons to join the fascist pigs.
    Not sure how they're fascist. Racist, yes, but anyway: there's a few reasons to favour the Stormcloaks over the Empire.

The Empire tried to have your character executed.
    The Empire is led by people (mostly) foreign to Skyrim.
    The Empire is a puppet of the deeply racist Thalmor elves.
    The Empire was forced to cede a large part of Skyrim's neighbouring province of Hammerfell to direct elven control. This is surely a disturbing precedent.
    The Empire and Thalmor elves outlawed the worship of Talos, the most prominent hero-god of Mankind and very popular in Skyrim.
    The Empire and Thalmor elves outlawed the Blades, prominent Talos worshippers and protectors of the Dragonborn.

Most of this is the result of the White-Gold Concordat.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

And it goes from mattering very little to not at all if you aren't Nord or Human.

Banned
    If you have no principles or morality of your own, sure?

The Stormcloaks vs. Empire conflict is one of the better designed aspects of Skyrim, as it's hard to just pick one side and say "these guys are the good guys".

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    maybe. I think I need to change my playstyle with both of them. Furion, especially. He's more about bbackdooring and support than rather than pushing or carrying anyway.

I'm trying out Kunkka right now and man, I tell you, he's real good. and I mean REAL good. Love his abilities, his attacks, his looks (he's a goddamn admiral, for god's sake!) everything about him. I could easily adapt to Yurnero's playstyle with his, items-wise
    Oh, Furion is quite good at pushing, you simply push the towers where there's nobody using all your little trees. If someone comes to defend the tower toleport away and come back once it's by it's own. At least that's the way I get the impression he should be played.

Yeah, Kunkka seems very good, once Dark Seer stops being the novelty for me I might try him. Although I want to try Nightstalker too.

I am liking Stealth Bastard Deluxe so far (but only played up to 2-2), which makes me happy because I wanted to like it, and surprised, because I bounced off the free version pretty quickly and was kind of expecting the same here. Still, mildly perplexed by the toy unlock mechanism.

Question: are the two extra levels worth unlocking?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Half-life 2: Deatmach

This is the reigning title in our team and always a much anticipated place of peace and harmony after a long day of hard work.
    Other titles that some of our team members are currently playing are: Borderlines 2, Off-road Drive, Shadowrun Returns, Warlords Battlecry 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    If you have no principles or morality of your own, sure?

The Stormcloaks vs. Empire conflict is one of the better designed aspects of Skyrim, as it's hard to just pick one side and say "these guys are the good guys".
    I wouldn't exactly call it well designed. It's difficult to care, you cannot bring into light what you would think would be extremely controversial documents, the questline itself is a series of mirrored, uninteresting fights you cannot lose, etc. Not to mention that they each end in the opposing faction's capital, killing their respective leaders... which you easily could have done at any prior point, had they not been "essential" characters.
    Last edited by wrestledwithgod; 02-08-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Public service announcement / random memory / reminder to myself for the weekend: Glum Buster was a good free game. (Which RPS wrote briefly about many aeons ago, but even that article contains a few mini-spoilers).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Finished Dungeon Siege III DLC quest. Damn Reinhardt is a glass cannon character. I can do a tonne of damage but a few mistakes and that's it. Luckily the AI companion is pretty fantastic at running over and picking my 0HP ass up off the floor, if she isn't dead too that is.

Now on to the endgame with Jeyne Kassynder. I'm sure Jeyne Kassynder is going to prove troublesome. Jeyne Kassynder is the big bad after all. Have I mentioned how they always call her Jeyne Kassynder? No just using a first or last name, Jeyne Kassynder must only be called Jeyne Kassynder.

[by the way, did I miss what happened to Nalano?]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    And it goes from mattering very little to not at all if you aren't Nord or Human.
    If the precedent being set by the despotic and racist Thalmor elves doesn't impress your character, I suppose. The Stormcloaks might come across as bunch of provincial Rough Riders, lacking the refined cosmopolitan views and discipline of the people of Cyrodiil, but that's probably because they are. And for the reasons outlined in my earlier post, the Thalmor elves and their Empire puppets have thoroughly pissed them off.

Anyway, speaking of the Skyrim Civil War. This seems to be an interesting mod that claims to address some of the more prominent issues and disappointing shortcomings of Bethesda's implementation: Civil War Overhaul. Has anyone tried it?
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Yes. It's not all that different apart from adding a few more types of enemies and battles for the big cities. You actually have to make your way through the city to get the enemy thane to surrender. It's good and adds more to the civil war though.

Spoiler: Ulfric used to be a Thalmor spy, and Thalmor still consider him one.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 04-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Started playing Scribblaunts with my five years old daughter and it was quite fun to see her finding some original solutions to the problems (and some of them even worked).

Also got more into Hitman:Cutscenes. The levels are small but with many ways for improvisation and screwing up is also a viable option (reloading checkpoints is tedious and boring). But the cut-scenes between levels can be too long and quite boring, so at this point I have no idea who am I killing and how it's connected to the girl from the first mission. And I don't really care.

Will probably stick to it until I get bored or start something else.

I'm playing Zeno Clash 2. I'm not liking the combat system as much as the first one, it's definitely less responsive and it's harder to pull off combo's. The open-world elements don't really improve on the game either. I definitely wanted more Zenozoik, but this is just a half-assed way to go at it.

I am digging the story, on the other hand. I even dug out the alphabet chart that I decoded at the time of the first game, but sadly all the text I've found so far has been Lorem ipsum.

Spoiler:
    Dude, white-text that bit at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Finished my first Campaign in Shogun 2 as the Shimazu, clinging to Kyoto and for a hard fought victory. Vert much enjoyable. Going to try the Fall of the Samurai DLC next.

Also just unlocked the secret secret bonus final challenge level 'The Chest' in Binding of Isaac

Whilst trying to unlock the final two ships in FTL before trying out the Captain's Edition Mod.

Next on the list is probably a second run at Skyrim​, which I feel I haven't really made much headroom in.

Sherlock Holmes: Awakened. I don't know what to think so far - the premise and atmosphere is rather nice and there are nice touches here and there, but then again it sometimes falls into pixel-hunt-like moments and Holmes throwing facts out into the air without telling player first (like after the first scene, he mentions a sailor with silver eyeball to bartender - something I don't have any memory of being mentioned anywhere!).

[E] Actually, revising the dialogues there's a mention of him. Guess I just missed that.
    Last edited by Kaira-; 03-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    COH - Blitzkrieg mod,gonna try and complete game plus addons this time even if its on easy xD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wargame: Airland Battle- I'm really enjoying the dynamic campaign. In particular I like the way the battlegroups are handled. Each one has it's own set composition, limiting what you can bring in to the fight. This makes for some interesting tactical challenges, like managing a commando brigade with no tank support. Further, losses on the tactical map are permanent for that battlegroup, and some of your units are scarce. Lose too much anti-aircraft and you're going to have trouble from the skies.

It's so much more natural than the very artificial setups scripted campaigns give you, and to my mind far more interesting.

Having bought Fallout 3 on Steam, and managing to get a key, I am playing it on my third platform. Already played it on Xbox and PS3. This time I'm scavenging, repairing and pistol popping. Trying Morrowind again having installing the Overhaul 3 mod. Much better. Still enjoying Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes very much.
    Respectable people... What bastards! - Emile Zola

Currently playing Dont Starve. Found a nice setup for my base, Pig King and a large Pig village at the right, Beefalo and lots of stones north of the map, forest to the left and a little swamp at my south. I spend most of my days exploring the map and only sleep at my base to dump my hauls.

All is going well until I spend the night at my base during the full moon. Lesson learned: Dont camp near those f***king pigs.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem