Page 820 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 320720770810818819820821822830870920 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,400 of 25150
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    MOTHERFUCKING COH!!! I missed this game. TO THE COOP CHOPER! trptrptrp

I played a few rounds of SOTS: The Pit, thinking that I might enjoy another turn-based roguelike, but it's a bit boring. I was hoping to play a sort of mechanically similar Dungeons of Dredmor on a smaller scale and in a sci-fi setting, but it went a bit too far in the other direction. You have three classes, and they share about a dozen skills, many of which seem to do the same thing: open doors and containers. Combat doesn't seem to be especially interesting either; I'm either knifing enemies or shooting them. There's also crafting, but you have to discover the recipes over multiple playthroughs in a sort of meta-progress, so I guess that means my options in the early game are pretty limited. Overall, not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I was looking at those achievement notifications in my activity feed and thought "That looks like a hidden object game... Nah, can't possibly be."
    And I thought I never had a reputation to destroy :P My gateway drug was The Tiny Bang Story, lavishly illustrated, almost on the same level as Machinarium (whose gameplay is in a sort of middle ground between that of TTBS and a proper adventure game). I'm also curious about Dark Strokes but sadly that's not on Steam. Pickers has a plainer, less artsy look but s very well made (professionally, you could say) nonetheless
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    DRAGON COMMANDER.

Yes, it is a lot of fun. Although the religious fundamentalists and the capitalists are not happy with how I run things. Oh well, just like real world.
    Man, I must be really out of practise when it comes to RTS, I'm getting beasted. Being really aggressive during the battle seems to be the way to go, but my natural instinct is to hunker down and build turrets. The enemy doesn't even bother with them. I had to go to the options and slow the game down to give myself a chance.

I didn't know you'd be able to pick your dragon and they'd have different styles and abilities. That's cool.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Man, I must be really out of practise when it comes to RTS, I'm getting beasted. Being really aggressive during the battle seems to be the way to go, but my natural instinct is to hunker down and build turrets. The enemy doesn't even bother with them. I had to go to the options and slow the game down to give myself a chance.

I didn't know you'd be able to pick your dragon and they'd have different styles and abilities. That's cool.
    Turtling has more or less gone the way of the Age of Empires series for the time being I would say

You have to.. uh, think like a dragon! Bwhahaha. It does get hard later on when the enemy starts to use stealth and all that sort of thing. Annoying, really. I try to win my battles in the strategy screen and RTS battles and the DRAGON COMMANDER is best used on fights your army or generals can't win on their own.

Right now I'm having more trouble with the Dragon form since you can't build units and your control over your army is rather limited.

Door Kickers Alpha 4

You have to.. uh, think like a dragon! Bwhahaha. It does get hard later on when the enemy starts to use stealth and all that sort of thing. Annoying, really. I try to win my battles in the strategy screen and RTS battles and the DRAGON COMMANDER is best used on fights your army or generals can't win on their own.

Right now I'm having more trouble with the Dragon form since you can't build units and your control over your army is rather limited.
    Sounds like Brutal Legend, Rise of Nations and Kings Bounty crossed. Which sounds good.
    Last edited by sonson; 06-08-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    But it also has the new infected, the OP guns(AK, Magnum), the character animation issues(because they used L4D2 animations for L4D1 models which doesn't work perfectly), character sound issues(a lot of character voices/callouts are missing, this is a case with entire L4D2) and it's smoother/prettier. Which is a bad thing for a game about zombie apocalypse.
    Personally I wouldn't go back to the first game for adversarial play simply because of the Kali-closets.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Past the first chapter in Dragon Commander and have no idea where to go from here. I start right next to this badass opponent who is absurdly overpowered and can probably take my headquarters in two turns. I've got three ships but what do I do with them? Make land grabs? What's the point? Obviously there's some strategy here that eludes me.

Just had the most fun game of DOTA 2 yet. I was playing support Leshrac, had nice people on the team and we generally played well. In the end we were missing mid and bot rax and so were the opponents, but a good teamfight gave them the edge.
    Sadly something went wrong when I hit close on the scoreboard at the end. The servers decided I was still on the middle of a game. If I tried to reconnect the game was not found (obviously) and so I had to "abandon" it, so now it isn't on my statistics and I missed any possible drop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Personally I wouldn't go back to the first game for adversarial play simply because of the Kali-closets.
    Yeah. The Spitter was a well thought out addition and a fine solution to corner stacking. I wouldn't want to play without them.

Past the first chapter in Dragon Commander and have no idea where to go from here. I start right next to this badass opponent who is absurdly overpowered and can probably take my headquarters in two turns. I've got three ships but what do I do with them? Make land grabs? What's the point? Obviously there's some strategy here that eludes me.
    Yeah it's scary at first but you should go for the mainland while leaving a small force to defend your capitol. The AIs also fight each other so it's not nearly as bad as it looks.

Some thoughts on Mass Effect 2 on Insanity difficulty;

- Even though I'm playing this with a maxed out imported ME2 character from a previous playthrough, who was herself ported over from a level 60 ME1 playthrough, and it's still incredible how hard this difficulty level is.

- There are certain parts I've had to replay nearly a dozen times each. In particular, that bit in Archangels' base where you have to seal the shutters. Coming round that blind corner where a Vorcha pyro is waiting for you is frustratingly lethal unless you manage to get very lucky with an overload or incinerate to detonate the bastard.

- Kasumi: Stealing Memory is made even more difficult because there are only two of you on the mission rather than the usual three.

- I am dreading a couple of later fights. Zaeed's loyalty mission has endlessly respawning enemies in that room with the overhead flame-spewing tanks, and I barely got through that on a lesser difficulty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    - Even though I'm playing this with a maxed out imported ME2 character from a previous playthrough, who was herself ported over from a level 60 ME1 playthrough, and it's still incredible how hard this difficulty level is.
    There seems to be scaling involved, to the extent that I found it easier to play a new character rather than a high-level character.

I'm playing Dragonborn. I'm not normally one for nostalgia but wandering around Raven Rock listening to the Morrowind music did make me think of being a 17-year-old swimming in his first Elder Scrolls game. It's actually somewhat sad because I don't think I'm able to get into RPGs as much as I could in my late teens.

Then my follower vanished randomly and the game slowed down to a crawl. Good old Elder Scrolls.
    Last edited by NathanH; 07-08-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Then my follower vanished randomly and the game slowed down to a crawl. Good old Elder Scrolls.
    Gotta love dem bugs.
    I had my horse vanish once. I found it a few minutes later, dead, with most of the body clipping down through the ground. Only the head was poking up. Silly horsey.

Lately I've been playing some Rising Storm. I'm always impressed by how much of a difference a good commander can do in a match.

Playing DoW2: Retribution. Impy Goo on hard. Glorious, glorious flammenwerfers with constant executions to be had. I think I would've outspammed the Nids if this keeps on
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Yeah it's scary at first but you should go for the mainland while leaving a small force to defend your capitol. The AIs also fight each other so it's not nearly as bad as it looks.
    Thankfully something happens a few turns in to help out, and now in an unrelated event I've just been to the heart of the ship and seen what's in there - powers at an unconscionable moral price. I may just take it if I get desperate.

Finished my first play through of Borderlands with my wee bro. We had a great time throughout, but the shift to the Aliens at the end is about as enjoyable as it was in Crysis and Half Life.

Sudden Aliens are shit. Don't give me Sudden Aliens at the end of a game ever again. No. They do not work on any level. They do not explain the plot, all they explain is that you couldn't resolve the plot without having to resort to saying Aliens did it. They are not cool or fun to fight, just irritating. They are never creative. They never even really look that Alien or do particularity Alien stuff. They still just shoot you or hit you. In sum, there's nothing Alien about them other than the fact that they DON'T FUCKING BELONG AT THE END OF GOOD GAMES.

NO MORE SUDDEN ALIENS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The worst thing we found out about the Sudden Aliens in Borderlands 1 was that you can run by the majority of them and they pose very little treat. That entire section before the last boss can just be sprinted through, so you skip all the aliens.

The DLC for that game is pretty good, clatraps and noxx's in particular. Moxxies is a bit meh as it's just a wave based arena fighter.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID