Page 822 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 322722772812820821822823824832872922 ... LastLast
Results 16,421 to 16,440 of 25140
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played two hours of Assassin's Creed II. I had the impression (or hope?) the story was getting close to a conclusion. Turns out this is chapter 5 of 13. Ugh... That said, the story is actually quite amusing. There are so many references, clues, glyphs etc. scattered about that it reminds me of the reactions to the TV-series Lost (which I did not see). The gameplay though I'm not so sure about. It still suffers from the 'one enemy at a time'-combat that plagued the original, and it seems the assassinations have gotten progressively less stealthy.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 07-08-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Played about the first half hour of The Dream Machine, Chapter 1, until I got stuck (can't find the thing to loosen the floor board or the address of the building). What little I've played is interesting, and the apartment in particular is well crafted and realistic. I got it in an Indie Royale bundle ages ago and didn't touch it until now.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Defense Grid. And I'm not very good at it. I finished the base game a long time ago, but I think there's something very basic I'm missing because I have problems getting Gold and even Silver on numerous levels and I get slaughtered on the You Monster and Containment DLC levels.
    Most of the time it doesn't bother me that much because I'm still having fun, but still, it puzzles me a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Risen 2. Love the atmosphere, might even buy dlc. Hate the combat. I'm having too much fun being a voodoo thief with a trained monkey accomplice to mind.

Finished the story mode of Zeno Clash 2, then did the two available challenge modes for good measure. That was pathetically easy, I completed all 50 rounds in a single try. Zeno Clash 1's challenge mode had me bouncing against the walls in frustration, but this one was a breeze. I'm #48 on the leaderboard, so it seems I'm actually in the high tier.

The other challenge mode was added in a recent update, and it's called Framerate Challenge. And this is why I love PC gaming and ACE Team: In the Framerate Challenge, you are given a shotgun with unlimited ammo and you have to shoot hordes and hordes of really weak enemies that run at you and die. So far, so Horde Mode. But here's the catch: the enemies are wireframe models, and the game spawns them with reckless disregard for performance. Hence, the framerate challenge: once your framerate dips below 25 FPS for five seconds, you lose. So the challenge is to shoot as many enemies as possible to make their bodies disappear and lessen the CPU load, and survive as long as your hardware allows. It's the perfect hybrid between FPS action and benchmarking.You can also test your hardware independent of your shooting skill: start up the challenge and shoot no enemies, and see how long you last. Isn't that brilliant? I've never heard of any game having a challenge mode like that.

I loved the story as well. Just like the first one, at the halfway point it just becomes completely mindblowing, especially if you've played the first game. The great thing about a completely balls-to-the-wall weird-ass fantasy world is that you just take everything for granted because it's not weirder than anything else, and when it turns out that you were misled, you can't help but be surprised. ("So, Golem's house in the north is the literal end of the world? Well, stranger things have happened!")

(Actually, at one point I did think "Oh, this better not be leading up to the reveal that the whole of Zenozoik is an elaborate taxonomical experiment, because that would completely rob it from its magic." It turns out that it kind of was, but my jaw still dropped when I reach the end of the tunnel and there's a goddamn sci-fi city on the other side.)

I'm actually slightly disappointed that in ZC2 they decided to make sense of everything, because the mystery of the world was so close to the state of mind of the characters and protagonist. In a way, whenever we, as players, are introduced to a new game world, we're complete savages who are wholly uneducated about every aspect of the world. So actually getting to play the role of a savage makes it so much more immersive, because neither of you have preconceived notions of how things should work - unless it's such a generic fantasy world that you can already tell - and the protagonist's wonder is also your wonder.

So here's my recommendation: Play Zeno Clash, stare in slack-jawed amazement, then play Zeno Clash 2, do the same thing but ignore all the superfluous side objectives that they felt they had to put in the game because That's Just How Open-World Games Should Be, and enjoy yourself.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some foreign phonetic language to decode.
    Last edited by LTK; 08-08-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    I just completed The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing. I have to say this is one of the best Diablo clones I have ever played. A lot of variety, nice little silly story, fun character interaction, excellent skillsets, combat was pure fun once you get the hang of it and there is loads of variety. And the environments are gorgeous
    Needless to say, this was way better than Diablo 3.
    I hope they come up with some dlc!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Seriously i am not allowed to have Rommel as avatar :| ?
    We have people with pony and anime avatars here, a nazi is not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Played two hours of Assassin's Creed II. I had the impression (or hope?) the story was getting close to a conclusion. Turns out this is chapter 5 of 13. Ugh... That said, the story is actually quite amusing. There are so many references, clues, glyphs etc. scattered about that it reminds me of the reactions to the TV-series Lost (which I did not see). The gameplay though I'm not so sure about. It still suffers from the 'one enemy at a time'-combat that plagued the original, and it seems the assassinations have gotten progressively less stealthy.
    The main reason I enjoyed AC 2 was the setting. I just returned from a trip to Italy and visited quite a few places that were in the game. I will be playing it again shortly, even if only to show my GF what it looked like back in the Renaissance :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    The main reason I enjoyed AC 2 was the setting. I just returned from a trip to Italy and visited quite a few places that were in the game. I will be playing it again shortly, even if only to show my GF what it looked like back in the Renaissance :)
    That's definitely a fun aspect of the series. I have no idea to which degree the cities match up with their real world counterparts, but certain locations certainly do, and the general atmosphere is quite well done. A few years ago I had the opportunity to visit Firenze and even San Gimignano (when staying in the nearby Cecina for a few days) and it's fun to recognize certain aspects of these places.

I've had similar experiences with a cousin who had been in Saint Petersburg (Санкт-Петербург). Showing her the tracks in Project Gotham Racing 4 on the Xbox 360 was a good laugh and offered quite a few moments of recognition.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Civ V bnw

Finally I won( King difficulty, "Epic" time scaling). Took me 74 hours( 5-6 games). Last time I got lucky, spawned in the mineral-rich area in the corner of a huge landmass. The strongest guys( Indians) were landlocked and sandwiched between smaller opponents but I still had water connection through some small pond in the middle of the map to trade with them( in the end Indians had like three carriers and countless battleships there), I was mostly peaceful and no one ever plundered my trade routes. At one point I thought I'll win a culture or diplomatic victory but then I realised scientific was the only one possible at the time. So good luck on planet Earth, idiots, I'm heading for Alpha Centauri. I didn't even nuke Indians who almost won cultural/diplomatic/domination victory.

Now I'm free of this game and can finally enjoy the bad weather.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 08-08-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    That's definitely a fun aspect of the series. I have no idea to which degree the cities match up with their real world counterparts, but certain locations certainly do, and the general atmosphere is quite well done. A few years ago I had the opportunity to visit Firenze and even San Gimignano (when staying in the nearby Cecina for a few days) and it's fun to recognize certain aspects of these places.
    We were staying in the area too, we visited Firenze and San Gimignano. I had a similar experience while visiting the westcoast of the USA, I went for a replay GTA San Andreas the moment I got home.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Guys do you think its possible to have image signature on these boards ???
    What, you want to put spinning swastikas there?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    What, you want to put spinning swastikas there?
    Who doesn't?!

Just had another amazing DOTA 2 game as Leshrac.
    This one was very tense, the last 25 minutes or so were all defense, teamfights, counter-push, rinse and repeat. Finally, with some nice leadership of a Beastmaster player we managed to overpower the enemy and make one final push for the win.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Lately I've been playing Tropico 4: Modern Times and have hit the first mission to fail me twice. Challenge is good in this game for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    We have people with pony and anime avatars here, a nazi is not a big deal
    Rommel wasn't a Nazi.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    But he was a GERMAN,he must be a nazi! hurdurdur..stupid internet people. Yeah i want spinning swastika for fuck sake.

He fought for Nazi Germany. Let's not be obtuse.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    When a Nazi propaganda paper published an article stating he was a member, Rommel forced them to print a retraction.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Rommel wasn't a Nazi.
    Yes, of course, not a member of NSDAP. A nazi collaborator then? I heard they hanged them too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    He fought for Nazi Germany. Let's not be obtuse.
    so did millions of other people. doesn't make them nazi...

and sigs are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    A nazi collaborator then? I heard they hanged them too.
    they did? any source on that?