Page 824 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 324724774814822823824825826834874924 ... LastLast
Results 16,461 to 16,480 of 24748
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Wait... sea superiority? In a game with dragons? Flying dragons?
    Like I said, I want to avoid letting my dragon out (shut up) as much as possible. Fighting battles personally is often a monotonous affair which involves grinding down the enemy until the population limit is reached. Multiplayer campaigns might be more interesting though, at least they'll have a dragon too.

I've decided to take a break from it for a few days (that's usually code for never coming back) and play the excellent Paper's Please instead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Finished Knife of Dunwall and it's pretty much more of the same as the base game, which is good. This time I played a high chaos game and realized it's much more fun than low.

Also played a few more levels of Hotline Miami. I think I got to the part many people got stuck in, but if it's like the rest of the game than I'll just need to figure out the pattern and kill everyone...

Thought about trying some modding for New vegas, but the game crashes every time I start a game from the main title screen (not the launcher) and that's before applying a single mod. I'll try a few fixes I found on the before giving up.
    Nnngh..not wanting to repeat myself but I did a guide here to modding NV. I did it to help people who were struggling with it and I see you haven't posted in the thread so am assuming from that you weren't aware of it's existence. Hopefully should help.

Apologies if anyone has any problem with me mentioning this when I do. I hate self-promotion but on the other hand I'm not really promoting myself as I get nothing from it either. Really is just intended as a useful resource for all of God's creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Apologies if anyone has any problem with me mentioning this when I do. I hate self-promotion but on the other hand I'm not really promoting myself as I get nothing from it either. Really is just intended as a useful resource for all of God's creatures.
    Please keep mentioning it, you've written a very useful guide and everyone deserves to be aware of its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Nnngh..not wanting to repeat myself but I did a guide here to modding NV. I did it to help people who were struggling with it and I see you haven't posted in the thread so am assuming from that you weren't aware of it's existence. Hopefully should help.

Your thread is the reason I re-installed New vegas :D.

I'll post my case in there and hope a solution will reveal itself.

I got some good internet connection at the moment and downloading DotA 2. should be done in about four or so hours
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Payday 2 beta. Great so far. :-D

After finishing Gunpoint and Antichamber (both great) I'm playing Dishonoured. It's nice but I don't like how the game has all this interesting combat mechanics and then encourages you to play stealthy. I might play the DLC as a mass murdering maniac to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    After finishing Gunpoint and Antichamber (both great) I'm playing Dishonoured. It's nice but I don't like how the game has all this interesting combat mechanics and then encourages you to play stealthy. I might play the DLC as a mass murdering maniac to compensate.
    that's pretty much my main gripe for the game too. if you want to fight, there's almost always a chance that you'll alert the entire house to come after your ass in one level. that will drag on and you'll get outnumbered. it'll also give you a slap in the face after the mission in some way.
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Most of the exterior areas of Dishonoured are sufficiently disconnected that discovery rarely means extreme violence, so there should be plenty of scope for brutality there if you feel like it.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but my idea for when I finally do is to run two games at the same time. On the first one being stealthy and careful, on the second one as brutal as possible. The idea is to play each mission on the action run right after finishing it on the stealthy one, since actiony runs are apparently quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Most of the exterior areas of Dishonoured are sufficiently disconnected that discovery rarely means extreme violence, so there should be plenty of scope for brutality there if you feel like it.
    I'm mostly talking about the chaos mechanic. Now, I haven't finished the game so I don't know how influential it really is but the game cleary tells you that killing is bad.
    Also my own in game logic tells me not to kill a poor guard that has nothing to do with the plotting and scheming of the evil guys. I don't have a problem with killing bad guys. Still I end up ghosting through most of the game or knocking people unconscious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Getting quite far through Dishonored, feels like I am getting a lot more out of it by being entirely non-lethal (ok, so I killed a couple of zombified plague victims, sorry dudes but you were screwed anyway). Takes a lot longer to be careful, exploring everything, listening to conversations etc than just running through stabbing all the people.

But then occasionally someone spots you and you end up fighting for a bit before reloading, revealing the polished combat system. May have to do a murderous rampage playthrough once I finish this one. Stealth kills could be very satisfying, leaving the body out in the open to shit up all the guards muahaha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    spending lots of time with my beloved Payday before the entire playerbase abandons it for the imminent sequel.
    I started Payday properly last week, I loved it but it already seems dead to me. With any difficulty, any location I was finding less than 30 servers; some had idle hosts, a lot of them kicked me almost instantly with no explanation, the rest kicked me with an explanation:

Them: "You fuck join"
    Me: "What?"
    Them: "Fuck! Join!"
    Me: "I am joining?"
    Them: "loooooooooooooooooooooooool"
    You have been kicked from the server.

So,

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Payday 2 beta. Great so far. :-D
    I've been playing this too. 8 hours in, it's great fun. I've only been kicked once because I found it ridiculous that the host was throwing a fit about the three of us not doing as he told us as it was 'his game', but he wasn't telling us what he wanted us to do beyond "stop fucking dropping bags, amateurs!" (he was level 5) and it was a public server anyway.

Other people, the greatest disadvantage of multiplayer gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Papers, Please is quickly climbing up the list of my favorite games this year. What a fantastic game.

Have been playing some more of Stalker: Clear Sky but then Papers, Please was released. Well, what to say. See one post above!

DotA2. I realize I die a whole lot quicker in this game
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    Have been playing some more of Stalker: Clear Sky but then Papers, Please was released. Well, what to say. See one post above!
    IDGI, i cant see what the "game" is, you check a series of thing looking for evidence, then make judgements based on the evidence.

I really should try it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    IDGI, i cant see what the "game" is, you check a series of thing looking for evidence, then make judgements based on the evidence.

I really should try it.
    The demo is great. It'll make you understand it, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Playing a bit of TrackMania 2: Valley after rebuilding my PC following a self-inflicted motherboard issue. It was a lot more hassle than last time around. I hope I can forget about DDR frequencies, SATA drivers, and network controllers for a good long while. What makes it all the more frustrating is the knowledge that it could have easily been avoided. Anyway, now that I'm getting up into the higher single-player tracks with Valley I'm noticing a lot more variation in difficulty. Perhaps it's a matter of driving style that allows me to easily pass some tracks, but which has me struggling with others. I suppose it's hard to make a track that is difficult for everybody.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18