Page 825 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 325725775815823824825826827835875925 ... LastLast
Results 16,481 to 16,500 of 24778
  1. #16481
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    IDGI, i cant see what the "game" is, you check a series of thing looking for evidence, then make judgements based on the evidence.

    I really should try it.
    It's about checking paperwork for inconsistencies and earning a wage to keep your family alive, a wage that is directly tied to how many correct people you let in. Gradually the list of regulations gets more bloated and makes your job harder. Sometimes people might come up to you with a sob story and you have to decide whether to let them in and accept the wage penalty or ignore the human misery and put your family's well being above everything else. There's an oppressive colour palette, and the story seems to have multiple paths. Try the free Beta if you're not sure, it's more than enough of a taster.

  2. #16482
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,296
    What is the name of that older online ww2 fps game,which was partly MMO i think. You have enormous maps,commanders and shit like that. They also updated the graphic engine some time ago.

  3. #16483
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What is the name of that older online ww2 fps game,which was partly MMO i think. You have enormous maps,commanders and shit like that. They also updated the graphic engine some time ago.

    Battleground Europe, WWIIOnline?
    http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

  4. #16484
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,296
    Yes thats the one,thank you very much newbie :D

  5. #16485
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120
    It is an unusual day; I finished a game. Specifically, Space Marine.

    It was an enjoyably violent romp. The melee is merely decent, but the ranged weapons feel good, and Relic have blended ranged and melee combat very nicely. It's also a great Warhammer 40K game. In particular, the character models are magnificent. The antagonist in particular is a stunning piece of visual design. There is some excellent architecture, although much of the game can be rather drab.

    The ending, though: a QTE for the final boss fight? Really? And your reward is to be carted off by the Inquisition as a suspected heretic. It gave Titus a chance to show how perfectly noble he is, but it is desperately unsatisfying. I imagine it's meant to set one up for a sequel. Developers! Never do this. Have the endings to your game end your game. Sequels are not hard to plot if you just leave some characters alive. Rant done.

  6. #16486
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,272
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    The ending, though: a QTE for the final boss fight? Really? And your reward is to be carted off by the Inquisition as a suspected heretic. It gave Titus a chance to show how perfectly noble he is, but it is desperately unsatisfying. I imagine it's meant to set one up for a sequel. Developers! Never do this. Have the endings to your game end your game. Sequels are not hard to plot if you just leave some characters alive. Rant done.
    Also, the sequel to Space Marine Should be called Warboss, it would leverage Relics strategy game experience. Essentially, you are pretty much as badass as space marine commander, but running away is perfectly legitimate, and sometimes you are better sending "Da Boys" to do something because you "is busy doing somethink important" it would have a mass effect style dual morality system which is set around Gork and Mork where you are either cunning brutal or brutally cunning. You would be free to lose missions, do painfully spiteful things for no reason and you can win the campaign by dying in the a suitably epic way.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  7. #16487
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Yes thats the one,thank you very much newbie :D
    You're welcome. First post, first constructive answer. I'm the Mighty Newbie :)

  8. #16488
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Also, the sequel to Space Marine Should be called Warboss, it would leverage Relics strategy game experience. Essentially, you are pretty much as badass as space marine commander, but running away is perfectly legitimate, and sometimes you are better sending "Da Boys" to do something because you "is busy doing somethink important" it would have a mass effect style dual morality system which is set around Gork and Mork where you are either cunning brutal or brutally cunning. You would be free to lose missions, do painfully spiteful things for no reason and you can win the campaign by dying in the a suitably epic way.
    Huh, you managed to conceive of a 40K action game I'd actually buy and play. Well done, sir.

  9. #16489
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Obst View Post
    You're welcome. First post, first constructive answer. I'm the Mighty Newbie :)


    All hail to the all mighty newbie! :D


    About Warhammer topic,it would be nice if they made sequel squad based,because you know..they're good at making strategy stuff. You would have 3-4 other guys to command around,and maybe bag of teh kittens.

  10. #16490
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Also, the sequel to Space Marine Should be called Warboss, it would leverage Relics strategy game experience. Essentially, you are pretty much as badass as space marine commander, but running away is perfectly legitimate, and sometimes you are better sending "Da Boys" to do something because you "is busy doing somethink important" it would have a mass effect style dual morality system which is set around Gork and Mork where you are either cunning brutal or brutally cunning. You would be free to lose missions, do painfully spiteful things for no reason and you can win the campaign by dying in the a suitably epic way.
    I don't even fucking like Orks and even I want this game to happen so badly
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

    Watch me fail as Nobunaga

  11. #16491
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,343
    So Paper's Please players (say that three times fast), you know that threshold where the little man walks across the screen and either nothing happens or a pink slip of death appears because you didn't check the expiry date? Does anyone else actually hold their breath at that point?

  12. #16492
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,304
    Man, what is the deal with the sound in Saints Row 3? In the first few missions I've played, every gun sounds like it has a silencer and every car sounds like a Prius. I've tried messing with the audio sliders, but to no avail. It's just not there.

  13. #16493
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    959
    Weird. SR3 ran perfectly for me, check the windows sound settings?

  14. #16494
    Moderator Anthile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Germany
    Posts
    2,679
    Can you hate a game that's not actually bad? I don't know but I'm seriously running out of patience with Assassins Creed 3. I don't know what happened between Revelations but it feels like they kicked out of half the devs and filled it with people who have never seen an AC game in their life. Just about every design decision feels like a step back.
    The real problem, however, are the extremely restrictive missions. If you don't do exactly as you're told it's instant-fail and a reload for you. It's a bit difficult to describe if you haven't seen it yourself but it's like the game is absolutely afraid to let you do things on your own. Chases are the worst, though.
    The other problem is the enormous amount of bugs and glitches. There's one mission where you have to kill some legendary bear and the bear simply vanished into thin air the first two times I approached him. The list goes on. At times it feels like I accidentally stepped into Oblivion.
    This one's my favourite, I attacked a fort and wondered why I couldn't target him or why he wouldn't react to anything I do. Wait, why is his musket on the floor and why does it say pickup body...?



    Oh.


    Yep, he was dead all along and possibly a child psychologist, too. What killed him, we will never know. Naturally I dumped his body in the ocean afterwards. Screw you, loved ones who want closure!

    Also, the worst lockpicking since Alpha Protocol and that is quite an accomplishment.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

    to wound the autumnal city.

  15. #16495
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The real problem, however, are the extremely restrictive missions. If you don't do exactly as you're told it's instant-fail and a reload for you. It's a bit difficult to describe if you haven't seen it yourself but it's like the game is absolutely afraid to let you do things on your own. Chases are the worst, though.
    Absolutely. I'm now in AC2 on a mission where I have to follow a guy. Stay within 25 meters! Don't come closer than 20 meters! Don't stand there! Don't kill this guard! Don't, don't, don't! Make a movie, then, Ubisoft. The Assassin's Creed series is, to me at least, a frustrating mix of brilliance and mind-numbing nonsense.

    Speaking of Ubisoft. Starting AC2 for the first time on a freshly installed machine is a total pain. The Steam download is not up to date, so you have to download a ton of patches immediately after installing, but then Uplay wants to install itself too, though not - of course - the most recent version. So after finally downloading Uplay, and then a bunch of separate (!) patches - or 'updates', I'm at last nearing the end of the downloading bonanza! Good times.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  16. #16496
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Can you hate a game that's not actually bad? I don't know but I'm seriously running out of patience with Assassins Creed 3. I don't know what happened between Revelations but it feels like they kicked out of half the devs and filled it with people who have never seen an AC game in their life. Just about every design decision feels like a step back.
    The real problem, however, are the extremely restrictive missions. If you don't do exactly as you're told it's instant-fail and a reload for you. It's a bit difficult to describe if you haven't seen it yourself but it's like the game is absolutely afraid to let you do things on your own.
    I've noticed that getting worse through the series too.
    AC1 allowed you a good amount of freedom to the point where it was hard to mess up. Then again it didn't have many of the mission types like Chase missions (although occasionally you had to chase one of the main targets).
    AC2 got a bit more restrictive but I still felt it allowed for a good amount of freedom. Following people was usually annoying but many situations could be played in different ways.
    Brotherhood though, was an asshole. Lots of restrictions, lots of You Have To Do It This Way type missions, lots more forced stealth in an engine which really isn't well suited to it. Compared to AC2 which was glorious, ACB was more often than not just a chore to play.
    Revelations and AC3 sit in my Steam lists, and I now have little hope they will buck the trend after reading what you wrote.

  17. #16497
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    87
    Just finished Alpha Protocol and my god it is a good game.

    I cannot understand why it didn't do better on the reviews etc.

    The first few missions don't do it any favours. It took me three tries over the last 2 years before I actually stuck with the game ot get past them. (They aren't hard, they just aren't particularly fun)

    In my humble opinion it reminds me of Mass Effect but just does everything better. The characters are better, the dialogue is better for the most part, the action is better (After a while).

    Loved the game!

    Hmm what to play between now and EU4 release?

  18. #16498
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I don't even fucking like Orks
    How can anyone not like WH40k Orks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

  19. #16499
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,609
    It's like being bi-curious. Everyone likes Orks, it's just that some people are in denial with themselves.

  20. #16500
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,272
    I found a sale (6.69, use code B7ZF5 on get games go, non USA) on Ass Creed 3 rushed to get my debit card and then stopped cold.
    I want the Assassin's Creed 3 that exists in my imagination, but Ubisoft Montreal doesn't mean what it did at one point.

    It dropped within my 7 and I am not buying, I guess I'm done with the series
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •