Page 827 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 327727777817825826827828829837877927 ... LastLast
Results 16,521 to 16,540 of 24778
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post

Still playing Defense Grid and I'm mostly getting the hang of it, but it can certainly be challenging enough still. Which is nice. I like having a game where I find myself thinking about ways to solve maps when I'm not playing it. It's been too long since a game last grabbed me that way.
    That's a game I really need to play more of. I was in the Global Top Ten for a long time on some of the maps when I played the game on the 360 and I think I've only played an hour or so of the PC version.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Four matches and its end of the season. Our goal is final fourth place,this way we can play qualifications for League Europa. Out of four competitors only one is better then us,we are even with other three. We lose three matches and play one draw. I cry.

I put another 20 hours into Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, playing the strategy mode this time, and it's just very sad that this isn't a much much better game. It falls well short of being a good action game or good sim or good strategy hybrid. The AI issues and lack of flexibility really cripple it, and then it has general consolitis and crashes and so on.

I cleared The Swapper in about 5 hours over two sessions. It's good, but I'm surprised the reviews are so strong. Waking Mars was more fleshed out and engaging and memorable to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    i saw an epic cutscene from saints row 2 and just had to play the game.

conveniently there was an humble bundle with that game.

so...

Im playing

Saints Row 2
    BG2
    Witcher
    walking dead
    Bastion
    Anarchronox
    System Shock 2
    a second playthrough of Mass Effect 2
    Psychonauts

damn.

Currently hooked on Don't Starve. Still haven't made it past day 11, never mind winter, but the "Right, I'll have another go and DO BETTER THIS TIME" syndrome is very strong with this one, sufficiently so to overcome the repetitiveness of the perennial resource-gathering that forms the main element of gameplay. A new update due soon, I believe.

Obscure Node
    I'm playing Team Fortress 2. I never had played it before because I had a crappy internet connection and on-line games were a no-no for me. I'm having more fun with this game than I had in a long time.

I'm also playing Little Inferno. It is so charmy and so fun for something that's more a toy than a game.

I'm also STILL playing Planescape Torment. I'm glad because it's the furthest that I've got in the game ever and I expect to finish it someday. It seems so long and at first I found it so dull and it looked ancient, but now I'm really engaged. I also can't wait for Project Eternity and the new Torment game.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by moth bones View Post
    Currently hooked on Don't Starve. Still haven't made it past day 11, never mind winter, but the "Right, I'll have another go and DO BETTER THIS TIME" syndrome is very strong with this one, sufficiently so to overcome the repetitiveness of the perennial resource-gathering that forms the main element of gameplay. A new update due soon, I believe.
    I'd totally agree. This game should be called "There's always hope this time I will do better". Really engaging stuff and the art style is lovely.

I decided to put down Dont Starve for a while and play some other games.

I just finished Zeno Clash 1 and Alan Wake. I think I will play the sequels some other time. Tried playing Van Helsing but there is no ohmp when attacking, I'm not sure if it will change when I get some powerful weapons but I'm kinda disappointed with it to continue playing.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Trine 2 on hard, hardcore mode. Occasionally I die because I'm looking at the scenery.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Trine 2 on hard, hardcore mode. Occasionally I die because I'm looking at the scenery.
    That's what makes it hardcore mode.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I've nearly finished Tomb Raider. I like it, for the most part. I kind of wish there wasn't quite so much combat; it's the least interesting part of the game, and it also has (at least for me) the side effect of undermining the new Lara's character, by forcing her kill hundreds of armed men. Luckily, the rest of the game has enough jumping, climbing and exploring to make an enjoyable experience. I seem to have contracted 'collectivitis' and am obsessed with getting all the little GPS caches, tombs and challenges.

Teleglitch is bastard hard, and I can't seem to make it to level 5, where you get your first save point, so I'm leaving it alone for now.

Started Papers, Please but haven't got far. I'm still on the early bits that were in the demo.

Starseed Pilgrim is a strange one. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing, but it's fun messing around with the different seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by pilouuuu View Post
    I'm playing Team Fortress 2. I never had played it before because I had a crappy internet connection and on-line games were a no-no for me. I'm having more fun with this game than I had in a long time.
    It is pure fun. TF2 was my 'go to' game for a long time. It's something I could play for a 10 minute blast or a couple of hours. I'm kind of forcing myself not to play it nowadays, so I have time to play other stuff. Every now and then I do get a craving to go back though.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I've nearly finished Tomb Raider the side effect of undermining the new Lara's character, by forcing her kill hundreds of armed men
    That was my take of reviews and such, imagine she killed maybe 5 people in the whole game and each was memorable and haunting.

Why is this not the game they made?

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Now to get gold on all the levels...
    I was meaning to reply to your last message about it, but I'm suffering from some kind of poster's block. As I already probably mentioned countless times, I've got the gold-on-all-levels syndrome and the only thing that came from it is I played 60 hours and never finished story mode. I also have all the DLCs and haven't touched any of it -.-
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That was my take of reviews and such, imagine she killed maybe 5 people in the whole game and each was memorable and haunting.

Why is this not the game they made?
    Because even if it does happen a bit fast (at the speed of videogames) Lara goes from 'oh no sob sob' to 'that's right! Run, you bastards, I'm coming for you all!' (an actual quote of hers a bit over halfway through the game, whilst she blows people up with a grenade launcher) So the idea that she doesn't and isn't meant to become a hardened, borderline mentally unstable killer over the course of her origin story isn't one backed up by the writing, never mind the gameplay.
    Last edited by Serenegoose; 13-08-2013 at 12:17 AM.

From what I heard about Saints Row 3 prior to playing it, I expected more fun and less treadmill. The whole game just manages to annoy me in very many ways. Being shot at is annoying, shooting people is annoying, driving around is annoying, flying things is annoying, and many of the tasks are pretty annoying as well. The interface, while completely functional when controlled by the mouse, just has a little bit of delay in all of its actions, which is just another drop in the bucket. Frankly, the only reason I'm still playing it is because there's just so much of it, seeing as the Humble Bundle got me all the DLCs as well, and it seems like a waste to not give it a go. But that's a horrible reason, so I think I'd better go play something else.

Continuing (somewhat grudgingly) Assassin's Creed 3. It's amazing just how buggy and glitchy the game is. At least most of the time these glitches are merely bizarre and amusing instead of gamebreaking but it's rather inexcusable. I played all of the Assassin's Creed games in the main series and got more or less 100% in all of them and I remember next to no bugs in those. Here's just some I was able to document:

Fast-traveling occasionally gets you stuck in the floor, completely unable to move and the textures can't be bothered to load so the game ends up looking like a Nintendo 64 game.

The very first assassination lead to me to this guy but before I can even get into reach these two gentlemen show up and murder the hell out of him. This never occurred afterwards and the game doesn't do emergent gameplay like this. Needless to say, after they killed him they were quite shocked that there is indeed a dead body, yelled Who did this?! and tried to kill me too. Video games.

In this screenshot, all the lobstermen are completely oblivious to my presence, including the ones right next to me. Pressing against corners occasionally turns you invisible, apparently.

Mister Hickey here decided he really liked that particular pillar. So much even that he just couldn't stop running into it. Good for him but it made for a rather boring chase. However, trying to resolve that situation I glitched through him and knocked over that poor lady next to him which in turn made me fail the optional objective. I hate sore losers.

There was also that one time where I stabbed somebody and it made Connor do a twenty meter hover-moonwalk. It only happened twice and much too fast to record it.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Tried playing Van Helsing but there is no ohmp when attacking, I'm not sure if it will change when I get some powerful weapons but I'm kinda disappointed with it to continue playing.
    I also started Van Helsing and I completely agree about the lack of proper feedback, besides number popping out of enemies, to attacks. I also think that the control scheme is a bit weird for an ARPG, as I can only switch between two powers with the TAB button and don't know what I'll do later in the game, when I'll get more (it seems that I can map things to the function button, but I have no idea how to do so).

Other than that. I like the atmosphere and the ghost companion enough to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    There was also that one time where I stabbed somebody and it made Connor do a twenty meter hover-moonwalk. It only happened twice and much too fast to record it.
    Sounds like it would belong in Prototype.

I flicked through roughly 8 hours of a let's play, just sampling randomly. Just up to the start of Connor. So insanely linear. It's completely absurd, here is a game famed for its freedom chastising you for veering outside of its ordained limits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Teleglitch: Die More

Keep diying on the third level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Scribblenauts Unlimited. I decided to grab it after watching a hilarious speedrun of the DS version on TASvideos.

I also recently played through a really impressive Mega Man fangame called Mega Man Unlimited that was released a few weeks ago. It's difficult even for an MM game and there's very little in the way of checkpoints for its long stages, but other than that it looks, feels and plays like the real deal. It could easily pass as something that Capcom made themselves. I kinda wished they endorsed it game instead of Street Fighter X Mega Man as it's much better design-wise.