Page 829 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 329729779819827828829830831839879929 ... LastLast
Results 16,561 to 16,580 of 24237
    Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    Cheats disable saving.
    Yeap. Should have paid more attention to that I suppose. Oh well. >Uninstall

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    Cheats disable saving.
    That's... kind of hilarious. Considering how preposterously easy the game is on normal (and thus presumably it's a total cakewalk on easy), and how (as Nalano noted) you can basically earn godmode without cheating anyway, it sounds like cheats effectively make the game harder.

Since I got it in the Humble Bundle teh legend of Battlefield 3 is being played.

Ok, who thought this webpage based browser which seems to launch games at random was a good idea? Feels like a typical treadmill game as well. While I anticipated the single player to be bad, that was REALLY bad.
    I guess I don't get it really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Since I got it in the Humble Bundle teh legend of Battlefield 3 is being played.

Ok, who thought this webpage based browser which seems to launch games at random was a good idea?
    Unless you are hitting the "Random game" button, you are most likely doing something wrong. And yes, almost everyone I knew or talked to thought Battlelog was serviceable at worst except for some annoyances like how it sometimes forgets your standard kit or server search query. That is bad, no doubt. Everything else is solid.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 15-08-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Unless you are hitting the "Random game" button, you are most likely doing something wrong. And yes, almost everyone I knew or talked to thought Battlelog was serviceable at worst except for some annoyances like how it sometimes forgets your standard kit or server search query. That is bad, no doubt. Everything else is solid.
    I was trying to use quick match, but that seemed to not be very quick. About 5 minutes after clicking it the game launched into some Team Deathmatch despite me telling it to leave the queue about two mins prior.
    Played a few rounds to get a feel for it. It certainly looks nice and sounds great, but I don't really like it as a game. Never mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post

While I anticipated the single player to be bad, that was REALLY bad.
    Needs more "really"s.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Did anyone here completed DISHONORED stealthy ? :D

I just can't force myself playing this game stealthy when you can have so much fun killing people and using all those cool powers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Did anyone here completed DISHONORED stealthy ? :D

I just can't force myself playing this game stealthy when you can have so much fun killing people and using all those cool powers.
    Yeah, though the way the AI changed its patrol routes depending on knocked out guards was a: irritating and b: very easy to exploit.

more a than b though.

I'm about to finish the first chapter of The Witcher 2 and am quite torn with certain decision, spoilers follow:
    I'm at the point when I must choose between the help of Roche or Iorveth, and really don't know what to do. I'm playing this trying to follow a true witcher's path, staying as neutral as possible, but obviously that's not an option here. On one hand, I feel like picking Iorveth because, like Zoltan says, the prison to wich the prisoner's barge is going is an abomination, but I still disagree with the way the squirrels act most times. On the other hand, geralt has his own motivations, and being the main suspect for the regicide means that he could greatly benefit from Roche's support, but he is a sadist moved by hatred, also, the prisoners would go to that horrible prison...
    There's also the fact that, whenever I make a second playthrough of the series I'll go Squirrels friend all the way, so in that sense It'd make more sense to pick Roche now.

Spoilers end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Teleglitch: Die More

This time I did some damage to the final boss but still died. Not enough ammo. Lesson learned, next time I'll save at least 300 minigun bullets or more. And note to self - shotgunx2 is actually useful at levels 9-10. Punching tough enemies like squids or walkers into anomalies requires just two or three shots. Can save a lot batteries like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition - basically it's melee Dead Space. I abandoned it when I reached an obtuse timed puzzle where of course you have to run around a lot while your character has the mobility of a sack of potatoes. Otherwise the gameplay was OK and the visual design is pretty cool. I'm sort of curious to see what's next, but ain't nobody got time for bad puzzles.

Dead Space 3 - the Total Recall 2012 of video games. The production values are quite incredible, especially the visual design, but boy is it boring... I'm not sure if boring is better than a fucking turd, which is what Dead Space 2 is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Europa 4. As should the rest of you. Unless you're still player Crusader Kings 2.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm about to finish the first chapter of The Witcher 2 and am quite torn with certain decision, spoilers follow:
    I'm at the point when I must choose between the help of Roche or Iorveth, and really don't know what to do. I'm playing this trying to follow a true witcher's path, staying as neutral as possible, but obviously that's not an option here. On one hand, I feel like picking Iorveth because, like Zoltan says, the prison to wich the prisoner's barge is going is an abomination, but I still disagree with the way the squirrels act most times. On the other hand, geralt has his own motivations, and being the main suspect for the regicide means that he could greatly benefit from Roche's support, but he is a sadist moved by hatred, also, the prisoners would go to that horrible prison...
    There's also the fact that, whenever I make a second playthrough of the series I'll go Squirrels friend all the way, so in that sense It'd make more sense to pick Roche now.

Spoilers end.
    Human route is more political intrigue, Scoiatel more classic adventure. Dialog better in former but quests probably more varied in latter. Both excellent.

Trying to imagine how good something like Bioshock Infinite would be with the game play of Gone Home. Just played through the first hour of Infinite again and it is, like the originals, a quite incredible experience. Few games are are as transcendent in the atmosphere and world they create, few spoil it so well by telling you to just blow shit up anyway. GAHHHH.
    Last edited by sonson; 16-08-2013 at 12:02 AM.

I'm playing Gone Home. I think I must be about two and a half hours in, and I don't think I'm anywhere near the end. It's very engrossing and suspenseful.

Edit: Realised after posting that I'm probably taking longer due to not using the audio log, because I'm writing everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Europa 4. As should the rest of you. Unless you're still player Crusader Kings 2.
    Still playing. Barely scratched the surface. Haven't even installed the DLCs yet.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 16-08-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    It's a tough call, but it's best to go with your gut feeling and deal with the what ifs later. Whichever you pick, you'll be meeting the other person again regardless. When I first played it, I wasn't able to figure out Loredo's angle and I didn't foresee what would happen, so if you paid attention you can take that into consideration as well.

I've played about 8 hours of Cinders, which means I spent at least 5 hours replaying it for new branches. It's well written, excellently scored and the art is gorgeous.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I sided with Iorveth pretty much without hesitation. The society makes it clear that witchers are no longer humans, and when given the choice between oafish, inbred, piggish racists, and the person who's happy to put their worthless village to the torch, hand me the torch. I never much saw Geralt as 'neutral', because so much of his dialogue indicates that he isn't. Depending on how you play him in the prologue, he can repeatedly step in against heavy-handed soldiers trying to have a little fun and tell them to go cry about it if they don't like it. He comes across as increasingly tired of bullshit and cynical, but neutral isn't the word I'd use.

Of course, you can play him like that, but I'm glad of the flexibility.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I think neutral in the sense that he doesn't care who or what is needing to be told off, then he will do it, even if they're what most would consider allies. I felt Roche was the better choice to as he was a bit better placed to help, but I haven't played Iorveth's path yet.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I sided with Iorveth pretty much without hesitation. The society makes it clear that witchers are no longer humans, and when given the choice between oafish, inbred, piggish racists, and the person who's happy to put their worthless village to the torch, hand me the torch. I never much saw Geralt as 'neutral', because so much of his dialogue indicates that he isn't. Depending on how you play him in the prologue, he can repeatedly step in against heavy-handed soldiers trying to have a little fun and tell them to go cry about it if they don't like it. He comes across as increasingly tired of bullshit and cynical, but neutral isn't the word I'd use.

Of course, you can play him like that, but I'm glad of the flexibility.
    It's a classic decision between a repressive status quo or a violent revolution. One of the better things about the Witcher is that you don't play long enough to see the full results of either, because both are far more far-reaching than just you and your personal story.

Of course, both may be rendered moot by the oncoming invasion by the empire, but that's also a classic scenario.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen