Page 837 of 1179 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838839847887937 ... LastLast
Results 16,721 to 16,740 of 23572
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Dead Space 3

This game can suck a large one. Dead space? more like dead wood.
    If that was the case it'd be called Dead Fucking Space Cocksucker 3*

*in case of being offended

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Dead Space 3
    I've been trying to download it since I bought the Humble Bundle, but it seems to only want to do about 250MB a night, then I have to exit Origin entirely - something it's less than happy to do - then start the download again, because it gets stuck on the 'Pausing...' (how hard is it to go from 'downloading' to 'not downloading', anyway?) bit and won't respond until I quit properly. That means Origin's downloader has gotten worse; back when I was doing BF3 I just had to doubleclick the pause button and it would restart itself.

Meanwhile, over on Steam and GOG, any dropped connections are automatically re-initiated, which is why they are good and Origin is not good.

But yes, I'm currently playing Payday 2, and lots of it. I have a CAR-4 (fake M4) that would make DW, my brother-in-silenced-weapons, proud. Here it is:

Actually I've added a grip to it since this screenshot. When I finally get vintage mags (basically Vietnam-style straight STANAGs) it'll be less visible than a handgun. Yes, Payday 2's weapon stats and modifiers make absolutely fuck all sense; some components are said to be purely aesthetic even though the stat bar charts show that they do modify stats, some do the opposite of what they're supposed to ("increases accuracy", but actually leaves accuracy completely unmodified, reduces mobility and increases recoil) and some have invisible effects like the shotgun shell rack which inexplicably adds two rounds to your magazine, but the description makes no mention of that. Oh and the extended mag for the .45 increases the visibility yet the much larger extended mag for the G18C does nothing to the visibility at all... I think the very best stealth build you can have is this rifle with vintage mags and an MP5 with the MP5K parts (short barrel and no stock), or maybe the revolver with a short barrel and smooth cylinder (I have no idea why or how that makes it less visible), but the ridiculous loot system means I'm no closer to getting those parts than I was when I first started the game.

Still, the heists are fun, but the entire game is far more fun if you play with RPSers. Or tell people you're actually romcom legend Hugh Grant by way of text chat.
    Last edited by neema_t; 22-08-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    If that was the case it'd be called Dead Fucking Space Cocksucker 3*

*in case of being offended
    Crude but yes, I didn't even realise.

I've been trying to download it since I bought the Humble Bundle, but it seems to only want to do about 250MB a night, then I have to exit Origin entirely - something it's less than happy to do - then start the download again, because it gets stuck on the 'Pausing...' (how hard is it to go from 'downloading' to 'not downloading', anyway?) bit and won't respond until I quit properly. That means Origin's downloader has gotten worse; back when I was doing BF3 I just had to doubleclick the pause button and it would restart itself.
    Yes, it took me about 2 days to download the game because it kept on stopping too. Exit Origin and then start it again. Its almost like they were saying "Don't download it, it isn't worth it" I should of listened to that little voice.

I've been playing Burnout Paradise, and besides the horrible idea of making all activities ending on the same eight spots I have another problem with it. It's quite too easy, when I'm on a race I can just take down everyone in front on me on ten seconds, and they no longer are a problem. I've even found myself driving slowly so they could catch up to me in order to take them down again... And I can't find any difficulty option, is there one or am I stuck with this? If I can't make it be harder I might get bored of it rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Before you go on to TW3, though, you should also play Iorveth's path. It completely changes your perspective on the ending. You have no idea. For that matter, the choice of saving Triss or not has some dire consequences as well, so don't miss that either.
    I'd rather finish this "storyline" and then replay all three games in a Squirrel playthrough, honestly. That's what feels right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    If you have a savegame in the right palce, and don't think you'll be doing another full Roche playthrough soon, then I recommend you reload before [spoilered] deciding to save Triss and pick the other path. Then you get to deal with Dethmold. It's worth it.
    I do have a savegame previous to that choice, so I'll check it out.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    It's quite too easy, when I'm on a race I can just take down everyone in front on me on ten seconds, and they no longer are a problem. I've even found myself driving slowly so they could catch up to me in order to take them down again... And I can't find any difficulty option, is there one or am I stuck with this? If I can't make it be harder I might get bored of it rather quickly.
    IIRC, the difficulty gets ramped up with every "license class" (or whatever they call it) you earn. You'll have to win an increasing amount of events for each class, so it'll take a while until things get more challenging, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    IIRC, the difficulty gets ramped up with every "license class" (or whatever they call it) you earn. You'll have to win an increasing amount of events for each class, so it'll take a while until things get more challenging, unfortunately.
    That's sucky, and a terrible design decision. We'll see if it can keep me entertained long enough to reach a decent difficulty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Im playing witcher 1

SPOILERS

At the end of act V I curbstomped javed. A fight with his pet monster was more difficult as it forced me to use three potions. against him. i still had regeneration active but he barely did any damage to me. his fire attacks managed only to cancel my combos but not really hurt me. the moment a full strong combo hit him followed by special strong attack he was pretty much dead.
    berengar dropped dead the second the fight started tough. poor guy. he should have stayed with lady of the lake.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    "The twist" in dishonored,i mean people say its predictable game but it sure surprised me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Xenogears

Seven hours in I'm probably still somewhere around what can be considered a games tutorial( giant caves under the desert) but man I'm not happy at all. Ungodly amount of running aroud. Meaningless filler fights. Levels are piling up I don't even know if it has any meaning since nothing but fancy attacks changes and nothing I can even do with those level ups. I guess I'll better read a book.

So I returned to DoW2R. Never change, community.

Never change.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 22-08-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Well, I just finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. I found it very meh. The 'story' was silly enough to be enjoyable, but otherwise I think it was just average.

I also finished my first playthrough of Fez and I found the game utterly amazing. Granted, I didn't have the time or the patience to decode the alphabet and I had to get the solutions online for some of the trickiest puzzles, but on the whole I thought it was an amazing game.

I also finished Gunpoint and it was great! (exclamation mark included) More content will be appreciated.

I am close to the end of Shadowrun Returns, which so far I found underwhelming. Too linear, no choices really, the fighting is mediocre. Maybe some workshop campaigns in the future will make better use of the engine.

I think I will take a look now at XCOM: EU.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    So I returned to DoW2R. Never change, community.

Never change.
    I used to play alot of 2 vs 2 matchmaking CoH (teaming up with my wife actually) and never had anything like this, people are uniformly polite in 2 vs 2 I think, at least your enemies are.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    I also finished Gunpoint and it was great! (exclamation mark included) More content will be appreciated.
    YES, this!
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 23-08-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Banned
    If you're not shit-talking and blaming teammates in 2v2(and even more so 3v3) you're doing it wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    So which one is you?

Obscure Node
    I'm finally starting to get into Dwarf Fortress (Mike Mayday's Graphical Edition), and man is it addictive. I know I've only scratched the surface after about 20 hours of play on different games, but I do feel I'm getting the hang of starting up a small colony and have them survive for quite a long time.

One more mission and i am done with Dishonored,really good game. Now what i didn't quite understood because i got carried with my thoughts is am,when samuel (Boat driver) get me to the last island he start talking bad about me what have i done etc.,and at the end he even shot in to the sky so he alerts guards of my presence on purpose!

Is this because i did every mission with chaos rating ??

Dude, spoilers! I'm doing a high chaos playthrough and I haven't even gotten to that point.

How in hell are these spoilers men,i didn't spoil anything to you. ANYTHING!!

Please in spoilers,what was the good ending for game ??

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Dude, spoilers! I'm doing a high chaos playthrough and I haven't even gotten to that point.
    I use the "Ignore" function as a spoiler warning with DaftPunk since that whole Game of Thrones thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    So which one is you?
    I kept radiosilence since the guy wasn't a dedicated SM apo player.

If he was, i would have probably written something much worse, perhaps death threats.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 23-08-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I use the "Ignore" function as a spoiler warning with DaftPunk since that whole Game of Thrones thing.

Ah come one that was not on purpose,i think the thread was about GOT so naturaly there are going to be spoilers about the show right.