Page 841 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 341741791831839840841842843851891941 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,820 of 23790
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Also recently finished Saints Row IV single player only.

For those interested, 97% completion (all story, side and loyalty missions; all clusters, statues, audio logs and text adventures. All events on gold. Just missing the co-op only events) took me 22h according to Steam, 20:03 according to the save game.

Network Hub
    Single-Player-wise i'm bouncing back and forth between a couple of things right now, namely:

Papers, Please: It's really quite captivating, but also fairly exhausting, so i usually don't find the patience to play more than 2-3 days per playsession - Also the perfectionist in me keeps wanting to simply start over, now that i no longer feel completely overwhelmed by details to look out for.

Also some Tropico 4 and Endless Space since i picked both up during the Summer Sale.

Alsoalso occasionally alternating between short bursts of Path of Exile with my lvl 80-something HC witch and some Diablo 3 MP10 Paragon farming with my Witch Doctor, since the recent announcement of the expansion reminded me that i still had it installed (Also: Yes, i belong to the minority of people that actually likes both)

Co-op-wise:

Borderlands 2: My coop-buddy and me began our journey through ultimate vault hunter mode yesterday and so far it has been a surprisingly smooth, enjoyable and ridonkulous ride despite us both still using mostly lvl 50 gear at lvl 55-56 (at this point i honestly can't say if we're both still using the Chulainn because it deals great damage or because the ...secondary effect of that weapon makes for great comic relief - i guess it's both.) Scaling-wise it certainly has some issues at higher levels and i honestly doubt that UVHM is all that enjoyable in single-player, but in coop it's a blast and i still simply love this game - Great style, great humor and voice acting. Also the excessive adorability of the Mechromancer never gets old... *doink*

Activated Node

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Rolled a new character and completed a few quests.

Akalov the Breton Monk
    Primary Skills
    hand-to-hand, critical strike, dodging
    Major Skills
    medical, mysticism, thaumaturgy
    Minor Skills
    climbing, jumping, running, swimming, stealth, backstabbing
    Special Advantages
    increased magery, expertise in hand-to-hand
    Special Disadvantages
    no weapons, no heavy shields
    -10 nobility

(Spoilers) So far...
    • Started with three books about King Edward.
    • Needed a riddle answered by a guy who hates being bothered. Found him locked inside a random room in a dungeon, in the middle of nowhere. Guarded underwater by a giant eel.
    • Trudged all the way through Shedungent, the first locked door you see goes directly to the quest area. Be a wizard!

Useful for anyone else who wants to play Daggerfall
    DaggerfallSetup - installer for modern computers (Windows only)

Change the settings under [cpu] in DOSBox.conf to this:
    core=dynamic
    cputype=pentium_slow
    cycles=50000

Be sure to enable fullscreen and view-based mouse movement!
    Last edited by Ravey; 01-09-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastination Giant View Post
    Papers, Please: It's really quite captivating, but also fairly exhausting, so i usually don't find the patience to play more than 2-3 days per playsession - Also the perfectionist in me keeps wanting to simply start over, now that i no longer feel completely overwhelmed by details to look out for.
    Same here. I've restarted a couple of days for silly mistakes that in reality I could've got away with.

It's neat to see someone playing Daggerfall - I haven't played it, and I don't remember anyone 'round here talking about it much except Wizardry.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravey View Post
    Also, the music...
    Ha! I haven't played Dagerfall since the year of release. That was so not what I was expecting!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    The music is soo 90's haha :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrastination Giant View Post
    Alsoalso occasionally alternating between short bursts of Path of Exile with my lvl 80-something HC witch and some Diablo 3 MP10 Paragon farming with my Witch Doctor, since the recent announcement of the expansion reminded me that i still had it installed (Also: Yes, i belong to the minority of people that actually likes both)
    Yep. I mean, as much as I pour scorn on D3, and as much as it has been seriously mishandled, and as much as XYZ ABC etc etc etc enemies pop really good when you thwack them, and the wizard has some seriously meat disintegrate beams going on. I think TL2 and PoE are better games, but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally give it a go.

So i finally beat poland,hureey. Then stupid Lithuania declare war with me,at the same time Novogrod breaks alliance and starts attacking me constantly at the same time i defend myself from Lithuania right,so for the grand finale,Cuman Khanate attacks me with full force. Fuck this :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravey View Post
    Rolled a new character and completed a few quests. Handcrafted dungeons are proving to be hellish enough for me...I fully expect to be doomed.
    Cheers for this, we need more older stuff around here. Daggerfall passed me by many, many years back (I was a strict C&C player back in those days) so it's nice to see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Playing a little Saints Row 2, solo. It's fun, but the downgrades are a little jarring coming from the brilliance that is SR3. Still, clunky animations and clunkier controls aside, it's basically the same game, with the same outstanding sense of itself.

Playing some Dead Island: Riptide in co-op as well. It's a good time, just like the first, and dismembering zombies is inherently satisfying.

In short, it's "dumb entertainment" season, since I've spent the beginning of the new semester completely burnt out between a change of schedule, a move, and doing a crapton of prep work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    So i finally beat poland,hureey. Then stupid Lithuania declare war with me,at the same time Novogrod breaks alliance and starts attacking me constantly at the same time i defend myself from Lithuania right,so for the grand finale,Cuman Khanate attacks me with full force. Fuck this :|
    Just concentrate on one or two fronts. Use attrition to defeat your other enemies - Russia is ideally suited for scorched earth tactics. I think they implemented that feature specifically with Muscovy in mind back during EU3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    It's neat to see someone playing Daggerfall - I haven't played it, and I don't remember anyone 'round here talking about it much except Wizardry.
    14-year old me has SO MUCH he wants to tell you about Daggerfall. How broken and annoying it was, yet how much 14-year old me still loved it. Later games in the genre seem to have eliminated most of the bad stuff but also some of the good. Morrowind at least still felt fairly sizable, even if it was just an artifact of the cramped terrain. Oblivion was some ridiculous little playground, and Skyrim isn't much better in the size department. Mountainous terrain helps, but only a little.

I mean seriously, when you remember how ENORMOUS Daggerfall was, it's just a bit lame to see an entire imperial province that is a fraction of the size of a petty kingdom in one corner of a small province like High Rock.
    Of course, some of the sucky aspects of Daggerfall were the natural consequence of its huge scale, but it's hard not to long for the impossible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    It's 1573 and I've reached the point where my European isolation is making it dangerous to fight any wars. Thankfully Castille's (no, Spain never formed) seemingly eternal personal union with Austria means they don't ever declare wars on me. Europe itself has been a little boring since Austria passed the HRE resolution forbidding its members to fight each other, although France has seen some action after it was soundly beaten by a 15+ coalition led by the Netherlands (who proceeded to take only ONE province from France. Sigh.).

Elsewhere in Europe, Sweden and Norway finally broke free of Denmark after its collapse (not sure why that happened). Norway proceeded to whack Scotland and invade Britain, which is hopelessly divided between England, Scotland, Wales, Northumberland and now Norway. Ironically, Ireland is happily unified. As for Sweden, they're trying to beat Muscovy. Muscovy was doing very well until a peasant war ruined it, and now they're being harassed on all sides by the likes of Kazan, Golden Horde and Livonian Order. As for Byzantium, they managed to remove a pathetic Ottoman Empire from the game only to be mercilessly trounced by the Mamluks, who took almost all of their Turkish provinces.

Elsewhere in the world, I was surprised to see India almost united by Vijayanagar and an also almost united Japan gaining a lot of territory from Korea and the Manchus. Another oddity is a very large Nepal, going from the Bengal Delta almost to Samarkand.

As for me, I'm racing to get all the good Caribbean provinces before Castille and working on my infrastructure now that I think I've finally figured out how trade works, and am making some good gold at last. Every now and then when I get bored I go bully a pagan nation, but I'm running out of those now :( I'm also working on diploannexing a couple of Italian minors, which might be dangerous because it could attract Austria's attention.

Speaking of that, is there any way for a non-HRE nation like me to stop Austria from uniting it? They've already passed 6 of the 8 resolutions and it's only 1573...

I am now almost nine hours into Stalker CS and reaching Clear Sky as my next destination. So far I am enjoying the game very much (lets just forget about the terrible beginning in the swamp) and cannot wait to get back into the Zone.

Banned
    I played a bit with Civilization V and even started considering a purchase - depending on the price - but then I heard something about DLC so I went to Wikipedia to confirm just what exactly would I get if I simply bought the game itself.

Turns out that, if you skip both major DLCs(which are both priced similar to the game itself) you will not get any of the following(just a mechanics list, of course you also get less civilizations, units, wonders, etc.):
    - espionage
    - religion
    - trade routes between civilizations
    - the world congress
    - tourism
    - great works

Makes you wonder just are you supposed to play vanilla Civilization V? Rush Chariots, gg?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Turns out that, if you skip both major DLCs(which are both priced similar to the game itself) you will not get any of the following(just a mechanics list, of course you also get less civilizations, units, wonders, etc.):
    - espionage
    - religion
    - the world congress
    - tourism
    - great works
    Things you don't get in Civ4 without DLC:

- Espionage
    - Corporations
    - Vassal States
    - Colonies
    - Great Generals
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Just concentrate on one or two fronts. Use attrition to defeat your other enemies - Russia is ideally suited for scorched earth tactics. I think they implemented that feature specifically with Muscovy in mind back during EU3.

But how could i concentrate on one or two fronts when i have been attacked on four all the time and i need to move army from here to there and it become a chore,112 turns and all i do is defending. Only thing we acomplished is taking poland and making few good alliances with some powerful nations but that doesn't help me one bit. So i will begin with one isolated nation,perhaps Scotland and see how that plays out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I played a bit with Civilization V and even started considering a purchase - depending on the price - but then I heard something about DLC so I went to Wikipedia to confirm just what exactly would I get if I simply bought the game itself.

- espionage
    - religion
    - the world congress
    - tourism
    - great works

Makes you wonder just are you supposed to play vanilla Civilization V? Rush Chariots, gg?
    I think you only need the second expansion to get all that stuff now. If you skip Gods and Kings you're just not getting access to those civilizations. Most of the mechanics brought in with Gods and Kings were revamped with Brave New World.

Best thing is to buy Civ V + Brave New World and then if you decide you want Gods and Kings civilizations, buy it on sale since you're already got all it's mechanics.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Finished Max Payne 3 and plan to finish The adventure of Van Helsing by the end of the week.
    I think MP3 is a good combination of cutscenes and gameplay. I rarely felt that they contradict each other, Max is always a troubled soul who don't give a fuck about slaughtering hundreds of mooks in the name of justice, or at least what he thinks is the right thing (don't want to get into spoiler area at the moment).

Next I considered playing Dead space 3, but I'm a bit tired of action games. So I think I'll take a deep breath and finally get into Shogun 2​ (never got past the first two hours of the tutorials).

Played a couple of hours of System Shock 2 yesterday. I'm not sure what I think of it really. Some features are really cool, but I find the UI to be unintuitive and a bit clunky. The story is hard to follow too, in my opinion.

Banned
    I love System Shock 2 to death but I stumbled upon some LP last year and realized the beginning more or less goes like this: unspecified past, present, Delacroix's message from the future, New Game, 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago, present, few weeks later.

That's... not a very intuitive way to handle a game's first half an hour, yes.