Page 847 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857897947 ... LastLast
Results 16,921 to 16,940 of 21076
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungado View Post
    Got back into Killing Floor last couple of days, maxed two perks, which leaves me with just medic, berserk and demo to finish, medic being about halfway done. Considering how long I've had it i'm surprised it's taken me this long to get half of the perks fully leveled.

Oh and CK2, gotta get that world spanning Irish empire ready for when I eventually buy EU IV.
    I bought KF three years ago and haven't taken a single perk past level 3. Though that's mostly because it's a game that, once every six months or so, I'll pick up and play obsessively for a few days and then forget about. As I did last month.

I should really 'weld more doahs' though. My Support has enough shotty damage to take it past level 6 but I don't weld enough.

Finished playing Honest Hearts. Ultimately sided with Daniel, mainly because leading the Sorrows to war felt like undermining everything Randall Clark went through. I'm a little disappointed Joshua doesn't get a proper ending if you take the peaceful route, though. All things considered, I think it's my favorite DLC so far. Zion is breathtaking, the survivalist's story was great, and it did christianity right. All I have left to finish now is Dead Money.

Wow, Minecraft's zombies act a lot more zombielike now.

Network Hub
    Prison Architect.

The sale was enough to get me to plonk down my poundaroonies. Quite enjoying the thing though I'm very bad at it. I like building stuff in it though. I normally get a bit lost with myself in open ended sand-boxy things but I do get quite a kick out of optimising things in the same way I enjoy CivCity:Rome and the like. But just like those games, I suck at it here too.

See:

Last edited by EOT; 01-09-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bad guy View Post
    Are you on XP?

I kind of think of XP like a classic car: If you keep up with the maintenance every six or so months, she'll run like a dream, but if you don't...
    Last edited by sabrage; 01-09-2013 at 06:33 AM.

So I have finished Stalker: Clear Sky. Damn that ending was really really terrible. Even worse then the beginning. I mean teleporting enemies?! Felt really cheap. But except for the bad ending and beginning I enjoyed my time in the Zone immensely. Call of Prypjat is next!

Activated Node
    Aliens: Colonial Marines was on sale on Steam the other day for five bucks. Most of the problems the game had at launch seem to have been fixed by patches. As a fan of Aliens, I really enjoyed the levels I visited so far (the Sulaco and Hadley's Hope), with some memorable places seen in the movie. The atmosphere is quite nice too. The AI has some problems though, rarely do the aliens do anything other than running straight for the player. Also, the human enemies seem really out of place here, as well as the weapon modification. A red dot sight on a pulse rifle just feels wrong.
    Overall, I'd say it's an average FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by EOT View Post
    I bought KF three years ago and haven't taken a single perk past level 3. Though that's mostly because it's a game that, once every six months or so, I'll pick up and play obsessively for a few days and then forget about. As I did last month.

I should really 'weld more doahs' though. My Support has enough shotty damage to take it past level 6 but I don't weld enough.
    Yeah I had a hard time finding time to weld as well, to the point that I spent most of my time as support just finding doors to constantly weld, the biolab map was by far the most useful one for welding, in my opinion. Once you get to level six though, spawning with the hunting shotgun is great.

Start biolab in singleplayer on lowest difficulty, kill most enemies in the wave, barricade a door, put a rock on the welding button and go read a book.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBert View Post
    Aliens: Colonial Marines was on sale on Steam the other day for five bucks. Most of the problems the game had at launch seem to have been fixed by patches. As a fan of Aliens, I really enjoyed the levels I visited so far (the Sulaco and Hadley's Hope), with some memorable places seen in the movie. The atmosphere is quite nice too. The AI has some problems though, rarely do the aliens do anything other than running straight for the player. Also, the human enemies seem really out of place here, as well as the weapon modification. A red dot sight on a pulse rifle just feels wrong.
    Overall, I'd say it's an average FPS.

I think you are better with Alien Versus Predator from am 1020 or something.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Obscure Node
    I'm playing Ace Patrol, just like Dawn Patrol the boardgame

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Still spending most of my time playing Saints Row 2, and still genuinely surprised how much I enjoy these games (played SR3 first). They're the closest thing to a successor to my beloved Mercenaries that I've seen, really. It's funny, because I can't play a GTA game for more than about 15 minutes without being bored off my ass.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Still spending most of my time playing Saints Row 2, and still genuinely surprised how much I enjoy these games (played SR3 first). They're the closest thing to a successor to my beloved Mercenaries that I've seen, really. It's funny, because I can't play a GTA game for more than about 15 minutes without being bored off my ass.
    Serious? I can cruise around in the GTA3 engine games listening to the talk shows for hours ^_^ the radio in GTA4 just repeated the same small subset of songs over and over.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Serious? I can cruise around in the GTA3 engine games listening to the talk shows for hours ^_^ the radio in GTA4 just repeated the same small subset of songs over and over.
    I think it's about half the self-seriousness of the whole ridiculous enterprise in GTA (SR is refreshing in that it knows exactly how absurd it is) and about half being forced to play a character I invariably despise in those games. It's remarkable how much difference being able to make a character that's mine really makes to my enjoyment of a sandbox game.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    my beloved Mercenaries
    Mercenaries is still unsurpassed 8 years later! Not by it's poor sequel or Just Cause 2 or Red Faction Guerrilla or any GTA or other clone. How difficult is it to give us binoculars, airstrikes, call-in's, smartly designed open scenarios, and a superb soundtrack? Harder than it looks apparently. It's a terrible shame there was never a PC port. I still love it, flaws and all.

R.I.P. Pandemic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Throw twenty C4 on a tank, toggle invincibility, launch thyself. Alternatively, drive into the air strike zone.

Not much gaming time lately. Finished Shadowrun returns. A bit disapointed by the game but it was nice to see Seattle again.

Progressing in Saint Rows 3 now. STAG Initiative is in place and the game starts to be completely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Mercenaries is still unsurpassed 8 years later! Not by it's poor sequel or Just Cause 2 or Red Faction Guerrilla or any GTA or other clone. How difficult is it to give us binoculars, airstrikes, call-in's, smartly designed open scenarios, and a superb soundtrack? Harder than it looks apparently. It's a terrible shame there was never a PC port. I still love it, flaws and all.
    Yup. I sincerely don't understand why pale shadows of that game seem to be the best we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Not much gaming time lately. Finished Shadowrun returns. A bit disapointed by the game but it was nice to see Seattle again.

Progressing in Saint Rows 3 now. STAG Initiative is in place and the game starts to be completely crazy.
    I think more games should do something like the stag initiative, which alters some important elements in SR3.
    I was kinda dissapointed by skyrim because nothing really changed even if you were god-emperor of the underworld.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    TW: Medieval 2,how to i request AI Assistance for battles. For example i am standing near enemy just to attack him and near by are my allies with big army,how do i ask them for help ??
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.