Page 849 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 349749799839847848849850851859899949 ... LastLast
Results 16,961 to 16,980 of 22726
    Quote Originally Posted by EOT View Post
    Wow yours actually looks like it works as a place of correction and reform. Mine works as a place designed purely to enrage its populace. I think I'll just start again.

Hehe tbh it's more because I've thrown so many hours into thinking designs and playing the game since Alpha 1. I can throw you the save if you like to get ideas for your next prison :)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Hehe tbh it's more because I've thrown so many hours into thinking designs and playing the game since Alpha 1. I can throw you the save if you like to get ideas for your next prison :)
    No that's alright chief. Cheers though. The screenshot's enough to get an idea of how it works. Much more efficient than mine. Though that's not helped by the fact that I like to base my prisons off of early Victorian examples who are all long skinny cell blocks and the like. Just because I find them aesthetically pleasing. But, as I say, they don't work. There's a screenshot of my latest/last one a couple of pages back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Saints Row 4, Saints Row 2, Civilization 5, Company of Heroes 2, Borderlands 2

Fuck original games!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by EOT View Post
    No that's alright chief. Cheers though. The screenshot's enough to get an idea of how it works. Much more efficient than mine. Though that's not helped by the fact that I like to base my prisons off of early Victorian examples who are all long skinny cell blocks and the like. Just because I find them aesthetically pleasing. But, as I say, they don't work. There's a screenshot of my latest/last one a couple of pages back.
    I've found with the current builds that it's better to keep everything centered, purely because of performance issues with larger prisons. For example, in my example at 8am (Due to my regime changes) that I get at least 4-5 bars of danger until the prisoners have woken up and showered, purely because if one shower is full, the others will charge onwards toward a shower with space at the other side of my prison :). They also tend to ignore security settings outside of cell placement :)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    I really can't bring myself to think of Dishonored as an FPS game.
    What else would it be?

First Person Blinker?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    What else would it be?

First Person Blinker?
    A computer game played from a first person perspective.

Also, started dead space 3 and I don't remember dead space being a cover shooter. Maybe it gets better later on, but the first 30 minutes are quite bad (even as a 3rd person cover shooter).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    A computer game played from a first person perspective.

Also, started dead space 3 and I don't remember dead space being a cover shooter. Maybe it gets better later on, but the first 30 minutes are quite bad (even as a 3rd person cover shooter).
    It does? But... not much. I think it's the weakest game in the series, actually. Enemies are more bullet spongey, your guns reload incredibly slowly, it's barely even tense any more (tension being a thing I think the series did well, as differing to being 'scary') and overall it feels like a slog. I was really disappointed, as I've been a dead space fan since the first, so I wasn't going in prepped for condemnation.

Oh, and the create-a-weapon part of the game is inadequately explained, adds nothing, and just gives you a butt-ton more opportunity to make shitty weapon combinations. I ended up just making the guns from the first 2 games again, so it just added an extra layer of fuss to that process.

Less and less time to play...

Trying to finish Spacemarine so I can wipe it of THE list. Some parts are terribly unbalanced.

After that I'll finish Saint Rows 3.

Then I think I'll finally try FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Now that I'm well into a binge of Assassin's Creed again I'm looking out for deals on AssRev Gold Edition. But Brotherhood is still the definitive AC game IMO (but those full synch requirements for the Tank and the Flying Machine can get fucked).

I've recently gotten L4D 2 to work with two players splitscreen, and have been playing quite a bit of that with my girlfriend. Playing with someone on the same room makes the game much more enjoyable for me, even more so when she's never played it nor the original, so every campaign is new to her. Sadly, the closest thing she is used to is RE5's coop, so she needs to grow used to aiming on a more fast paced manner. Other than that we're having a blast with it.

Obscure Node
    Facebook provides lots of interesting games. Now I am playing criminal case from Facebook.

Where would we be without mods?

In Minecraft, I'm exploring the ice biome that I showed in the screenshot thread when I come across a 256x128m chunk of swampland, outta nowhere, just carved straight out of the icy ground. Chunk generation error. There is no in-game option to re-generate faulty chunks, and since I'd already spent 40 in-game days in this world, I wasn't about to start over. So I took the seed value of the world, remade it in Creative mode, and used the single player commands and worldedit mods to copy the good chunks out of this world and into the other one.

Then I ran into a few problems. The default maximum render distance lets you see 128m in every direction, and you cannot edit blocks that aren't loaded into memory. I tried to solve this by increasing the render distance with Optifine to see 256m in every direction, but apparently, editing a chunk of four million blocks also costs a lot of memory, and since the render distance was already using twice as much memory as normal, six gigs of RAM just wasn't enough. So I had to dial it back to 128m and divide the chunks in three, but eventually everything was nicely paved over. All the edges adjoined, the water was at the correct level, and unless cave generation is independent of the seed value, everything below ground should connect properly as well.

I feel like a leet hacker now, but credit has to go to the mod makers for making this possible. And easy!

Also, at one point I accidentally disabled flight while 100m in the air and fell to my death. The game was in hardcore mode. I had made a backup, but I was able to cheat death by exiting the game and deleting my user data in the world folder, which made the game forget that I died, so I was able to carry on.

I'd almost forget that I was playing the game for a different reason than to sculpt the world with godlike modding powers.

Obscure Node
    BF3 mostly.

Every now and then I will play a story mission in GW2 with my wife.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Started it last evening and man it's nice! Never played the originals, so I have no ref point. I am also not great on grand strategy games, but I am having a lot of fun with this, three hours in.

I finished Receiver, to the extent it's possible to finish the game. I found all eleven tapes, which was mainly down to luck and knowing where to look for them. The ones in the sink or on a chair under the table are easy to miss. I could have easily died at a few points, too: in one very short corridor there were 3 turrets and a drone, and another large room had seven drones flying around in it. The content of the tapes sounds like one man's schizophrenic manifesto, particularly due to the emotionless monotone and the nonspecific description of 'the threat', though in actual fact there's a lot of between-the-lines stuff there.

The next person to make an FPS like Receiver immediately gets my money.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    The next person to make an FPS like Receiver immediately gets my money.
    Relock then?

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Relock then?
    Ooh, yes, that looks quite nice. I'd fulfill my promise but the game isn't accepting pre-orders right now. Well, a Greenlight vote is the next best thing, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Collecting letter gems in Hotline Miami after finishing it. Enjoyed the 'twist' if you can call it that.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I just finished the "Lilly Looking Through" demo, which Adam Smith apparently loved a year ago. It's a Machinarium-sort-of thing but with nicely animated cartoon children attempting to pull lots of machinery-gizmos that are way too big for them. (The puzzles were that weird kind where you think they're "really easy" even though you had to use hints twice in 15 minutes :P).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I just finished Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and will leave my just-written Steam recommendation here:

Blood Dragon is an awesomely 80s loveletter to those action flicks of yesteryear that filled the background of my formative years. Synthpop, montages, over-the-top action setpieces and cheesy one-liners made me laugh throughout this game. As good as the guts of the game are, everything is turned up to eleven for the finale. I cannot recommend this game enough. Just play it and remember:

Winners don't do drugs.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR