Page 850 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860900950 ... LastLast
Results 16,981 to 17,000 of 24094
    Finished Crysis 2.
    Bulletsponge "bosses" aside. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Mostly grabbing HMG and go around doing schwarzeneggers.
    The plot is hilarious and the best part is how serious they take it. The best part is when [spoilers]the suit starts talking to you, giving you motivational speeches. Also I found the last line quite disturbing. I assume it's supposed to be 'epic' and whatnot but the idea of prophet taking over Alcatraz's body is a dickish thing to do. Morally repulsive too. Well, given the writing quality I expect that when crysis 23 is over they'll pull a goodbye butters. [/spoilers]

It seems like it was written by a 14 year old who watched Commando and Alien vs Predator on the same day. It's really cheesy.
    Also I found it funny that the game takes control during the setpieces, as to say "oh look! this next part is awesome. Too awesome for you to ruin it actually by not being equally awesome, so I'll take care of it".

Still, I enjoyed the shooty parts. It's very well put together and solid.
    Last edited by Tikey; 04-09-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    sir you are being hunted alpha
    hammerwatch
    skyrim - still
    planetside 2 - still

just finished the serious sam 3 expansion which was fun - if a little short

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Finished Crysis 2.
    Bulletsponge "bosses" aside. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Mostly grabbing HMG and go around doing schwarzeneggers.
    The plot is hilarious and the best part is how serious they take it. The best part is when [spoilers]the suit starts talking to you, giving you motivational speeches. Also I found the last line quite disturbing. I assume it's supposed to be 'epic' and whatnot but the idea of prophet taking over Alcatraz's body is a dickish thing to do. Morally dubious too. Well, given the writing quality I expect that when crysis 23 is over they'll pull a goodbye butters. [/spoilers]

It seems like it was written by a 14 year old who watched Commando and Alien vs Predator on the same day. It's really cheesy.
    Also I found it funny that the game takes control during the setpieces, as to say "oh look! this next part is awesome. Too awesome for you to ruin it actually by not being equally awesome, so I'll take care of it".

Still, I enjoyed the shooty parts. It's very well put together and solid.
    i didn't enjoy it. it lost the open approach, big world feel of crysis 1 and warhead. Felt more like a cod style console shooter

Yes, in that sense it's totally a step backwards. I should get Warhead. Maybe next sale.
    How's crysis 3 in that regard? Also, in a scale between 1 and Hercules in New York, how silly is the plot?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Finished Spacemarine,

Not a bad game, fits the universe of 40k quite well as far as I know. Story is ... well it's a shooter. I liked the fact that you were a one man army but situations lacked a bit of variety and some parts were a bit frustrating and I had to retry several times to find a proper tactic. some choices of weapons are not suited for some parts. I guess it gives the game a more strategic feel but I found it a bit irritating sometimes. (Probably because I rushed it a bit).

Overall, a nice experience for the price I paid for.
    The one truly odd weapon decision was leaving the Storm Bolter to almost the end of the game. It would have been a really fun weapon to use against Orks, but against the more heavily armoured, range-focused enemies you encounter at the end it was a total liability, especially as you'd have to swap out your Lascannon.

Obscure Node
    i am replaying witcher 2 this may be my last day here because my exams are near abbout and my mother orderd me to focus on study than to game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I went back to Guacamelee and this time I took an SF pad instead of the 360 controller because - frankly - the game was fucking terrible with the 360 controller (and it's unplayable on a keyboard)

Hmmm - it's a bit better with a decent DPad, but the SF buttons take some getting used-to - overall you feel a BIT more in-control but it's still more frustrating than fun.

I wonder, sometimes, if games like this are even playtested by anyone who's not been playing them for months (e.g. a developer) - I'd have to say not because the difficulty is all-over-the-place and some stuff just doesn't work at all (the way enemies shield, the way bullets pass through enemies and platforms but you can't, the way it basically 'cheats' sometimes and allows enemies to hit you from range etc.)

I read one review that said the problem with the game was that when you got through a tricky encounter it always felt more like luck than skill and that nails it for me. The fight system is just shabby and the difficulty is scattershot.

The 'solution' the developers have put in there is the ability to "buy more health" but that's missing the point. You SHOULD be able to get through the game without spending any money - but the randomness makes this a less desirable path (by some margin).

Shame - there's a lot to like in the design and look of the thing, but they failed, completely, to make the controls and the movement and the combat gel properly - and they resort to nasty tricks like make you repeat boring combat sections if you fall off a tricky platforming bit - which, frankly, should be a major cause of impotency/sterility in game designers - quite frankly...

I'd steer clear of this one unless you like a frustrating time AND you own a decent pad/stick.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yes, in that sense it's totally a step backwards. I should get Warhead. Maybe next sale.
    How's crysis 3 in that regard? Also, in a scale between 1 and Hercules in New York, how silly is the plot?
    First, I fully agree that the ending to Crysis 2 was VERY messed up. And I suspect Crytek realized that because they completely gloss over it in Crysis 3.

Crysis 3 is my favorite in terms of the balance between open world and set-piece heavy shootouts. There are the Crysis 2 style very linear sequences, but there are also the large hubs of Crysis 1 where you feel like you are exploring your own path but are actually following one of a few pre-planned ones (because Crysis 1 wasn't really all that open to begin with). And the bow was very very fun.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I thought that crysis one's jungle shootouts are massively overrated, because since you can't manage a squad, it doesn't really make much difference which tree you hide behind, and the tactical opportunities aren't actually that fantastic! Oh, I turned invisible, moved through the trees and flanked them. I am really choosing my own path through this game. Crysis 2 was much more freeform. Some actual verticality with multi-storey buildings and scaffoldings, alien enemies that whilst still largely duff, weren't as duff as in crysis 1, and the arenas you fought enemies in weren't actually small? I dunno why people say they were, they were usually a couple of city blocks each, with underground bits, houses to flank through, overpasses, and plenty of interesting terrain. A lot more than just 'it's a sort of flat area with a lot of trees in it' that made up the entirety of crysis 1. The only thing it really has over crysis 2 is that you can turn your suit up to max strength and fling tortoises into space. Crysis 2's armour mode is better as well, because it made you sound stompy and it wasn't just 'what happens when you turn the other powers off' like it was in crysis 1.

There I said it. And whilst I'm here, I'm dismayed that you didn't have a 'maximum volume' mode that allowed you to FUS soldiers through walls.

APB Reloaded.
    I got it because a friend was playing it and it had really interested me since release. I got it a couple of days ago and it's so good.
    I enjoy the mix of shooters, MMO (well, sort-of) and RP in this game, along with driving. My top four gaming genres in one game - I don't think I could ask for more. Yes, there are a lot of bugs, and not everything's perfect, proven by the initial collapse of the first game 'APB' and the company, but I think the mash-up of genres and innovative new design really pushes this game into my favourites.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Is the driving lag tolerable? A while ago APB driving lag was awful, like +1000ms..
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Is the driving lag tolerable? A while ago APB driving lag was awful, like +1000ms..
    Yeah, APB still lags. Not as much as 1000ms from my experience, but often you'll get the odd player that jerks while running and is a real bastard to kill.

Call of Pripyat. I tried sneaking into the old water treatment plant full of mercs trying to steal intel but just every time I try to get in there, no sound, no deaths, I get blocked by a section of this pipe that won't just let me through. like I'm blocked by an invisible wall. worse when I could see that intel right in front of me. so, tried to sneak in the other way and well, death was inevitable.

the thing what I like about STALKER is that how the game allows you to deal tight situations like this in different ways. no, not really like Deus Ex but it goes like this. I shot the couple of mercs in front silently, two shots. proceed to the pipe and the opening, shoot at random to attract attention. while they assume I'm at the pipes, I sneak behind them and pick them off outside. when they spot me, I run, hide to cover, and when they think they know where I am, boom! dead. playing mind tricks is fun again in STALKER
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    APB had and still have one of the worst driving mechanics,even when game is not lagging which it does every 15 seconds,driving cars feels like you are controlling tanks from ww 1.

Currently addicted to Prison Architect. I really enjoy planning the structures of my prison. I'm lucky right now as my prisoners are mostly well behaved. (If you don't count those shotguns that I found in some of the cells.)

Tried to play Outlast for 30mins. I guess this game is better played when I'm drunk. Gonna get back to PA for now.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Started playing my super-cheapo copy of Dead Island and with another person it's actually loads of fun! It's kind of hilariously shonky, some of the animations etc are amusingly bad. Every female NPC is wearing a bikini, which is also amusing in a way. But with a couple of people the combat is actually loads of fun, running around smacking zombies off each other's backs, circling a thugged out super-zombie and kicking it until it gets angry, marvelling at the power of deodorant etc.

Also continuing Saints Row 3, still makes me laugh. What a game. Honourary non-PC game: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on the PSP is amaaaazing. The most plotting of plots and some great historical fantasy stylings, it's like Final Fantasy Tactics but way better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Honourary non-PC game: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on the PSP is amaaaazing. The most plotting of plots and some great historical fantasy stylings, it's like Final Fantasy Tactics but way better.
    The writing is much, much better, but FFT still edges it on actual play for me: I never did finish Tactics Ogre before I sold my PSP, but that was partly because I discovered powerlevelling was way too easy. It sucked a significant amount of fun out of the later battles when I could steamroller through just about anything.

Still playing Rayman Legends, and it continues to delight and frustrate - anyone who thinks this is as good as platforming controls get needs counselling for Stockholm Syndrome. Legends is a gorgeous, wonderfully inventive game that's packed with content - it's also stupidly obtuse, ridiculously tough, inconsistent and maddeningly poorly designed in places. That's the second of the "unlock the female characters" levels I've had to skip (at least for now), because I'm sorry, when I've repeated the same frigging extended sequence fifty, sixty, seventy times and I can do every part of it perfectly apart from the last jump it's not me, game, it's you. I press the exact same button and move the stick in the exact same way I've done a thousand times already to clear jumps exactly like this and yet this time it doesn't work. Clearly I'm doing it wrong, that's not the issue: the issue is you're doing a godawful job of explaining why I'm not doing it right, and the amount of times this issue shows up makes all those 10/10 reviews hurt my brain. Sigh. And yet it's so damned pretty - and so much better than Origins, for the most part - I can't help but keep crawling back.

Network Hub
    There was a game on PSP I wanted to play but I don't know its name or if it was finally released out of Japan :
    It's a tactical game where you play someone who cannot die,so the game spans over thousands of years and you make friends with your generals and they die and you keep on living and fighting.

Was it good ? Can I play it ?

Banned
    Warhead is just like Crysis 2. Except in the jungle.

The first Crysis is the only one worth buying. It has the biggest, most open maps, accomodates the most playstyles(you can even ghost large chunks of it), has the most unique environments(frozen jungle, alien ship), most interesting aliens, and best mutltiplayer.

And the level editor is amazingly easy to use for something so complex.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    Can I play it ?
    I give you permission.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/