Page 859 of 1133 FirstFirst ... 359759809849857858859860861869909959 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,180 of 22650
    More America's Army: Proving Grounds Beta. God, this game is great. I was playing in a 12 vs 12 server, and we ended up playing 2 vs 2. Lots of tactics and distractions involved, joking through the voice chat, and, well, a really good time, in general.

I've also been playing Disciples II and it reminds me pretty much of Fable, just a bit more open. I'm entering the Battle Tower now, and while the combat is entertaining, requiring more than "click to attack", the conversations and decisions are pretty nice too.

Obscure Node
    mostly skyrim and swtor. I just love the way both of those immerse you into the stories. It's absolutely wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I managed to get Blade Runner working. Never got to play it before. It seems to be quite the thing.
    Oh that's cool, I've been wanting to replay that for ages maybe I should get to it.

Let's hope the original CDs aren't completely destroyed.

Eufloria. I played it a bit several years ago and liked it, but first got back to it now. It's rather slow, but that makes it a good game to play while doing other stuff (like running backups and diskchecks on 500GB HDs over Logmein on a very headless system).
    Pleasant 'music' too.

I know they patched it pretty severely since I last played, but I don't know what they changed yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Just arranged to go for a drink after work with Ryan from Videogaiden and Consolevania, for serious.

Not really sure what's going on

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Sloths can swim 3 times faster than they can move on land,and can hold their breath for even up to 40 minutes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm happy for both of you, but what has any of this got to do with this thread?

I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics, some Splunky and some Borderlands 2.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    They're both GTA V activities. Sloth taxiing and Ryan from Consolevania meeting. Got a preview copy to review. PC natch.
    Last edited by sonson; 11-09-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Dark Souls. I hate this game. For now. Currently (meaning for two hours) stuck at a certain boss with a sword in his mouth and I feel the game laughing about me every time I die. Not only does he often hit me while I grab my blood stain, he also inexplicably hits with attacks that DO NOT CONNECT. Grrr. Also some of his attacks can't be dodged, because they have more range than I have dodge distance. Grrr. Had him multiple times at 1/3-1/5 hit points, but now I don't manage at all.
    Still, there's 50k souls and 11 humanity in that arena with him, so I can't exactly leave.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    You could summon someone from here depending on what level you are. Also, try grabbing your souls and then homeward boning.
    steam: sketch

I got out by boning and then lost all my souls at Sen's Fortress because I don't have the ring that lets you move freely in water. I then tried to get said ring, and died because SURPRISE DEMON in the asylum. Enough Dark Souls for today.

Edit: The only annoying thing that is not just annoying because I'm incompetent is the lack of fast travel and the fact that (spoiler) Firelink Shrine dies relatively early, making it very nearly useless as a hub. (end spoiler) I don't visit merchants and smiths a lot just because it takes forever to get there. Also: Running from bonfire to a boss gets old fast. Reaaaally fast.

However, I still love that game.
    Last edited by Labbes; 11-09-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    ​Spoilers:

You can get Firelink back, and even prevent it from going. And fast travel actually.
    steam: sketch

Activated Node
    still slogging my way through RE6. The amount of QTE is kind of annoying everytime something bite on you there's another qte to go through. Movement feels weird and disorienting at times, enemy are stupid and just bullet sponge in general and I HATE it when they force you into these awkward in game cut scene where you have to walk at the game speed and can't run. Oh and fuck coop door seriously, fuck them.

On the other hand I still play too much of LoL and PES and non of my gigantic back log

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It was enjoyable in a sense. Except for the controls and the camera. There's a lot in it though that is never explained that I wish it was, but that's probably for a reason.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Wow, by making me have to hammer the 'F' key to open that jammed door, my immersion in this game has increased immeasuralby. Truly I am now one with the game, and every subsequent hammering of an 'F' key will bring me closer to gaming nirvana.

- said fucking no one ever Syndicate so stop making me jab a fucking key to open an inexplicably jammed door. Who the shit designs automatic doors to jam shut in the event of a power-cut? Unless the motherfucker is in space or underwater, that's just going full retard. Would never pass a fire code for one thing. "Fire knocks out the power? EVERYONE FUCKING BURNS!". Anda re there only automatic doors in the future? We have this technology now but you know what else we have? A shittonne of manual doors.

No one, not even in the most bloody-minded, twisted focus group imaginable could ever have said that rapidly pushing something to do something trivial in-game is a good idea.
    Ripping off someone's head in God of War - has merit.
    Jimmying open what can only be described as an architectural abortion - fuck off.

I've become a bit obsessed with enchanting things in Minecraft once I found out that the anvil can stack enchantments. In my previous game, I looted a bow off a skeleton with the Infinity enchantment. You know what that means? Never have to craft arrows again! That was great.

Unfortunately, I lost that game - hardcore mode forgives no one - and in my current, more succesful game I've been trying to get the same enchantment via the enchantment table, but no such luck. I'm now sitting on three enchanted bows that are all useless compared to the one I have, although a few of them I was able to combine into higher-level bows. I combined about six different bows into a Power 4, Punch 2 bow, but to get any shot at a better enchantment I had to roll the dice on a level 30 spell. But before I could get to that point, I come across a dungeon chest with an Infinity enchanted book. Score! And it only costs 15 levels to add it to my bow. Now let's hope I don't die again.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I'm happy for both of you, but what has any of this got to do with this thread?

I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics, some Splunky and some Borderlands 2.
    I love you for playing those three games together.

Oooh, goose bumps.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Fighting Fontaine? That was terrible.
    Nah, the Big Daddies. The only time when the intended variety of the shooting mechanics could be used. I really looked forward to the fights against them.

Network Hub
    I've finally taken the time to fire up Far Cry 3, and it's addictive as all hell. It's got that one more mission, one more mission feel that grabs be by the spinal cord and won't let go. I am surprisingly impressed by the character designs and storyline, although I'm progressing through the story more slowly than I would have thought. Hey, I need to HUNT, so I can have a bigger wallet, bigger rucksack, more room for ammo, etc.

Also, tigers and leopards are scary as hell. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Also, tigers and leopards are scary as hell. Thanks for that.
    Just wait until you walk into a crocodile ambush. Sheesh.